Chapter 14: Sensitive Questions

Any Size I'll Fall For You (Hiatus until I get more ideas or I finish writing it on my ipod :))
Chapter 14: Sensitive Questions 
 
 
"Ta-Dah!" Jay said as she stretched her arms in the air. 
"Wow~" They were now at a sushi place that was magical. It was a little hut but inside there were sushi boats everywhere. 
"This way." She dragged him in. 
"Jay welcome back," the waiter said to her. 
"Thanks, wantanabe.This is my friend Zelo." Zelo bowed slightly. He bowed back. 
"Hi I'm  Watanabe Ryu."he held out his hand. 
"You're Japanese aren't you? How do you speak such fluent Korean?" 
"I'm not fluent in Korean. I'm trying my best to learn it though." 
"Oh~" Zelo nodded. 
"I met Sasuke when I lived in America." 
"You lived in America?!" Zelo said. She nodded. 
"I'll leave you two to talk. The usual Jay?" 
"Times two," she said. He nodded and left. 
"What's the usual?" Zelo asked. 
"Mango bubble tea with mango stars, caterpillar roll, some other rolls and salmon, tuna, surf clam, and octopus sashimi," Jay said. 
"That's extreme mango," Zelo said. She laughed. 
"So how long did you live in America for?" 
"Umm... Until I was 8." 
"Wow~ So you have fluent English?"
"Yep." He nodded. 
"How do we get the food?" 
"The boats float along the river beside the tables." 
"I hope the boat comes soon," Zelo complained. 
"Impatient Junhongie~" 
"I know..." He grumbled. She laughed and Sasuke brought the drinks. 
"Here you go." 
"Thanks." Jay took a sip and smiled. "Extreme mango~" Zelo laughed as he drank the bubble tea. "Junhong I've always wondered." 
"Wondered what?" He said as he finished his sip. 
"Where are your parents?" 
"My parents?" 
"Yeah. Why do you live with your hyungs and not your parents?" The food floated over to them and Jay took it out of the water. 
"My parents... Travel the world. They travel with my Hyungs' parents and never have time to stay at their houses in Korea. So they sold them and let us all live together," Zelo said as he took his chopsticks and took some sushi. 
"Oh~ Do they call you a lot?" Jay said. He shook his head. 
"Usually every two months or so." 
"That's great!" Zelo looked at her. "I mean since they travel so much they must be so busy and you must miss them. It's good that they at least call." Zelo nodded and ate the piece he took. 
"So what about your parents?" Jay stopped halfway when eating. 
"My parents?" 
"Yeah. You asked about mine so I'm asking about yours," Zelo said as he scarfed down some rolls. Jay put the piece down and played with it. 
"My parents...died." Zelo looked at her. 
"I'm sorry." 
"It's fine! I told myself the if I wanted to talk about my parents I'd talk to a good friend," Jay said. 
"So you're not gonna tell me?" She smiled. 
"Of course I'm going to tell you. It's just... A sensitive question I guess." 
"You don't have to tell me," Zelo said. 
"It's okay." Jay took a deep breath. "Well I was born in America. I grew up there till I was eight. I had a pretty good life. Lots of friends and stuff but at home it wasn't very good. My appa seemed nice till I was about 6. I noticed something strange about him. He was yelling at my umma all the time and me and my brother always watched behind the bedroom door. My mom stood there not yelling back..." Jay wasn't eating and looking down. 
"You don't have to go on." She shook her head and bit her lip not letting tears out. 
"One night...my umma... She fought back but then my appa went berserk. They were in the kitchen and my dad took a knife and..." Tears fell slightly. Zelo reached across and wiped the tears. 
"I told you that you didn't need to continue," he said. 
"I'm sorry, Junhong. I just want to tell someone but remembering it makes me cry," Jay said as she sniffled. Zelo cupped her face. 
"You don't look very pretty with tears," Zelo said as he wiped a last one. 
"I'm sorry." Her tears were coming back. Zelo pouted. 
"Please don't. If you cry I'll cry too!" He took two piece of paper and made them look like tears flowing out of his eyes. Jay laughed slightly and wiped her remaining tears. 
"Fine~ I can't make Junhongie cry~" She said. Zelo grinned. 
"Now eat before it gets cold." 
"It is cold." 
"That's the point. " Jay laughed a bit more and they continued to eat. 
 
"So that's what happened to your parents. Your dad's in jail but died last year in jail and your mom died because of your dad," Zelo said as he walked her home. 
"Yeah..." Jay said as she looked at the ground. They stopped in front of her house. Zelo looked at her. 
"Will you be okay? You didn't have to tell me that," Zelo said. 
"Aniyo. It's fine. Next time I'll tell you more. I've wanted to tell someone special and I guess that was you," Jay said with a smile. He smiled back and leaned in. Jay's cheeks grew pink as Zelo's lips lightly pecked her cheek. 
"I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye Jay," he said quickly. Embarrassed, Zelo ran off and Jay touched her cheek. *Did he just...*
 
"I did what you told me hyung," Zelo said as he laid on his bed. 
"Wow! You kissed her?!" Jongup said. 
"Shh hyung! Not too loud!" He made a sorry look and climbed on top. Zelo stared up at the bottom of the bed with thoughts of Jay playing in his head. He placed a picture of her at the bottom of the bunk and whispered, "I think I'm going crazy for you."