Chapter 33: You'll fall for me

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

You snapped your eyes open in realization and pushed Luhan away as forcefully as possible.

Oh my I let him kiss me why did I let him do it again!!, your mind freaked.

“W-w-what was that for? You said the confession was an act” You blinked, backing off in defense.

“It was” He grinned playfully. “But I did say the kiss was real”

“How can you kiss someone you don’t like?!” Your eyes were wide open in alarm. Holl I was a played, you thought.

“My my I never said I don’t like you”

“Then you like me?” You asked.

“I never said that too”

“Yes you did” You pressed on. “Back inside”

“That was acting” He sighed in frustration. You narrowed your eyes.

“Then you shouldn’t have kissed me! Twice!!”

“You made me do it” He replied calmly, but it didn’t cover the humor in his eyes.

You gaped at him. “No I didn’t you freak, and I’m not really fond of being your lab experience either”

“Calling my first kiss a lab experience is kinda mean. That’s not something nice people would do” He was acting cute and he was enjoying it. You even had to hold back a smile, so you just rolled your eyes and looked away.

After a minute of silence he spoke again.

“You hate it that much” He was looking down. his voice was a whisper. You felt kinda of guilty and you scooted right beside him.

“It’s not that, but your first kiss should be with someone you mutually like” You said sincere.

“That’s crap” He shrugged.

“You have no ounce of romance in you” You folded your arms.

He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and you jumped at his touch. But he continued like it’s the most normal thing to do, you frowned at him.

“You see, that kiss up all the romance I have in me” He said looking straight forward.

“That’s why it was dull and bad. Like kissing a shell fish” You snapped back.

“Objection” He stopped suddenly, obviously shocked at you. You couldn’t hold back your laugh he was talking more and more like you.

“No objection is allowed here”

“I demand we redo it”

“Luhan!” You were still half laughing; it was a whole other side of him that you never saw.

“What?” He was smiling. “And don’t call my name if you don’t want to be kissed again”

“Huh?”

 

“You’ve never called me by my name ever before. Lufan, Lunan, Lu-jerk, brat-han but never once you said it correctly”

“Really!” You blinked, It seemed unlikely in your head but he seemed like he was telling the truth.

“That was a huge part of the reason of why I kissed you”

“Really!” You said amazed now. “Just because of that. What’s the big deal about it. Luhan Luhan Luhan. I can say it for a-“ The look in his eyes stopped you. You shrugged his arm and backed off covering your mouth.

He bursted in laughter at your sudden action. Your cheeks turned deepest shade of red.

 

“What you thought I’d kiss you just because you said it. I was just kidding you know I won’t do it just because you say my name relax”

You bit your lip your eyes wide then you covered your face embarrassed.

“Come over here. Why are you standing far away” He ushered for you to come still somewhat laughing you shook your head, still covering your face.

“Yumi” He called.

“Nooo, and I’m not calling your stupid name ever again” You stomped your feet and headed straight forward.

In a second he was right behind you holding your hand to stop you.

“Hey now. Don’t say that, I won’t laugh at you now I promise” He looked at you trying his best to show a blank face.

Just as you turned to him he started laughing again. You huffed your cheeks and started walking again.

He stopped you again by wrapping his arm around your waist this time. “I’m sorry I couldn’t help it, you were too cute” He said with a hint of humor in his voice. You turned in his arm to face him “Cute? did you just call me cute. Ooh what happened Mr. Lu I didn’t know you were fond of me to call me that” You teased. Luhan mentally shook his head, wasn’t she embarrassed just a second ago.

“You’re way too easy” He murmured. “Yes I said cute anything wrong with being fond of my wife and no it’s not a confession I’m just joining your ‘nice people’ committee. Happy?” He squinted his eyes.

“Suspicious” You replied giving him the same expression. Arms still around your waist he leaned and placed his cheek on your shoulder his lips centimeter away from your neck. You stayed paralyzed in your place with eyes wide open.

“If I didn’t confess I can never get rejected” He started. “And I’m never confessing until I’m sure you’re feeling the same way. I’m gonna make you fall for me Kang Yumi”

You backed away from him breaking his grip around you. You cleared your throat and pretended like you were looking around in an attempt to change the atmosphere. “W-where did you park the car? We’ve been walking for quite awhile now and I still can’t see it”

Luhan grinned seeing the effect he had on you, you looked really nervous.

“Oh the car? We passed it a long time ago” He said innocently.

You gaped at him.

He smiled and reached for your hand. “Come on” He turned his heel and started walking back.

You looked at the back of his head then at your locked hands and swallowed. He was holding way too tight as in to tell you ‘don’t even dream of letting go’

 

 

Ariyoung waved her hand but no taxis passed her so far. She stomped her heel in frustration her purse fell and her items scattered on the floor.

“This day just keep getting better and better” She hissed under her breath.

She didn’t even care enough to gather her stuff fast, the street was practically empty and there was nothing really worth stealing.

A car stopped next to her but she didn’t even raise her head to see who’s driving. Johan was by her side in a second helping her gather her stuff.

Of course it’s him, Ariyoung thought but did nothing to look at him. She even stopped collecting her stuff and just let him do the work.

“Why are you acting depressed, It’s so unlike you Ariyoung” He smiled as he handed her her purse. She looked at him at that instant. “I thought you left” She said her voice barely a whisper.

“I was waiting for you by the car, how can you assume that I just left without checking. I’m disappointed Song Ariyoung you’d think I’d ditch you here” His tone was playful but Ariyoung was in no mode to smile.

“Plus I don’t even dare to do that to the great Song Ariyoung, you’d beat the crap out of me if I did”

Ariyoung clenched her fist and stood straight, “You were really pissed just a minute ago why are you acting like the world is at peace again”

He was taken aback by her words but said nothing in response.

“Yumi told me everything” She continued her eyes fell to the floor not knowing where to look.

 “Oh” He let out. “Let me take you home we can talk on the way” He opened the car door. Ariyoung seemed hesitant but obliged.

 

After half the drive still neither of them knew how to initiate the conversation. The silence was awkward which was a first because it was never is between these two.

After another 5 minutes Johan finally talked.

“Don’t be mad at her, it’s all on that bastard she was forced to do the whole thing and was also forced to keep quite, I only knew bcuz my father works at the same corporation” He then begun explaining the whole freaky twisted situation and Ariyoung felt her guilt pile.

“, and i was so harsh on her that idiot” She said when Johan stopped talking. “She should have told me at least, she was going through all this alone”

“Even worse I think she’s fond of that family, she's completely oblivious to the fact that they’re using her” His grip tightened on the steering wheel. “I sill can’t believe that bastard kissed her, he’s trying to confuse her even more”

“You like her don’t you?” The words slipped from before she can stop them, this was not the time for that kind of talk.

“Huh?” immediately came from his mouth. He shook his head trying to process. “Ari are you kidding me, she’s my frien-“

“Don’t feed me that crap you sound more like a jealous guy rather than a concerned friend” She retorted. He stayed quite blinking his eyes not knowing where did this come from. 

“See you didn’t even say no”

He let out a deep breath, inhaling and exhaling one more time. “Ariyoung, I don’t like Yumi in the way you think I do”

“You're sure of that?”

“YES” He pressed on.

“Good then you better start looking at me” She said out of the blue which made Johan startled for a second. “Yumi was right this is not something you can hold back easily”

“What are you talking abou-“

“I like you Choi Johan” She blurted and the shock that registered in his face made her wish she didn’t.

“Wha….”

“That’s my house, stop the car you idiot do you wanna hit the house”

The car jolted to a stop but Johan wasn’t yet able to snap out of what he heard. And before he could stop her she was gone, he hoped out of his car but she was standing at her house door already.

“Wait Ari” He called.

“Thank you for the ride see you later” and she was gone behind the doors.

 

 

“Oh my God FINALLLYYY home” You pushed the door open and took off your heels immediately. Luhan followed behind turning on the lights.

You collapsed on the couch.

“My feet are killing me” You groaned kicking the couch.

Luahn sat at the end of the couch next to your feet. “And why is that?”

“You’re kidding me! It’s because your stupid made me walk aimlessly for a freaking long time till you remembered where your stupid car was parked. You did it on purpose didn’t you?”

Luhan held back his laugh. “So what now you want me to massage it or something?”

You immediately plopped your feet on his lap. “I won’t say no to a massage,  but I gotta warn you they kinda stinck” Luhan grinned patting your feet like he is patting a fluffy animal.

“I know what you’re doing” He started. You looked at him with a slight frown. “You want me to think ‘She’s gross what the hell do I see in her?’ but don’t you worry I already think like that without you trying to disgust and disturb me” He smirked before continuing “what the hell do I see in you”

“You’re absolutely right there is nothing to see me, so you should take your words back I completely understand” You nodded eagerly, hearing him say he’ll make you fall for him earlier freaked you out.

 

I don’t want to fall for you Luhan I’m already trying my best not too, you thought.

 

“Well you see it’s kinda hard to stop looking especially right now” He said playfully. “Seriously how can you lay down here carelessly when you’re wearing that short short dress” He scoffed.

You jumped on your feet instantly, brushing your dress and pulling it down. You cheeks were red.

“You ert” You hissed but didn’t turn to him.

“Getting on that topic didn’t I always warn you about wearing short cloths”

“What are you talking about you’re the one who picked up this dres-“ You were turning around pointing at the dress but you stopped seeing the smirk across his face.

“Oh” You let out. He remember the dress!

“Now that you mention it I do remember picking up this dress for a party in the past, but I also remember you showing up in other dress that you said Johan picked up for you and you were quite happy with it”

You smiled sheepishly. “You have a very good memory Mr. Lu”

He raised a brow at you. You sighed in defeat and begun explaining.

“Well I’ve never really said I didn’t like this dress, but you see blue didn’t really fit for the event we went to back then so I bought the other one and I bought this anyway bcuz… well you picked it up” You concluded. And I wouldn’t really say no for an extra dress, you thought.

“You like it?” His voice was kinda of hopeful.

“If I didn’t I wouldn’t have bought it, I wouldn’t have wore it” You did a double take on the dress. “It’s cute” You continued.

He smiled. “And you look pretty wearing it”

His comment made you flush looking at you hand. It was the first direct compliment you’ve ever got from him.

“Oh oh see that” He pointed at you. “You’re already falling for me”

“W-w-what n-no. NO” You tried to sound firm but you were stuttering. He was still grinning.

“Eish forget it I’m going to sleep”

“Good night” He called from behind you the smile still plastered on his face. She's definitly going to fall in love with me.