Chapter 4: Lu What ?!!!

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

 
"Mr Kang. The CEO is a asking for you in his office"
 
Your dad placed down the documents in his hand neatly. And nod usurely to the secretary. 
He walked through the corridors heading to the main office feeling nervous about why would the president want to talk to him all of a sudden.
 
*KnockKnock* 
 
"Come on in" Mr. Lu deep voice was heard. 
Your dad entered the office and bowed to his boss. 
"Please have a seat Mr.Kang" Mr.Lu ordered. Your sat and took a deep breath.
"So what is it sir?" Your Dad asked getting more nervous. *Am i getting axed?* He thought. 
 
"I don't have much time in my hand so i'm getting straight to the point" He ahem-ed before he start again. "I heard you have a great daughter".
 
"Well.. Yes why?" Your dad asked getting confused.
"You know my son Luhan right" Mr. Lu continued. Your dad nod slowly.
 
"I want your daughter as a wife to my son" 
 
Your dad blinked. "Excuse me sir" 
"My son is on to run this company after me. But the shareholders refuse to agree. They say i can't hand the management to a young foolish teen"
 
"And.."
 
"My son might seem young and all but he's smart and wise and of course i can't  loose the company for a stranger" 
"Excuse me sir but i don't get it. What does that have to do with my daughter?" 
"I have to prove that my son is capable on running this place. Of course if he's married then the shareholders will shut knowing that he's responsible of a family" He finished. 
Your dad stayed quiet amazed about what his boss is blabbering. 
 
"That's the only solution i could come up with" Mr. Lu sighed.
"But.. Why my daughter ?" He frowned. 
"Will i don't want a diva stalk up princess. Specially that maybe they'll split up after my son become the CEO. It's kinda part of an act so i need a simple girl and among all of the employees. You're the only one with a daughter my son age so.." 
 
Your dad stayed quiet thinking from the president point of view. 
"Sir i believe you know that this decision is not for me to make" Your dad answered wisely. 
"Listen if you don't agree you'll get fired. If you do agree you'll get promoted to more than a normal employee. I don't want to loose someone like you. So i guess you should think about it" Mr. Lu explained more like threaten. 
"I'm sorry but there's nothing to think about really i can't risk my little girl future for my own selfish reasons" Your dad sighed and stood up. "I'll hand my registration first thing tomorrow morning" He bowed and left. 
 
Mr.Lu shook his head. "My respect for that man grow bigger everyday" 
He pressed the the phone button. "Ms Jo get me Kang Jaemin daughter number. I guess i have to talk to her personally." He nod like he is in deep thoughts. 
"But first but my son on line" 
 
 
 
"What ?!!!! You're getting me married!!! .. To who?!!"
 
Luhan freaked out. 
"Calm down son" His dad tried to calm his not so happy son. "You want to take over this company right"
"I've been working darn hard all of my life for it." Luhan shot. 
"Then you should be responsible enough to get it" Mr. Lu reasoned. 
"Marriage really !! You don't have anything else to prove that i'm responsible" He sealed his hand in his hair. 
"Sorry son either that or you kiss the company goodbye" 
"DAAAAD!" He whined. 
"Stop acting like an immature teen and use your brain for a moment. All the shareholders only see you as a foolish irresponsible kid right now" Mr.Lu seemed a bit angry for a moment. 
 
Luhan shut and tried to think about all of this. 
"Do i get to pick the girl at least?" He questioned. 
"I already picked one" 
Luhan mentally face-palmed himself. "Does my mom know?" He rubbed his temple. 
 
"No and here's the funny part. You'll have to pretend that you're a real couple in front of her so that your mom doesn't panic" Mr.Lu finished. 
 
Luhan widen his eyes. "For real!" 
His dad only nod. Luhan cursed under his breath.
 
"Okay. But i get to control the girl as i like. If i don't like her i don't hella care fire her father. Throw them to the street. And i only get to pretend in front of my mom and anyone in the company here just. No one else have the right to know. And we'll get divorce right after i get the management here no bonus to that. And No i'm not going to throw a big wedding nor i'll go on a honeymoon And YOU will be the one telling my mom that cuz i know she'll throw a fit SO good luck convincing her that" 
Luhan snapped and stood up.
 
"You're giving me the hardest mission" Mr. Lu chuckled. "You know your mom would want to throw you the biggest wedding party ever she was talking about that since the moment you were born!" He exclaimed. 
"Nu uh you'll have to do at least that much if you're getting me married to a random girl" Luhan smoothly replied and stood up. "Gotta go now dad. See you at home" 
"Don't forget to finish the documents i handed for you earlier" 
*Right another less hours of sleeping for me. Just great* "Yeah sure" With that he left. 
Mr. Lu looked at his son disappearing through the door and smiled to himself. 
"I know you'll treat your wife good son. You're pure in heart but you just won't show it" 
 
 
 
"Sir Ms. Kang Yumi is here" 
"Great let her in" Mr. Lu leaned back getting comfortable in his seat. You entered his office feeling awkward and weird. For one you didn't know him. Two what the hell would your Dad president want from you. . 
"You're Kang Jaemin daughter?" He asked without even asking you to set. 
"Yes" You swallowed feeling nervous for some reason. 
 
"Good thing you're pretty. I don't think my son will mind you" He muttered so low that you didn't hear him. 
"Excuse me" You tilted your head. 
"Oh. Please have a seat" He motioned with his hand. 
"Okay" You muttered. "So you called me here foooor ..." You waited for him to continue. 
 
"Oh your dad is quitting his job and i want you to stop him" He said in a monotone. 
"What?" You half yelled. 
"Why is my dad quitting?" You asked. 
 
"Because of you" He answered flatly.
 
"Can you be more clear?" 
"Will your dad got a promotion offer with a condition that he refused. Anyone who refuse something like that get fired. And you know how proud your father is so he'll quit before he get fired" He explained hiding some details. 
"Wait what sort of condition is it to make him reject a promotion like that ?" You frowned.
 
"The condition was that you marry my son" He said with a blank expression. 
"Haaaaaaaa!" Your jaw drop. 
"Me marry who ?" You blinked trying to realize what's going on. 
"You get in a contract marrige with my son for few years to save your dad job" 
"You can not be serious" You muttered still surprised then you stayed quiet thinking that this man has lost it.
*Our only income is my job. He really love his job and it's easy to do for him. Finding another job will be hopeless at his age beside he'll suffer alone. I don't get enough income as a model as well. But contract marriage no hella way. There's no way i'm getting married*
 
"Why?" You asked still frowning. 
"I don't think the reson will concern you in anyway but to make it short i want my son to be responsible enough" 
"But why me?" You asked again. Mr.Lu sighed kinda of bothered by your questions. 
"Because i have a deep respect for your father" 
*Deep respect huh? Deep enough to fire him* You couldn't help but to think that way. 
 
"Sorry sir but i just started my career as a model and i'm not aloud to get married" You shook your head. 
"That's why it will be confidential" He immediately answered like he had prepared a reply to everything you say. 
You sighed. "Mr. President i get what you're saying but marrige isn't a kid game. I can't just get married like this to your son. I don't even know him" You tried to convince the old man. 
"I'm pretty aware of that young lady. But this marrige will not be real. You just have to live in the same house nothing else" 
You let out another sigh feeling defeated. Everything was just going crazy.
 
"I didn't know you were this stubborn. I thought you'll sacrifice a couple of year for your dad who sacrificed all of his life for you" Now he tried to hit a sensitive spot. 
*He's pressuring me to say yes. But he's right I can't make my dad suffer and struggle any more. He must be really troubled right now just by thinking about it*
 
"So what do you say ?" Mr. Lu asked getting impatient since he postponed a lot of work just for this. 
"I... I.." You stumbled with your words. "You made the right choice young lady" He cut you off. You looked down still wanting to refuse it but your tongue tied. 
"Great then i'll have you meet Luhan as soon as possible then we can discuss everything later". 
You stayed quiet still feeling defeated then it hit you.
 
"Wait Lu what ?
 
strangly the name sounded very familliar but you couldn't proceed where you heard it.
"Don't rush things now and tell me one more time you can do this right?" He asked like he was concerned about it but from your point of view he was only concerned about his son. 
*No no no 
But for my dad ... For my dad anything* You answered in your head.
 
"Yes" You muttered. "What other choice do i have" You muttered even lower that he didn't hear you.
"But it will stay confidential right" You snapped. 
"Yes but you'll only have to act in front of any workers here ..and his mother" He rolled his eyes at the mention of his wife. 
"His mother ? Your wife ? Why?" You frowned. 
"It's a long story. You can go now i'll tell you the details later" He dismissed you. 
You bowed your head and got out. What the hell did i get myself into !! 
 
 
 
You entered the house and looked around for any sign of your dad. "Ajumma!" You called. 
The house keeper came running to you. 
"Ajumma is my dad home?" You asked in a tired voice. 
"Yes he is actually. I think he is drinking in his room" She answered showing signs of worry. 
"He's drinking alone" You snapped and ran off to his room. 
 
 
Your POV
 
I stood in front of the door hesitating if i should knock or not. My dad is drinking alone. Unless he wasn't in a business party daddy never drink specially in the house except once when my mom passed away and that was it. 
He must be really troubled with all of this
 
*Knock knock*
 
i opened the door not waiting for him to let me in. There he was sitting next to the small table on the ground. 
"Appa!" I called whispering not wanting to disturb him. 
"Oh Yumi-ah" He beamed. He is not drunk thank god. He placed the glass down and motioned for me to come closer. 
I went and sat on the floor across from him. 
 
"How was your day princess?" He moved the glass and the bottle and placed them on the ground. Like he didn't drink at all. 
"Ayoo Appa why are you drinking? What if Yunwo caught you around the house drunk" I scolded. 
He chuckled. "You sound just like your mother" Aweee Appa.
"In times like these i really miss her around" He muttered but i still heard him. Ayo i feel so sorry for him. He is really sad about quitting his job because of me i knew it. 
Sounds like i made the right decision at last. 
 
"Appa.." I started. He looked up at me. "I went to visit you at your work today and the president told me everything" 
I started with a lie. Okay i didn't go there by myself i've been called their but somehow it felt that i shouldn't tell my dad that. 
Dad opened his eyes a bit too wide and gave me an apologetic look. 
 
"Don't mind what the president said Yumi-ah. I've already declined his offer. So don't worry about it" He gave me a warm smile the wrinkle by his eyes showing.
"Appa you think qutting your job is the best solution" I said as a matter of fact. "Ani you're wrong if you think so. At least you could've talked to me about this we could've sort things out"
 
He let out a heart laugh. "Those are adults problem Yumi. Don't bother your head with it" 
Hallo i'm 19 years old here how can he still call me a kid!!
"Appa" I called again. "I already agreed to the president offer. You'll get to continue your job as from tomorrow" 
 
I said fast then i closed my eyes tight waiting for him to scream. 
A moment of silence went by then right on cue. "WHAT!" He bursted.
 
"Yumi this is not a kid game i can't let you do this" He hissed. 
 
"Appa you should trust me on this" I argued. 
 
"Yumi-ah think about it again huh i know you're doing this for me but do you think i'll be able to sleep knowing that you're suffering for me huh" 
Good point. Hmm
 
"Appa It's not that . cuz i want to do this. I really do" I lied so naturally. I don't want to do this.
 
"Yumi you'll find a good guy one day but not the president son. I'm very sure the president chose his employee daughter so that he can pressure her like he just took you into marrying his son hm. His son will probably use that against you as well " 
Another good point. But sorry dad my decision is clear in my head right now. 
 
"I don't want my daughter to get hurt. I promised your mom that i will take care of you. Making you do this is not taking care of you it's sending you to hell" He continued. 
 
"What hell are you talking about! Appa nothing much will change hmm i'll come visit everyday. I'll continue my career the way i want and i'll spend the morning at the college like always. And for you you'll continue the job you love so much" I reasoned. 
 
"Yumi" He called but i continued anyway.
 
"If i refused daddy you'll be jobless and i know how much you hate that. See the positives are more then the negatives why are you still refusing" 
 
"Still Yumi-ah" He still argued. Ayooo my stubborn headed father. 
 
"Heey you still argue about that just drop it cuz i already gave the president my word" I beamed acting all innocent to light up his mood. 
 
"This-"
 
"Aaaaaaaah i'm so tired" I cut him off faking a yawn. "Good Night dad" I said and rushed out of the door. 
I plopped my head back in "Oh and don't drink more arasso" With that i disappeared from his sight.
 
Did i really chose the right thing ? Who knows maybe it will turn to the best !!
 
 
 
 
 
______________________