Odd

Something to Keep

 

I stretched out my arms before leaving my seat after the bell rang. My next class was after lunch so I had about an hour to grab something to eat. 

"Do you have another class right now?" Sunhee asked me as she got up and slung her backpack around her shoulders. 
"Not for another hour. Do you?" She sighed in envy.
"Yeah, I have language arts next." I giggled. "Sorry, I have that after lunch. Then music composition." Sunhee whined in frustration looking like a child. I laughed and helped her up as we left the classroom together. 
"Buy me lunch please?" She asked me before we parted ways. 
"Sure thing," I smiled at her. Her face lit up. "Thank you thank you!" She embraced me then ran away to her next class. 
"It'll be at the dorm!" I yelled after her. With that, I left the history building.
 
I left the campus of the university to explore the city. The streets were really busy during this time of day, with people walking in and out of buildings, all with cell phones to their ears and each trying to find a cab to their destination. I didn't want to wander around too long, so I made my way to a Thai restaurant that was near the hospital Minhyuk was at. 
 
As I was walking, I couldn't shake off the feeling that someone was following me. I thought I was just being paranoid, so I ignored it for a while. It started getting really annoying when I heard whispering and snickering behind me. I stopped suddenly and turned around. Three boys from my previous class looked at me with a funny expression. A mixture of shock and amusement, with their eyes wide. The dark blond hair boy was in front eyeing me with a smile on his face. 
 
"Yes?" I asked them all. One of the boys shoved the dark blond one closer to me, causing me to step back. 
"Do you wanna go out?" He asked as he straightened up. I rose an eyebrow, feeling like this whole scene was an arrangement. And judging from the looks of the two boys behind him laughing hysterically, my feeling was correct. 
"Sorry, but I don't know you." I told the boy truthfully. I wasn't the kind of girl that would just go out with a stranger anyways. Plus, I promised my brother..
 
"His name is Daehyun!" Someone yelled behind him. Daehyun turned around to face the other boys. I guessed he gave them a warning look because the two immediately shut up and covered their mouths, trying to hold in their laughter. 
"Um, sorry Daehyun-sshi, but I have to go now," I chimed in. He turned back around to face me. 
"No problem!" he said waving his hands," 
"Uh, sorry. See you later!" He pushed his friends away in the opposite direction going who knows where. I tilted my head. "Okay then, that was weird." I said to myself then continued on the way to the restaurant. Daehyun..hm.. I pursed my lips then opened the door to the restaurant and bought the food to go. 
 
I arrived back at the university and made my way toward my dorm room. I opened the door to my room and saw the time. I only had thirty minutes to eat my lunch then go to my next class. I opened up my lunch and took a seat on my bed, legs crossed, and with the food in front of me facing the television. I ate contently to myself, enjoying my lonesome. I started getting pretty bored and had the urge to talk to my brother. I wanted to tell someone about the weird thing with Daehyun earlier, but Sunhee wasn't here. I thought about calling Minhyuk, but remembered that he'd probably give me a huge lecture about grades, and staying focused, and the promise, and blah blah blah. He always does that. Which could get really annoying. So I decided to walk around the campus instead until class started. I threw away my trash then slipped on my shoes and backpack.
 
--
 
Language arts class was pretty boring. It reminded me of high school. The teacher just rambled on and on about one thing then went off on a long tangent talking about something else. I spotted Sunhee as I head to music department. 
"Sunhee!" I called after her. She turned in my direction and waved as she approached me. "I'll see you after class," she high-fived me, "Lunch was excellent by the way." I smiled and said goodbye before I was late for my composition class.
 
I walked into the building to be greeted with a cold rush of wind from the AC. I shivered a bit then took a seat. It was a pretty small classroom. "I guess the class isn't very popular." I said to no one. The teacher wasn't even listening. He sat at his desk with his feet up and was playing with his tablet. I suddenly felt like a prisoner with the warden guarding the room. 
"It isn't." Someone said taking the seat next to me. It was Daehyun. He's in this class?
"Oh," was all I could say. 
"Everyone pretty much takes performing arts," Daehyun told me.  "To get in the music industry." I made an "O" expression and nodded. 
"So you write songs?" He asked me. He really could talk. Especially since I'm pretty much a stranger to him, it was a little uncomfortable on my part.
"Uh, sure, you can say that."
"What does that mean?" He tilted his head in confusion. I turned to face him. 
"Well, like...I don't really try. I just.." 
"It just comes to you right?" Daehyun interrupted. "Yeah, same here." The bell rang and we both looked up to the front. The teacher picked himself up from his comfortable chair and looked to the class with only about fifteen people in it. 
 
We didn't really do much since it was the first day. The teacher reviewed notes and fundamentals to refresh our memory and some homework, too I might add. I packed the papers in my binder and backpack. 
"Guess I have homework tonight." I mumbled to myself. I heard Daehyun chuckle, forgetting he was sitting next to me. 
"Uh hey. Sorry about what happened earlier." He apologized. "My friends told me to do that." Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck and twisted his head around. 
"It's..fine I guess. I kind of figured." 
"Really? Aww.." He said acting disappointed. I laughed at little bit at his cute act and he smiled at me. His smile made his eyes look soft. A completely different feel from his usual intense look his eyes portrayed. 
"Well, see you around." Daehyun said to me with a wave and walked out the door abruptly.