Chapter 12: Dinner with the Wu's

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

 
"Why is this taken so long ?" Luhan Sighed .
He was waiting for an hour or so by now.
 
In 2 minutes you came out to him. With your hair and make up nicely done. 
You looked stunning but that wasn't the result Luhan expecting. 
*She looks like always. Not much different* He seemed disappoint a bit but showed no feeling. 
You were beautiful but still it's all make up. 
"Took you long enough" He shrugged and went out *Cold again* you pouted and followed behind to the car. 
 
You sat and fasten your seat belt waiting for him to throw a comment but he just stepped on the accelerator and drove straight. 
"Sooo .. You didn't tell me what do you think ?" You asked a bit excitement showing in your voice. Not that you care about his opinion but it'll be good if he said something nice for once. 
"You look the same" He said what's on his mind with his usual cold tone. 
"How the same ?" You wrinkled your nose. 
"It's just make up" He shrugged. "Why are you talking to me anyway ?" He said irritated. 
"Can't you be nice a little for a change" You mumbled and darted your eyes out. 
He ignored you like he didn't hear. 
 
"YAAAAH what are you doing up there we're going to be late hurry" Luhan yelled from down the stairs. Like he didn't have enough from waiting you in the salon he had to wait for you to get dressed which took even longer then need. 
"I'm coming I'm coming" You said from far while running to the stairs. You stopped to put the earrings on and fit your feet properly in your heel.
"I'm done" You stretched your hand to your side.
Luhan eyed you from top to toe and remained a poker face. 
"Decent enough" He muttered and turned to go. 
You huffed in disappointment again and followed. 
"Being nice will definitely kill him" You murmured to yourself.
 
"So who are we meeting ?" You asked. 
"Why do you care" Again he replied rudely. 
"I have at least the right to know that" You demanded.
"Kris family's The Wu's" He uttered.
"Kris ??" Your eyes widen. 
"Yeah don't worry he already told me he's not coming" Luhan immediately added. 
You let out sigh in relief. 
 
"Why would you care if he find out anyway ? He's my friend it's natural that i'll tell him one day" 
"NOOO" You instantly shot. 
"Like i'll consult you if i planned to tell anyone" Luhan scoffed at your reaction. 
"No really. If the news got out i'd have to kiss my career good bye and i'm just starting. You can't do that to me" You menacingly said. 
It sounded like a challenge to him but still he won't stoop low. Specially because he don't really care. 
He stayed silent ignoring you. No response. Again the silent mode made you look away from him. 
This guy is something you'll never come to understand. Like ever. 
 
 
You've arrived to the restaurant a little later than the others because of the time you took getting dressed. 
Luhan stretched his hand for you. You gave him a look. 
"Come on we're already late" He relented. You blew some air from your mouth. 
*How long more ?* You pleaded in your mind as you took his hand. 
You eyed the restaurent in awe. This place must be for the Double double VIP's. It looked expensive Very very expensive. 
You shuddered. 
 
Luhan turned to you. "What's wrong now?" He peeved.
"Nothing i'm just nervous" You replied. He didn't seem to care to reply furthermore as he dragged you to one of the inside rooms for VIP's. 
He was nervous himself but he tended not to show it. You two reached in front of the room
He took a deep breath and opened the door. You glanced at his side. 
He seemed a little hesitate but he still entered with you in his hand. 
 
The first one you saw was his Mom with Mr.Lu on her side. Yenny in the far end of the same side and two empty seats between her and Mrs. Lu 
Obviously for you and Luhan. 
The guests were on the other side of Mr And Mrs. Lu so there back was facing you and Luhan. You supposed it was the Wu's but there was three of them. 
 
You noticed Mrs. Lu face brighten. "Omo you kids finally arrived" She clapped her hands together. 
The Wu's turned to look at you two. You were practically behind Luhan but when you saw the Wu's and recognized one face. You gasped simultaneously with Luhan and hid yourself completely behind him. 
Luhan's eyes widen directly facing Kris.
Kris had a creepy 'You're busted' smile on and gave Luhan a salute. 
Luhan mind was cursing a million time and his eyes remained rounded.
 
"Hello son nice to see you again" Mr. Wu deep voice cut Luhan trace of thoughts. 
Luhan realized how awkward he looked when he was standing and staring so he lowered his head to bow. You bowed out of respect in the same time to hide your face. 
And when Luhan straightened you hid again behind him and unknowingly squeezed his hand. 
"You look very tense son. Why don't you take a seat first" Mrs. Wu pointed. Mrs. Lu nodded in agreement. Luhan gulped and marched to his seat with you. 
 
You felt the eyes were all on you as you tried to hide behind Luhan as hard as possible. 
Luhan pulled the chair for you but you looked away. Away from everyone just to hide your face even though you knew exactly how impolite it was. 
Luhan took a note and leaned very close to you to whisper in your ears. 
"We can't escape it now so you better make a good impression and introduce yourself" He whispered and let go of your hand.
You swallowed *He's right. No chance to escape now* 
You took a brave turn and smiled widely showing your face. "Hello. I'm Kang Yumi Luhan's wife" You bowed then looked at Kris parents.
You couldn't even contain how embarrassing and shameful that sounded. 
 
Kris smirk suddenly vanished. His expression turned to confuse and unbelieved as he turned his gaze to Luhan who just shrugged. 
Mrs. Lu beside Luhan motioned for you both to set. You both sat and narrowed your eyes on anything but Kris.
"Omoooo you got yourself a beautiful daughter in law" Mrs. Wu said in a warm voice. 
"I know right" Mrs. Lu had the proud grin on. 
"But i heard you're married recently ? Why aren't you in your honey moon ?" Mr. Wu asked. 
"Well you know sir that we have collage and we both have our jobs that can't hold postponement" Luhan chose to answer.
"Right Yumi i heard you're steadying yourself as a model. Is that true" Mrs. Wu questioned. 
*Welcome to FBI* You huffed in your mind but smiled on the outside. 
"Yeah" You answered a bit awkward. And the talking went on.
Kris mom and Luhan mom did most of it. 
Luhan will join some conversation when he's asked. And you just stayed silent. 
 
You were aware that Kris was digging a hole in your head with his pierceing eyes. You took a quick peak at him. 
You were wrong he was digging a hole in both you AND Luhan heads. So you turned completely to Yenny who was on your other side. 
You decided to start a conversation with her. What ever it was it must less awkward then how the situation is to you. 
She was busy with food. Typical. 
 
"Hello we meet again" You started. 
She lifted her head from the food and blinked before replying. 
"Your in laws" She pointed. "Your in-laws friend and business partner" She pointed across.
"Your husband" She pointed behind you. "And your husband friend" She pointed across from him. "And yet you choose to talk to me !!" She finished, all whispering. 
"Believe it or not you're the only one that i feel comfortable talking too right now" You said as a matter of fact. 
"Let me guess. Kris didn't know that you guys are married" She raised her brow. 
"Bingo" You sighed. 
"Hmm" She glanced over at Kris. "That's explain his tense stare at Luhan oppa" She giggled in a silent tone. 
"What are you giggling about ?" You whispered confused. 
"Finally some action" She rubbed her hand together. You fought the urge of smacking her head. 
 
"Luhan" Kris suddenly blurted. That surely got the the attention of everyone in the room. 
"Can i talk to you for a second" Kris grinned. You looked over at Luhan who had a blank expression on. "Sure" He muttered. Then they both left the room. Everyone's eyes traveling after them. 
"And the action took off" Yenny muttered disappointed and placed her chin on her palm. 
 
 
Luhan and Kris got a little out as away as possible from where the others where. Just in case.
Kris then suddenly turned to Luhan which made him feel uneasy but kept a straight face. 
Not minding the surroundings in the restaurant he spoke first. 
"So that's why you didn't want me to come here today" He scoffed. "Great job deceiving us today at lunch. You guys sure put on an undoubtable play. We didn't even know you two knew each other but Now to tell me you two married !!" He started feeling a little anger.
 
He felt deceived it's understandable but this is the calm Kris we're talking about. if his reaction was like this then what will the others say.  
"We- I for what i know didn't deceive anyone" Luhan patted his chest. Keeping his nerve calm.
"Dude" Kris chuckled bitterly. "You're married" He pointed. 
"You're married to the girl you acted like you can't stand. You argued with her several time in front of us and all those nicknames she's giving you !! While in fact behind us you were a lovey dovey couple! You wanted to keep it a secret that much that you didn't even invite us to your wedding" 
"Well you please.." Luhan took a deep breath. "Shut up and let me explain" 
Kris stayed quiet Luhan sighed before starting.
 
"First of all i DID'T deceive anyone. That girl i really don't stand her and when we argued i truly didn't know who she was. I still don't she's just under the label as 'My wife' because my dad chose her. I didn't even throw a decent wedding. It's all for business purposes. So just like me she is forced to marry. I only see her at college when you guys do. We're not a lovey dovey couple heck the girl don't even know my name" Luhan emphasized the last line.  Kris piercing gaze didn't leave him as he stayed silent. 
He saw that coming. That Luhan will be forced to marry someone cuz this is how rich people life is. All for business so he wasn't that surprise. 
But for it to be Kang Yumi that's what shocked him cuz from the first time they met they bickered how the hell can she be his wife !!
 
"So this whole act just now was all fake ?" Kris nod his head toward the room. 
"Even my mom think that it's real" Luhan mused.
"But i don't get it why are you keeping it a secret. It's no big deal that you're married i thought we were friend" 
"If i told any one that i'm married. Including Exo. They'll assume that i love her. Which is not true so how will i explain to them that i'm married to someone i don't love. Moreover we're getting divorce in a year or two. And for her will she's a model so getting married will cost her her career" luhan answered hoping in his mind that Kris will stop asking any more questions. 
 
Kris rubbed his neck. "It is an understandable situation but still i'm not fully satisfied . And Exo will not be happy to hear this as well specially Chanyeol" 
"That's why can you please keep it a secret" Luhan almost begged with that tone. He cleared his throat afterward. 
Kris his lips while thinking. He tried to consider the obstacles of this whole thing. 
"They'll make a fuss if they figured. But Okay" 
Luhan gave a sigh in relief. 
"But.." 
That other 'But' made Luhan frown a little. "We have to snap Chanyeol from his dreamy thoughts about her. I think i have a plan" 
That line fully got Luhan attention. "I'm listening" He grinned.
 
"Do you think they're fighting?" You whispered to Yenny. The elders voice was so loud that they didn't even hear you two chatting.
 "Ani no way they're way more mature than that. Beside why do you care any way" Yenny rolled her eyes back to the food. 
"But i-" 
"See here they're" She nod her head to the door. You immediately looked at the door but no one had came. "Are you kidding m-" before you even get to finish the sound of the door open was heard. 
You looked up and saw the both of them come in.
Your eyes widen as you instantly turned to Yenny. 
"How-" 
She just smirked and continued digging in her food. "What a scary kid" You mumbled to yourself. 
 
You immediately turned to your other side seeing Luhan take his seat next you. 
You looked at him with your big eyes but he didn't notice. 
He looked up at Kris who only grinned back. You left out confuse *Now what ?* 
Suddenly Luhan turned to you with a half fake smile. 
"Hmm why didn't you touch your food. How many times i told you to eat well" He faked a caring sound. 
You noticed everyone eyes turn to you two. You gulped. 
"Ah that's just .. Because i was waiting for you while you were out. How can i eat when you are not around" You giggled awkwardly. Luhan grinned halfway. 
 
Inside you wanted to smash your own head while Luhan felt himself about to puke. 
"Omneee how a cute couple they are" Kris mom squealed. 
As soon as they turned to talk randomly again. You both rolled your eyes away from each other. 
 
Kris had his eyes on you two. He scoffed. 
*Fake or real They are a couple now* 
 
 
 
____________________________________________
Halllllllloooo ;) How are you guys ? 
Just wanted to know what do you guys think so far. Sometimes it get a little lame right :P
Anyway i hope you like it ;3