Chapter 13: Poor Chanyeol

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

 
You got out of your room the same time Luhan did. He stared at you for a moment. 
"One minute late and i'll leave without you" He Prompted. 
You nod your head multiply without arguing. He is your ride after all.
He marched his way to the stairs and you followed behind him. 
 
You suddenly stopped before reaching the stairs. "Ugh My phone" You muttered and went back to your room. "Oh where did i place it ?" 
You continued looking around hurriedly messing everythings up .
"Uh i'm going to be late ?" 
You finally located it under the covers. You immediately slipped it in your bag and stormed out. 
"He's definitely going to leave without me" 
 
You ran all the way to the stairs as you got down you noticed Luhan standing in the middle of the stairs talking on the phone. 
Your eyes widen as you tried to stop before you hit him but it was too late. Your feet slipped and your body fell his way. 
Just in time he turned your way and you fell on him. Both of you crumbled down the stairs till you reached the ground.
 
Your eyes were completely shut as you growled in pain. You heard another growl right near your ears and felt a heavy body on you. 
You slowly opened your eyes. 
You growled again and tried to move but there was indeed a heavy weight above you. 
Luhan growled and tried to push himself up placing his palms on the ground. 
He pulled his head up a little meeting your face. 
It didn't take a mili second for his eyes to meet yours. 
You both gasped in the same time. Luhan immediately jerked up and cleared his throat. 
You blinked severally before trying to Set up yourself. 
You looked at Luhan direction to check on him. 
 
"Y-you okay?" You asked him a bit concerned. 
He lighted your fall a lot of course he got hurt a little. 
He cleared his throat again and stood up. 
"Idiot" He muttered and went to pick up his phone. 
"You broke it" 
"Huh?" You swallowed and went up next to him to check on the phone. 
"Oh i'm so sorry i didn't mean too" You looked up at him. He felt uneasiness and stepped away. 
"Let's just go" He stated and took off before you.
 
*What is this feeling ?* He placed his hand on his chest. 
 
"It was an accident"'You yelled for him to hear but he didn't turn back. 
You walked behind him with pout on your face. "I really didn't mean too" You huffed. 
 
"Put your seat belt on" He ordered. You did with a frowning face. 
He started the engine and drove off. 
You played with your fingers nervously while Luhan had his poker face on as the usual. He focused his entire attention on the road. 
 
"About the phone" You started with a low voice. 
"Just drop it" He sulked.
"Huh?" 
"Drop the subject" He repeated. 
"How can i ? you're obviously mad about it" You pointed. "Not that you were ever happy about anything" You muttered afterward with the lowest voice you have. 
"I heard that" He scoffed. 
"So you're mad ?" 
"I am not mad" He emphasized. 
"Prove it" You nudged. 
"What do you want me to do ? Smile like a goof" He relented. 
"I knew it" You hissed. He rolled his eyes. "But i didn't mean to fall .. Like that .. I was" You couldn't have away with your words. 
 
"What will you do anyway? It's already broken. So just drop it" 
"I'll make it up to you" You blurted. Then immediately bit your lip. 
Luhan actually chuckled to that answer. 
"Heh and how are you planning to do that ?" 
"I don't know" You quickly said and lowered your head. *What was i thinking !! I can't afford a new phone* 
Luhan held back a smile. "We'll see about that" 
For the first time he was actually enjoying a conversation with you. 
"Huh?" Your mouth hang open half way. *Just be nice and say that everything is cool. Why did i offer something like that anyway* 
"You owe me a phone. That's what you said" He replied.
"But I-" You stuttered but then let out a deep sigh. "Fine" 
Luhan let out a scoff and grinned . 
 
He cleared his throat trying to regain his poker face. 
"Oh we're almost there. Stop the car i can walk from here" 
He stopped the car but when you were about to jump off he held your wrist. You turned to him with a puzzled expression and looked at his hand that was on your wrist. 
He realized what did he just did and immediately let go. 
 
"Remember what i told you yesterday?" He continued like he didn't do anything. 
"Umm.. Oh yeah. Wait you were serious ? But you told me not to hang with your friends" 
"Just for today" He replied. 
"You cannot be serious ? Am i your robot or something. You can't get to control who i hang with and who i don't" 
That definitely fired up Luhan a little. 
"Yes you're my robot" He answered with a bit of irritation in his voice. 
"I am not" You retorted. He raised his brow as he was mocking you. 
You cursed him in your mind. 
"Even you know you're" He whispered in a daring voice. 
*Dad was right. He'll use me to do what he want just because he is able to kick my dad whenever* 
You swallowed your lump and hopped off the car not wanting to go on with the conversation furthermore. You shut the car door harshly and stepped away. 
*Jerk* 
 
 
"Here she is" Chanyeol squealed seeing you walking side by side with Ariyoung. 
"Why are you so obsessed with this chick ? There's a lot of other beautiful girls" Kris started going on with what he agreed on with Luhan. 
But Luhan himself wasn't sure about how will things go after what happened this morning. 
"But she's Perfect in my eyes" Chanyeol answered dreamily. 
"Then why don't you ask her out already?" Luhan wavered a little.
"Great idea" Lay clapped.  "Yeah just do that" Chen added. 
 
"No i'm against it. If they went out i'll have to handle the overload cuteness Chanyeol will pull out" Xiumin eagerly shook his head. 
"You mean he'll act cutie lovey-dovey 24 hours !!" Tao exclaimed. 
"24/7" Xiumin corrected. 
"No i'm againt it too" Tao immediately responded raising his hand. 
"Like i care about what you think" Chanyeol rolled his eyes.
 
"Yeah don't mind them if you really wanna go out with her i can help you" Kris nudged him. 
Chanyeol eyes lit up in excitement. "Really!!" 
"Yeah. Xiumin call her over" 
Xiumin seemed to be caught up a little by the order. "Excuse me ? I just said i'm against it" 
"Just do it" Kris forwned a little. Xiumin pouted "Not like i'm the only one who know's her. It's a little embarrassing calling her like this every time" He kicked the ground lightly. 
"No need to call her she's coming herself" Luhan nod up at you. You were coming there way with Ariyoung. He grinned to himself *So she does obey after all* 
 
 
"Skipping" You answered with a sigh. "Excuse me people but i cannot start a dance lesson today" You continued being a bit dramatic. 
"Hey you out of it. The manger will throw a fit if you didn't go today" Ariyoung remarked. 
"I'm injured. I fell of the stairs today morning my leg hurts" You faked. 
"I can see you walking. With heels too. Your leg is completely fine" She squinted her eyes. 
"Beside why did you fall off the stairs ? Did Yunwo pushed you ?!" She snarled. 
"No no no .. I - i  .. Oh i slipped" You nod. You weren't lying you did really slip. 
"Clumsy you" She tsked. "Always doin-" 
Before she get to continue you interrupted. "Exo" 
 
"Yeah that remind. Who was the girl having lunch with those guys yesterday and left me alone at lunch?" She raised her brow as she didn't get what you meant. 
"No i meant .. Wait how did you know i sat with them you've never came back" You scratched your head. 
"News flies everywhere. Soon enough i'll be crying on your grave saying 'Eheeee she used to be a good girl'" She mimicked a crying sound. 
"Oh don't worry even when i die I'm dragging you with me" You beamed. 
"But that doesn't make any sense" 
"Come on" And you dragged her along. 
"Omo Exo" She snapped when she saw them on her other side. "So that's wha-"
"Just be nice" 
"Why do you hate me ? " She said as she was being dragged by you. 
*Today it's against my well. Believe me* 
 
You soon approached them. "Hey guys" 
"Kang Yumi what a coincidence we were just talking about you" Xiumin clapped. 
"Oh really !" You forced a chuckle and looked at everyone except a certain someone.
*Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't you EVER look at him* 
You shouted in your head. 
You knew exactly the kind of look he will give you so you tried to avoid it.
 
"Yeah. Yumi There's someone that i know who have a huge crush on you. Would you like to go out with him ?" Kris said going up with what he originally planned straightforward .
Chanyeol straightened up himself and bit back his huge smile.
You looked at Kris for a moment. Exactly what Luhan said Kris will ask and the answer should be like he told you too. 
You sighed in your head. *Should i give what Luhan told me to say or answer as how i really feel ? Again i don't know why all of this. Of course no one here have a crush on me but why are they doing this?*
 
You let out a nervous chuckle. "Oh that .." You rubbed your neck. "I'm so sorry but i already have a boyfriend" You went with Luhan answer. 
Luhan smirked in victory but Chanyeol in the other hand had defeated shoulders. Like something big fell on them. 
"Y-you do ?" Chanyeol voice came cracking a bit. The way he looked and questioned made you a bit hesitated. 
"Umm " You played with your face feature. You phone rang at the moment which you were very please about it. 
"Just a minute" You excused yourself and turned a little to talk. 
"Hello" 
"Omo Johan-Oppa" You squealed a bit loud and stepped away from Exo leaving Ariyoung with them.
 
Luhan turned to Chanyeol. "Sorry" he muttered. He was really feeling sorry but again it had to be done. 
Chanyeol cleared his throat. "What are you sorry about" He tried to play it cool. 
"Because i pushed you to ask her out" 
"Yeah thanx for that. Otherwise i wouldn't know" He giggled and rubbed the back of his head. 
"You sure" Xiumin nudged. "Positive. Wait why am i sitting with you chinese people anyway" He tried to light up the mood.
"I'll get affected that way Hmm i better get going" and he marched away. 
"Chinese people?" Lay scratched his head. "Yaaah Chanyeol" He yelled after realizing but Chanyeol was long gone.
"He's back to his sense" Tao clapped. "Looks like it" Xiumin shrugged. 
 
All that and they didn't notice Ariyoung who was standing there doing nothing but cursing you in her mind. She wanted to shoot you so badly at the moment. She didn't really gave a thought about what these boys were saying. 
"Oh sorry about that" You finally came by her side. "No it's okay" Kris replied. 
"Yeah now come on let's go" Ariyong gripped your arms tightly and pulled you away. The rest chuckled at your look being dragged away like a goat. But soon they went back to mind there own business. 
 
 
"Owe owe owe. Ariyoung-ah easy what's the matter" As soon as you were away from Exo she let go of you. 
"Leave me with one more time and i'll kill you" She hissed. "Literally" 
"But Johan-oppa called me" You blinked your eyes. "Johan? That guy is still alive?" She peeved. 
"Yes and he is finally coming back from New york" You jumped a little. 
"What are you so excited about?" 
"Why aren't you so excited about it. Our friend is finally coming back" You pointed. 
"Big deal" She rolled her eyes. "Right and what boyfriend were you talking about just now?" She raised her brow. "It seriously shocked me that one of them have a crush on you but what shocked me more was your answer" 
"You said not to get involved with them" You replied like it's no big deal. 
"They said one of them admires you" She pointed again emphsizing each word. "Aren't you even curious who he is" 
"No. I don't want to be buried before my time" 
"Wait. That's not your attitude !! You know something" Again being your bff she read you like an open book. "Noooo. I'm just learning from you how to stay away" You stuttered a bit. 
"You do know something" She snapped. "Spill it" 
You blinked your eyes multiply. "I don't know what you're talking about. Ah look at the time. I'm late for class" And you ran away. 
 
The day went by. After getting scolded by the manger for not attending the dance class you promised that it's the last time and apologized. While for real deep down you weren't sure if it's really going to be the last time. 
After he hang up you fell asleep unknowingly in your bed. Without changing or even turning off the light.
 
You woke up passed midnight lazily. "Ugh" You grunted.
You looked down at your cloths and sighed. "Why do i keep falling asleep like that" 
You went to take a quick shower and changed to a Pj shorts and a wife beater. 
"I even missed dinner" You placed your hand on your stomach and sighed again. 
You decided to go down and see if there's anything eatable in the kitchen. 
 
Luhan was working late as always. He was getting sleepy more and more. And was about to collapse on the papers any minute now. 
He shook his Head and stood up. 
 
 
 
Luhan POV
 
I went out of my room planning to get myself some water from the kitchen. As soon as i stepped out i noticed the lights on in her room and the door was slightly open. 
She does't even turn off the light what a coward.
Wait Is she awake ? It's late she's probably just sleeping with the lights on.
 
Come again she didn't annoy me at all after what happened today. Is she mad for real?
Hey why am i thinking about her right now. I shook my head again and went all the way to the kitchen. 
I got myself a glass of water and went to sit in one of the chairs of the dining table. A little bit far from the kitchen. 
I took a deep breath. 
A lot of things had been going on for me. It's just so complicated that it gives me a killing headache.
I rubbed my head. Where the hell did mom place the pills ?!
 
As i was about to get up again the lights in the kitchen went on i abruptly sat again. 
It's her. Yumi 
But i thought she was a sleep. 
She didn't seem to notice me since it was still dark at my sight since the Kitchen 
Lights doesn't cover it all. 
She stood next to the oven and stretched. 
 
Why are you wearing so short shorts women. You're living with a man for crying out loud. 
 
Again I bet she doesn't expect me to be here.
She got out some ramens and started the oven. 
Is she a model for real ? How can she eat after midnight ? 
My eyes stayed on her like i didn't have anything better to do. 
She huffed to herself waiting for the ramen. 
Wait a second. I squinted my eyes to focus better. She's not wearing any make up now is she. Wow
She looks really different without her make up. 
 
I tried to get a better view of her face but she turned around at the moment. 
Not close enough but her face look really different.
It looks ... Not-fake. 
The best compliment my mind could think of. 
I focused my stare on her again trying to hide myself as possible. 
She placed the pot and jumped to set on the counter. 
Eating directly from the pot and setting on the counter. Heh She looks so childish right now. 
 
Ugh why am i setting here watching her anyway? I have tons of things to finish. 
I stood up and went to the stairs without making any sound. 
I turned back to take a last look. 
She's so busy with her food that she didn't notice my presence .
Then i continued my way up.