Chapter 27: DRUNK!!

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

Hello my dear dear subbies ;) I'm sorry i left you guys at a cliff-hanger for a really really long time. It just that a had a matter that got me through some deep but now i'm okay ;) better than okay actually and i'll try hard to update ASAP . No promises though ;P Ahh and thank you guys for subscribing and commenting ;)♡ i appreciate it 
____
 
 
 
"That car is speeding really what's with the hurry" You muttered looking outside at the the other side of the street. 
"Hm it crossed the red light from the ... YAAAAH WATCH OUT" 
Luhan immediately stepped on the break. 
 
And a loud crushing sound was heard. 
 
 
Luhan extended his arm to prevent you from hitting your head."Oh god are you okay ?"  
"Uh I- think so but... What happened ?" You turned to look at him. He seemed out of it as well. 
"Just stay in the car" Luhan said unbuckling his seat belt and getting off the car to see what happened. His car went to the side way when he stepped on the break and luckily it didn't hit anything but there was a crashing sound alright. 
It was a car accident and people started gathering around the scene. He went to see some guys trying to pull the victims from the two cars. He hurriedly went to help. 
"CALL 911 HURRY" One man shot to the people around. 
 
Soon enough the police and ambulance sounds were heard. You couldn't bare it anymore so you got out of the car and went to check the accident scene. 
You gasped loudly and covered your mouth from what you saw. 
A pregnant women was lying down covered with blood. You can hear her screams loudly. Luhan and another citizen helped the injured husband to the ambulance
"No leave me take care of my- my wife .. She's having a baby" He barely grumbled. "Don't worry they got her" Luhan tried to calm him.
The paramedics took care of the wife. And the two ambulances took off. 
 
You stood there with the rest of the people in shock from what you just saw. 
Luhan noticed you among the crowd and rubbed his temple. *She just don't listen* but he didn't have time to think about it now cuz the police called him and some other guys who witnessed the accident.
 
After explaining everything the cop asked one last important question. "Where is the guy that was driving the other car?" 
Luhan eyes traveled to the crashing cars again. True he didn't see who was driving the other car. 
"Oh i saw him running off. He must've been in panic" One citizen answered. 
"Why would he run away ? Wasn't he hurt ?" The cop asked confused. 
"It's dark i'm not pretty sure what i saw but i think he was limping" 
"He probably didn't go far. All units ...." The cop went back to his car and drove in the direction the guy pointed at. 
The other cops stayed around the scene and took care of everything else. 
 
 
Luhan came by your side. You were still solid in your place that you didn't even notice him until he spoke.
"I told you to stay in the car. You just don't listen do you" He hissed. 
"She's..." You started but cut off feeling the lump in your throat. 
Luhan took off his jacket and placed it on your shoulder. He then wrapped his arm around you securely and led you to the car. "Come"
You were obviously pretty shocked from everything that flashed your eyes and that didn't escape his notice.
He opened the door for you and helped you in then he went to the driver seat. 
 
"Let's go home. You're probably very tired-" 
"Ani .. Let's g-go to the hospital" You swallowed looking down. 
"Why the hospital ? Are you hurt any where ?" He panicked a little at the last part. 
"No i'm okay. It's just.." 
"Wha- Yumi you're serious we don't know those people" He said in disbelief. You didn't react to what he said still a little shocked from the whole thing. 
Luhan sighed. "I'll take you there tomorrow morning" 
 
Your sense came back to you as you shook your head. You tugged his sleeve lightly.
"Ani now hmm. I just want to see if they're fine please" You begged whining a little. 
"What- Why do you care ?" Luhan frowned. *Really ! She have a heart !!!*
"I don't know. I saw everything with my own eyes and now i'm just... It just.. Creep the hell outta of me" You swallowed. 
"You're scared ?" Luhan asked softly seeing your lost face. 
"Dead to my bones" You immediately replied not hesitating to show him how much scared you were.
he stayed silent for few seconds amazed by the women before him.
"Fine then. I'll take you there" He whispered. 
 
 
You entered the hospital with Luhan tailing his steps aimlessly. He stopped after looking at the man on the blue waiting seats right next to the ER. His head and left arm were wrapped and from the way he's hardly sitting you can say he hurt his spine.
"See he's completely fine i told you" He whispered back to you. "He's not the one i was worried about" You said then paused before deciding to continue. "His wife was pregnant" Your breath hitched when you saw the doctor coming out of the door with a disappointed look on his face. He came out fast that's not good. 
 
The poor injured husband managed to get up and face the doctor. Anxious and worried to hear what he'll say. 
"My wife !! How is she ? Is she okay ? Can i see her?" He said without inhaling. 
 
You tugged Luhan shirt unconsciously as you observed the whole scene. 
 
"Congratulation it's a baby girl" The doctor said weakly something was way off with his voice which worried the poor husband even more. 
"I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DAMN BABY. CAN'T YOU JUST TELL HOW MY WIFE IS DOING ?" He started making a scene capturing everyone attention. 
 
Luhan sensed what's coming so he took your hand and tried to get you out. "Let's just go Yumi" You yanked his arm and gazed patiently at the doctor who refused to speak when the attention was on him. 
 
Seeing how the doctor was quiet the husband lost it and started bowling and begging. "Doctor pleaseee. She's all i have i'm begging you please save my wife" 
"Her skull was damaged. She broke her hip and the delivery of the baby was just too much for her to handle..." He stopped for a sec then continued. "We couldn't save both of them.. I'm sorry for your lost" 
 
Here the man crashed down on the floor. He lost his common sense and started laughing like a maniac while tearing at the same time. What shock can do to a person. 
 
You gasped after hearing the news but didn't move at all much to Luhan worry. 
 
"You're telling me that my wife is dead ! And you want me to believe that. Nonsense YOU BASTARD YOU CALL YOURSELF A DOCTOR. MY WIFE IS NOT DEAD SHE'S FINE. TOTALLY FINE SO STOP PLAYING GAMES ON ME AND LET ME SEE HER" He rose from the ground and grabbed the doctor from his collar. Luhan immediately stepped in to hold him back before he take the doctor life with his own hand. 
A nurse came out from the ER holding the little baby in her hand. The man almost bursted at the sight of her. "Here's your child sir" She said wanting to hand him the girl. Clearly she didn't witness the pouring rage surrounding the man at the moment. 
 
"YOU WANT ME TO HOLD THAT THING. THAT THING KILLED MY WIFE !!" He exploded. And no one was there to hold him back from literally hitting 'that thing' but Luhan and the doctor. The sight of the other doctor and nurses coming from the Emergancy Room pushing a body didn't escape his view as well. 
He instantly yelled after them pushing Luhan and the doctor away. "That's my wife that's Jaehee. JAEHEE-AH" He called and ran after them. 
 
 
You stood a couple of feet away watching silently. It all looked so familiar to you. 
 
"She passed away at the delivery but the baby is fine. It's a baby boy" The doctor back then was way calmer and more careless than this one. He said everything like it's a normal thing. 
"What?" Your dad blinked trying to function what the doctor is saying to him while the little you hugged his leg not really knowing what's going on. Your dad smiled ridiculously "Doctor are you kidding me. She was fine i was just talking to her" He said unbelievably his tears threatening to fall. "Now let me see her. I want to make sure she's fine" 
"Didn't your just hear me. She passed away we couldn't save her" Your dad bursted that time just like the man right here. He grabbed the doctor collar and threatened to kill him. He shooed away the nurse that came carrying the baby Yunwo. "YOU WANT ME TO HOLD THAT THING. THAT THING KILLED MY WIFE !!" 
 
How can this happen again. The same misery. 
 
You approached the nurse with heavy steps to look over at the baby. "Wah a pretty girl" You smiled heartily. Luhan came to stand next to you but his eyes followed the crazy man. 
"Indeed she's pretty. Too bad her father doesn't want her" The nurse replied sadly. 
"Don't worry he'll come around. I've seen something similar to this before a parent can never disown his child" You muttered hopefully cuz you weren't certain yourself. Your words caught Luhan attention but he said nothing as he carefully listened trying to refer to it. 
"I really hope so. Because if not and no family member took her we'll have to send her to an orphan house" 
"At this age ? She's a newborn" You blinked. 
"We don't have a choice. Are you perhaps a family member ?" 
You blinked again trying to set your mind straight. 
"No. I just happened to have something to do here and then i witnessed all this mess. Sorry i'll get going" 
The nurse wasn't even aware of Luhan until she noticed him moving to follow you. 
 
He quickened his base to catch up with you and reached for your arm. You stopped for a moment and looked back at him waiting for him to speak. Your thoughts remained impassive. 
"You okay ?" He asked obviously worried but you were too oblivious to notice anything. 
"Did we cause the accident ?" You answered him with another question your mind was far off again. 
"What ?" Luhan barely asked, surprised by your sudden question. 
"If you didn't hit the break and turn at the time. It would have been us who got hit not them. They would have been a perfectly happy family so did we really caused a person to lose his other half and newborn to possibly become an orphan!" You uttered. Your voice gave nothing away it was lost. 
"Of course not Yumi it-" 
"I knew you'd say that" You looked down and tried to make a relieved face. "Come on let's go home" And you stepped ahead of him. Luhan followed behind feeling lost himself. He doesn't know what's gotten into you so suddenly but you looked different. 
 
He went to his side of the car as you stood in yours neither one of you getting in first. You stepped to the side to talk to him. "Can you give me some time ? Please" You plea. 
"Sure" Luhan whispered. He opened the car door then shut it close without getting in. You didn't even notice that he didn't really get in. You started walking not far away you threw yourself in a near bench and bursted into tears. 
You cried out loud not minding your surroundings anymore. 
Like a little kid you started sniffing between your sobs repeating the word. "Omma !" You sniffed and continued crying again. 
Luhan watched from afar. Hesitating either to approach you or not. He had no idea how to act or what to do. 
 
Waiting for good 10 minutes you're still crying in your place and he's still standing in his watching you silently. 
He inhaled a deep breath and marched toward you. Once he was in front of you he took out a napkin. You blinked your -already puffy- eyes at the napkin and slowly looked up tears filling the corner of your eyes.
"I'm sorry i-" Before you even finish he cut you off. "Wanna go for a drink" He whispered his expression were blank.
You blinked your eyes and swallowed. Yes a drink would be really good now to take this off your mind it's exactly what you needed but the words couldn't come out of your mouth. Luhan took it as a yes and dragged you from your hand to the car. 
 
 
Luhan POV 
 
One glass, two glasses, One bottle, Two bottles, Three bottles 
Okay this women has lost it officially. Maybe it was a bad idea after all. 
She's heavily drunk and i'm stuck here with water because i have to drive.
 
"Why do we even live ?" She blabbered swinging her arms left and right. 
 
Uh not again. She can't seem to stop talking and it's driving me insane. 
"I mean we're all meant to die eventually so.. why ha ? why do we care about wealth and beauty?" 
Considering the tragedy she's talking about; she's making it sound pretty amusing. It's actually fun to watch her like this at first but i just wanna go home now
 
"Let's just go" I stood up but she responded by screaming at me. "NOOO I'M NOT EVEN DRUNK LET ME HAVE ANOTHER BOTTLE .. AJUMMAH!! ONE MORE BOTTLE HERE" 
Ugh I'm losing it. All this and she's not drunk ! It's a good thing i brought her to these outside tents if it was a bar the embarrassment will double. 
"Ajumaah Never mind what she says" I called back at the owner before she bring the other bottle. And i had to bow and apologize to the other people that Yumi is annoying. 
"It's late come on" I tried to drag her but she didn't budge. "No you go alone you bastard i'm staying here" 
"YUMI !!" 
"NOO" 
And in another second i don't have a choice but to kneel beside her and force her on my back giving her a piggyback ride. We're making a scene that's not good. Hopefully no one recognize her i mean she's not that famous yet right?
 
After a few struggle on my back she wraps her arm around me. I sigh in relief but before i even breath again she starts singing. Loudly 
Oh god why did i park the car away.
She stops for a second. Oh please just don't talk till we get to the car. Everyone who's passing us is giving us a weird look. Ground just swallow me please. 
 
"You know Mr. Jerk" She starts talking loud again. "I really really disliked you and at some point i think i really hated you so much" 
A drunk confession. Wow
I reach the car and drop her on her feet to open the door and just before i push her inside she continue. "But now that i see it you're not that bad anymore. I don't know if i just misjudged you or you have actually stopped being bad" 
Now she's talking reasonably which -regardless of the content of her words- creeps me out. It's like she's possessed or something. One minute this and the other minute that.
"Are you really drunk?" I ask curiously. Something in her eyes is back to normal i think.
 
She starts giggling creepily and retrieve her loud voice. "Why want me to sing you another song" She squeal and clap. And i was wrong that's definitely drunk talk only. 
Without another thought i push her inside. 
 
In the car she doesn't stop talking at all. She's saying weird stuff i don't even get what she's saying. 
"Why do people die ?" She's shouting the question at me like the matter is in my hand. Uh no she's back on the subject. 
"It's the circle of life" I answer as calm as i can manage pressing my hands firmly on the steering-wheel. My knuckles could never be whiter. 
"And where do they go after that ?" She shouts again. 
"How would I know I didn't die yet!" I yell back. Can that sound any more ridiculous!
"How can you say that so easily. Dying is scary. Its like you have everyone then BAAAM you're suddenly alone. Being dead means being alone" 
There's a deep meaning after her words but seeing how she's crying them out at me i don't really think meaning. I'm thinking about turning on the GPS and asking it to locate the nearest mental hospital. 
 
"Dying is terrifying. I DON'T WANNA DIE" And she start crying loudly. Crying like a child who wants a candy no tears only an annoying sound. Tsk
Oh please shut up i can't focus on the road. I cry in my head. 
This is really a new side of her but frankly i don't want to see it again. Who would think she's anything like this ! 
 
She stops crying so suddenly. I take a quick glance at her and she looks serious which again creeps me out. What now?
"Do you have a paper bag or something ?" She ask out of the blue. 
I widen my eyes alarmed. "What for ?" Oh please don't tell me ..
"I think i'm gonna throw up-Oo" She put her hand on . 
Immediately i pull the car aside the road and park it. I ran out like a maniac and open the car door for this idiot before she ruin my car. 
I pull her out harshly and she throw up on the street. I jump back afraid of getting my shoe stained. Eck how gross. 
 
Still i pull her out of the road next to a tree on the side way. And go back to stand next to the car as she continue .. Throwing up. Aish looking at her i think i'll throw up myself. 
I shake the idea out of my head and turn to check my precious car. 
Ah no harm what a relief. I turn back to look at .. Her and she's still at it. 
I think she let out everything she ate for three days back right now. 
After awhile she came back bouncing to me with a pout. "You're done ?" I ask cautiously stepping back. She nods with closed eyes. 
"You sure ?" 
"My stomach is empty right now i couldn't throw up more even if i wanted too" She get worked up again and march her way to the passenger seat. I had to follow her to make sure she doesn't wonder of to the street then i go back to my seat and start the engine again. 
 
Surprisingly the rest of the ride was quite. At first she was mumbling stuff but now i think she fell asleep. Maybe emptying her stomach made her feel at ease that she was able to sleep. She's probably dead tired as well it was a long long long day for both of us. 
 
 
 
I carry her bridal style out of the car and into the house. It's not my first time carrying her like this but this time it feels kinda different. Weird
 
I kick her room door open and drop her on her bed bringing the cover over her. I take another look at her. Seeing how peaceful she is now who would've believe that this girl was throwing a fit just a minute ago. 
I sigh and go out closing the door behind me. 
 
I go to my room. Pull a set of Pajama's and go to wash up. As mush as i'm resisting the urge of just collapsing on my bed i have to wash up clean first. 
 
I come out like half an our later and just as i make a step forward i jerk back to the wall immediately at the creature lying on my bed. I blink again.
"Yah .. What are you ?" I ask but Miss creepy like ghost do not respond as she keep flipping in the bed. 
I take a careful step toward the bed. And another careful step just to make sure she's not a ghost. I mean at this hour and her drunk state you won't really blame me. 
 
As soon as i make sure it's her i burst. "YAAAH .. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU CREEPED THE HELL OUTTA OF ME !!" 
She sets up slowly. She's awake and hell don't tell me she's still drunk. 
"What? i'm too scared to sleep alone" She pouts and look down. But something in her tone give her away YUP still drunk. 
"You're still drunk" I sigh. "If you can't handle alcohol you should've said so. I'm never letting you drink ever again" 
"Nooooooo you can't do that i'm not drunk not even one bit" There she is with the drunk attitude. 
"Uh never mind that and tell me. Weren't you asleep what woke you up?" I ask irritated. 
"Sleep?" She giggles. "I was never asleep. I just wanted you to carry me" She giggle again. 
Okay people might find that cute but i find it scary. 
 
"You Uh.. You know what just sleep. I don't wanna argue with a drunk person" i turn around to turn the light off but i don't hear any complain so i stop and look at her. 
I see her scratching her neck. What now ?
"Wha-"
"Aaaaaah this shirt smell" She say talking to herself then she grab the hem of it obviously intending to take it off. 
"YAH STOP DON'T YOU DARE TAKE IT OFF" I yell at her but you can't really blame me. Even if she's drunk this is too much. 
She looks at me with rounded eyes like i said something wrong.
 
"Ehh this fella why would i keep a dirty shirt on" She murmur to herself as she FREAKING take the damn shirt off. Then she lie down to sleep. 
My eyes fly wide open.
 
What the !!!!!!!!!!!!! 
 
Oh where am i looking ! I immediately turn around feeling flustered. 
 
I - She just- and i- Oh god my mind can't function anymore. This women has lost it. 
I clear my throat.
 
Man up Luhan.
 
I go straight to my wardrobe without glancing back at her direction. I take out a black T-shirt and go to her side. 
All calm- for now. 
"Stand up" I say looking anywhere but her. She doesn't respond yeah right now you'll tell me she's asleep. 
I pull her hand forcefully to make her stand on her feet but she struggle.
"What i'm tired let me sleep" She said her words muffle then she yawn. While me i'm focusing on her face awkwardly to make sure my own eyes don't betray me. I think my muscle froze. 
 
Oh what am i doing let's just get this over with. 
 
I help her with the shirt. My hands touching some places i'm not sure i want to touch. 
After i make sure the hem fall to at least the middle of her thigh. I start to help her with the pants. And this part is slightly harder cuz i think she just collapsed on my shoulder. Ugh 
How do i do this?
I make her lie on the bed. God she really collapsed this time. Keeping my mind straight i pull the cover over her and insert my hand under it to pull down her pants. 
Ehk it reeks of alcohol. She was right how can anyone sleep in these. 
I toss them aside and look at her sleepy figure.
 
Looks like i'll finally get some sleep.
 
I go and turn off the light then i hop in my side of the bed. 
Ahh finally. 
I turn to face the crazy women and a smile threaten to play on my lips i guess. After what've i suffered Who would've known ..Kang Yumi!
 
With that thought i think i drifted to sleep.