Chapter 14: Almost Busted

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

 

 
 
You sighed. 
You eyed your sporty outfit from top to toe then sighed again. 
Guess i'm not skipping this time.
 
You made your way downstairs with your head down. 
You heard the TV on so you looked up to see the back of Luhan head. He was setting in one of the couches watching TV or just dozing off. You couldn't really tell. 
Weird he didn't go out today. 
 
You shrugged the thought and just decided to continue your way. Before you take another step he spoke first. 
"Where are you going ?" 
You froze in your spot and immediately jerked your head his way blinking your eyes.
"Do you have a third eye in the back of your neck or something ?" You wondered panically.
He then turned around to see you still setting on the couch. 
"What kind of an answer is that" He raised his brow. 
"Then how did you saw me without turning around? Eh creepy" You asked not minding his words.
 
First his sister now him. Scary scary Lu people. 
 
He made a face "Just answer" You rolled your eyes. 
"Why do you want to know that ? I thought we're not to mind on what or where the other person go" 
"My question was clear" He emphasized. A little irritation showed in his tone. 
You curled your lips up in annoyance. No choice but to answer when he demands it. 
"Dancing class" 
"Heh Can you dance ?" He Replied in a mocking voice not really expecting an answer. 
"Whatever like you can" You retorted. 
He stayed quiet. You looked at him waiting for his hollering but you got no response. 
Your eyes lit up. "You dance !!!" You couldn't hid the excitment that started conquering your voice.
Still no answer. 
"Wooh really ? That's great then i don't have to go. You can just teach me some basics"
And i'll fib to the manger and say that i got a personal trainer. You continued in your head. 
 
A little bit overboard to think about that.Specially Luhan as a personal trainer. 
"I can't dance"
Luhan instatly answered not bothering to consider it twice. 
He definitely don't want to involve himself with you. In anything.
You frowned. "Typical" 
"Why do i bother with you. You won't even give me a ride. Let me go and catch the bus before i get really late" You made an annoyed expression and stomped out. 
Luhan watched over you till you got out. He returned his gaze on the TV. "Did she even ask for a ride?" He muttered. 
 
 
"Ah i just finished ?" You let out a deep sigh through the phone. 
"You're seriously asking me how it went ?! They want me to move my hands and legs in the same time !!" You exaggerated with your tone.
"I know right. Anyway i gotta catch the bus talk to you when i reach home" With that you hung up and tried to run to the bus stop. But your knees were failing you.
You stopped and took a deep breath. 
"This is only making me more lazy why are they forcing me to take these lessons again ?" You whined to yourself and continued walking with a lower base.
 
 
"What took you so long ? It passed dinner time" Luhan welcomed you in front of the door. 
You were beyond exhausted to argue with him. 
"You were waiting for me ?" You said in a calm voice just waiting him to deny so you can end the conversation and go up. 
"Yes" He hissed. 
*Hmm didn't see that one coming* 
"Excuse me ?" You tilted your head. Luhan looked at you like he desired to smack your head so badly.
"Mom was here a moment ago. I got scolded because you're so late coming home" 
"So ? Why didn't you just tell her i was at work or something" You frowned. 
Luhan shook his head. "Regardless. We have a problem now because of you" 
He rubbed his temple. 
"We ?" You pointed to yourself and him. 
 
Before he even start blabbering about the rational reason his mom say will be helpful to any young people marriage, The bell rang. 
 
He looked behind you kinda confuse. *Who's coming to visit now?* 
You looked back at the door then shook your head lightly. "Whatever. I'll go to bed" And you stormed up not caring to know who's at the door.  
 
Without asking who's there he opened the door slightly but right then the door flung open. 
"HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" 
Luhan eyes widen. His mind cursed multiple time and his eyes darted to the end of the stairs to see if you're out of sight yet. 
 
The guys just scattered inside like some wild animals that just got released from the Zoo. 
 "Wooooooow Luhan why didn't you tell me You moved out to your own house" Xiumin mused looking around. 
"This place is .. AWESOME" 
"You punk. You live alone and don't invite us" 
"Hmm i expected you living in a mansion this is considered small from your parents house Lulu" 
"What are you saying it's perfect" 
"Yeah specially cuz he live alone" 
"Ooh then we should all move in with him here. You know it can be Exo dorm" 
 
Luhan face palmed himself seeing them goofing around as they just got in. They can annoy him really sometimes but what can he do. 
Specially right now. He is one step from getting caught and things will be ugly afterward. 
No one can predict their reactions but sure theing it will not be pleasent. 
"Why didn't you stop them?" Luhan asked Kris as soon he came by his side. 
"Your kidding me who can stop these guys" Kris answered as a matter of fact. 
"Then you could've at least called me" Luhan half yelled. The others being loud in the background they probably didn't hear. 
"Idiot. Did you even check your phone" Kris raised his brow. *Ugh i forgot to fix it*
"Whatever. How did they find out ?" 
"We went to your house The maid stopped these holligans before they enter and were more than glad to tell them that you moved out and gave them the address" 
"Those stupid maids" Luhan clenched his fist. 
"Can't blame them really. You know how they suffer cleaning after .. Us" 
 
"Hey let's check upstairs !" Tao voice interrupted the two's conversation.
Luhan eyes widen.
"NOOOO" He moved like a ninja before any one take a step on the stairs. 
Eyeryone had a confuse expression looking at him. He cleared his throat. Rather than freaking out he decided to calm down so that they don't doubt him. 
"There's a gaming room in the end of the hallway" He pointed. 
Everyone eyes lit up at the mention and before he know it they all disappeared to the end of the hallway except Kris and Suho. 
 
"Sorry for surprise visit. You know how they can be" Suho beamed. 
"You're apologizing for their behavior !! Don't joke me these freaks actions are out of hands" Kris was the one who replied. Luhan was still in daze thinking what should he do.
Should he just tell them ? First: They'll get mad. 
Second: They'll hover him with questions. 
Third: Everyone will know. 
Even if they're his friend you can't count on them zipping their mouths. Specially if they were mad. 
"Be right back" and Luhan ran upstairs. 
Suho looked absolutely confused as he narrowed his eyes from Luhan back to Kris. 
Kris shook his head but snapped when he noticed Suho gaze on him. 
"Let's go and check the gaming room" Kris added and pulled Suho with him forcefully which made him with no choice but to oblige. 
 
Luhan fastened his base and literally barged into your room. It was dark and quiet. Only the sound of his breathing can be heard. 
"Kang Yumi ?" He called almost whispering. No response. 
*Good she is really asleep* He let out a sigh in relief and darted out again shutting the door behind him. 
*Now all i have to do is prevent them from going upstairs* 
 
"No maids around here ?" Sehun plopped his head next to Luhan.  
"Yeah we're hungry" Chanyeol agreed While his eyes were glued on the TV screen up there. 
"Heh no just an Ajumaah who cook and clean. I had my dinner already so she left home" 
 
"Wohooooo I WON I WON. In your face ER" Xiumin jumped pointing at Tao. Tao threw the controller and huffed. 
"I won't play this game Ever again" He shook his head and stood up. 
"Just admit your defeat er" Xiumin stuck his tongue. 
 
"I wooooooooon" Kai cheered from the other corner of the room. D.O had the same expression as Tao. 
He just got defeated. "Whatever" 
 
"High five from a far Brother" Xiumin got a little excited. "Wanna play a game and see who win ?" 
"You're so on" Kai pointed and flew to Xiumin side. 
 
Luhan sighed over and over again. He was tapping his finger nervously and looking at them. They didn't look like they're planning to leave. 
 
"Hey we've been in this room the whole time. We couldn't even explore your house Luhan" Chen commented. 
"Yeah but this room is awesome. I suggest that we make this place our hangout. Who agree ?" 
In a blink of an eye everyone raised their hands except Kris and Suho. And Luhan of course.
"And the owner disagree" Luhan added referring to himself. 
They rolled their eyes and continued doing whatever they were doing. 
Yeah not planning to leave yet. 
 
"Hyung i really need to go" Sehun started. Luhan eyes lit up *Someone's leaving Mean the others will follow* 
But before Luhan get more excited the maknae continued. 
"Where's the bathroom?" He asked. And Luhan hopes flushed down the toilet. 
 
"Bathroom ? Wait i'll come with you" Luhan offered to make sure Sehun don't wander around aimlessly. 
"What is he a kiddo for you to accompany him" Baekhyun mocked. Luhan shot him a look. 
"Yeah just tell me where it is?" Sehun nudged getting embarrassed. 
"The first door on your right" Luhan pointed getting in daze about what might happen. 
"Heeey don't wander around okay!" Luhan shouted behind him. This is getting stupid. 
 
Sehun got out from the bathroom and was about to return to the gaming room when What Luhan said rang in his mind. 
*Why tell me to not wander around ? Does he have something to hide ?* 
With that thought Sehun stepped away from the gaming room back to the living room. 
"Looking around surely won't kill me" He muttered as he made his way up. 
He got upstairs. And roomed around a little. 
*Woh he have such a nice room but why is it so big like this, Like it's a couple room* 
Sehun laughed at the idea and immediately shook it off.
He got out from the room heading to explore the other rooms. He decided to check the next room. Your room. 
He opened the door slowly and the lights. 
Hmm another bedroom ?!!
He went around a little before his eyes fell on the bed. 
 
*Not that fancy but quite nice and cozy- Wait a minute* 
Sehun blinked his eyes. *Amm am i seeing things now !!* 
Sehun got closer to the bed. WTH
 
You got bothered by the lights and stirred a bit. You got more irritated and opened your eyes to yell at whoever the light. 
The first thing you saw was a boy face. Quite handsome too.
You blinked your eyes coming back to your full sense and seeing the guy looking at you too. 
On cue your eyes widen so did his. 
You screamed out of surprise which made him scream too. 
You immediately covered yourself with the blanket. While Sehun ran outside the room.
 
All the Exo got out of the room due the loud scream. Sehun came running to them downstairs like he just saw a ghost. 
Luhan heart fell. He was doomed for sure. 
"Sehun-ah what's wrong ?" Suho asked worriedly. Sehun took some time maintaining his breath.
 
"You saw a ghost ?" Kai asked. Sehun shook his head still panting hard. 
 
"A bug ?" Lay asked trying to make sense. 
 
"A monster ?" Chanyeol exaggerated a bit. 
 
Luhan kept praying in his mind. *Please let the thing he saw be a monster and not...*
"A girl" Sehun spat finally catching up his breath. Luhan face palmed himself. 
*Dead IAM dead*
a brief moment of silence passed by before they all erupt in laughter. 
Sehun blinked his eyes. 
 
"Good one maknae i almost believed that" Xiumin pat Sehun shoulder. 
"Yeah me too" 
"I mean imagine Luhan and a girl .. It's just i can't" Tao trolled putting his hand on his stomach. 
"Talking about what's impossible" Baekhyun wiped the tears that started forming in his eyes. "If you want to prank somebody pick someone else" 
 
*Not that the time i know. But i kinda feel offended What's so funny about me with a girl huh* 
 
"No it's true I SWEAR I SWEAR I SAW A GIRL UPSTAIRS" 
"Yeah and how does that lady ghost look like ?" Kai challenged. 
Sehun scratched his head. "Well actually i... haven't really .. Focused on- WAIT what lady ghost it was a human girl i swear" Sehun hollered insisting on his position. 
Luhan was about to sneak away but he stopped before when everyone eyes suddenly were on him.
 
"I know it's ridiculous but Is what he claiming true ?" Suho asked. 
Luhan hesitated to answer which led to more suspicions. 
 
He tell the truth now as they discovered it like this = Big problem 
He lie then they discover that he lied to hide it too = Bigger problem. 
There's just no way out. 
 
Their expressions changed from mocking to serious when the saw Luhan not able to put on an answer. They faced each other then looked upstairs. 
Suddenly they all ran up in the speed of lightning except Kris and Luhan of course. 
Luhan face-palmed himself one more time. 
"Don't worry they'll understand" Kris tried to comfort him. Luhan shook his head and looked away. 
He really did not want to see how things will get. 
 
Exo gathered in front of the room Sehun was pointing at. 
On cue they bursted in the room.
No one was there. 
"Yah maknae you're kidding us" D.O shot Sehun a look. 
"B-b-but i .. And th-th-there was .. She been" Sehun stuttered pointing at the bed. 
"Told you it was a ghost" Kai nod to himself.
"Noo i'm sure of what i saw" Sehun looked around. 
"You're hallucinating buddy. Let's take you home and get you some beauty sleep" Tao wrapped his arm around Sehun. 
 And they returned downstairs like that not even bothered to check the whole floor. 
 
 
You fell from the closet a little while when you heard it quiet in the room. You breathed soundly 
"Oh thank god" You let out. I thought my claustrophobic idea's were about to kill me just now" You breathed. 
 
 
"Yeah Sehun was hallucinating again. There's nothing upstairs" Luhan let out a visible sigh. Somehow he felt really relieved that they didn't find you still he was a bit confuse. You were in your room weren't you ?
"No No it's true i'm pretty sure i've seen a girl. Luhan tell them" Sehun nudged. 
Luhan swallowed. Tell the truth now or lie forever.
"What girl are you talking about. Dude knock it off you're starting to scare me" Luhan wrapped his arm around Sehun and squeezed his shoulder. 
"Yeah you can't tell him that his house is haunted. Specially that he sleep alone" Kris added. 
"Oh seriously Luhan if i were you. I won't be able to sleep in a house alone" Chen said. 
Sehun remained quiet. Now did he really seen a ghost ? 
 
"Yeah yeah get your beauty sleep we're going" Chanyeol mocked. 
"You know a face like this isn't easy to remain" Luhan played it cocky a bit now that he's in peace.
"Yeah sure brag all that you want about your small face" Xiumin rolled his eyes. 
"Jealous much" Luhan coughed.
Xiumin shot him a glare. "Whatever we're really late. Let's just go" 
After bidiing goodbye Luhan felt light and peaceful. 
A little bit guilty for lying to his closet friends but still at ease. 
 
 
He was about to head to his room when you came downstairs with your arms crossed on your chest. 
"What was that ? Why didn't you tell me that you invited your friends" You started with low but obviously angry voice. 
Luhan scoffed in disbelief. 
"It's my house i can invite who ever i want" He answered with a flat tone then shrugged. 
You shut your eyes and rubbed your temple. I swear i know it is your house no need to remind me.
 
"Still i told you to inform me at least. I'm a living creature here" You said as a matter of fact. 
He just rolled his eyes. "Beside i'm a girl You can't just invite 10 , 11 boys here" You added and girl you wish you didn't. 
Luhan scoffed at your statement and eyed from head to toe. "Believe me there's nothing to see in you" He pointed with a mocking tone. 
You blinked and looked down at your body. 
"What's so wrong about me ?" You whined with the hint of a pout.
Before you know it Luhan was right in front of you. 
 
He lowered his head to match your gaze. "You're .. Unattractive" 
His words hit you. Unattractive ? At all ? 
"I can be attractive a little" Regardless on how weird funny and embarrassing that sounded you just didn't want to loose to him. "I'm a model after all" You whispered the last part. 
"Heh" Luhan pulled his head back. 
 
"That's why i hate models the most. Nothing to see in them only bones. Fake overly makeup. Funny hairstyles. Weird poses Like they're just dolls that get controlled by the designer that dress them up. Yet still they actall cocky and stalk up" Luhan snarled annoyingly.
 
To tell the truth he never hated models he never thought about it anyway. Everything that came out from his mouth he just thought of at the moment.
You felt cheap considering what he said. Maybe cuz it banged your head couple of times when you saw some anti's comments like this before. 
But you loved doing that right ! That's all the matter right !
 
"Like i care about what you say" You snapped. 
Luhan narrowed his eyes before moving around you to go upstairs back to his room. Ignoring you again. 
"Meanie" You huffed with a low voice. Then again when he completely disappeared you looked at yourself. 
"Yeah. Even i know that i am unattractive" You sighed then pouted. 
 
Luhan closed the door behind him. 
"Thank you for saving my " He whispered to himself. "Those are the kind of word that should have came out just now. I don't know how this whole thing turned to a small fight"