Chapter 31: Yunwo

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

“Who are you texting?” Luhan asked putting his hands firmly on the steering wheel.

“Yunwo” You said buckling your seat belt. “Just wishing him a happy birthday”

Luhan grinned.

“Don’t even think it’s because of you. I always text him happy birthday”

“Via text really?” He raised a brow.

“I kinda tend to avoid the house on this day” You scratched your head. Luhan decided to not argue anymore about it so he let it go.

“You know he’s in school right”

“I know. He’ll read it later”

 

“So… Do you know what you’ll get him I already prepared mine” Luhan said feeling excited.

“You’re getting him something?” You turned to him. He is giving him something! you repeated in your head.

“Umm duh”

You felt guilty but tried to shrug it off.

 

You kept staring at him for a while. “What?” He said finally feeling flustered.

“You know you’ll make a wonderful father one day” You smiled. He blushed, deep shade of red. You giggled again.

“No seriously you’re so deep sometimes it’s like you secretly sneak parenting books and read them late at night” You mocked. Luhan face fell

“Shut up you ruined the moment”

 

 

 

Yunwo came home, threw his back bag on the floor and headed up to his room. He opened the door and stood their dumfounded.

There were 3 wrapped present boxes on his bed. A huge grin started to form on his face and he started jumping.

He ran to open the first one and the one next to it and reached for the third one. His laugh was uncontrollable as he saw what is in front of him.

He started bouncing again around the room doing a happy dance.

After a good solid 5 minutes of dancing he ran outside the room. Hopping down the stairs he stoped in the middle seeing you and Luhan setting around the living room table with a box on it.

His brow crossed for a minute. “You weren’t here when I came in” He pointed.

“We were, but for some reason you decided to just pass us like we didn’t exist” Luhan grinned. Yunwo came running to him and hugged with all his might.

“Thank you thank you thank you” He kept repeating. Luhan patted his head and looked at you.

You were looking down at Yunwo with squinted eyes.

“Slow down there” Luhan bent down beside him. “You’re that happy?”

Yunwo eagrly nodded. “I guess you saw the gifts then. Happy birthday Yunwo”

You stood there like a piece of the furniture behind. Lika a lamp in the corner. Observing in silence.

“Heeeeey” You finally spoke, protesting. “Don’t I get some love too” You pouted.

Yunwo frowned at you then looked back at Luhan. “You see” He started explaining. “The phone was from me obviously. The Wii was from my my mom she wishes you a happy birthday by the way” Yunwo nodded not understanding why Luhan mother will give him anything but still nodded. “And the third gift the Play Station 4 was from your sister”

Yunwo immediately turned up to you. “You gave me something?”

You nodded.

“Why?” He asked acting seriously clueless. 

“Why won’t I? Its your birthday” You smiled at him.

He stood there looking at you still suspicious. You pulled him for a hug because it was getting awkward.

“Happy birthday” You said as cheerfully as you managed. “You know I love you right” You squeezed him.

 

“Okay okay enough love” He pulled away and tapped the big box on the table.

“What is this?” He said bouncing again.

“How can you call it a birthday without a cake?” Luhan chimed opening the box.

You lighted up the candles. Yunwo eyes were sparkling.

“Come on now make a wish” You clapped.

Yunwo didn’t seem like he thought of something he just blew the candles.

“Now cake cake cake” He jumped again.

 

 

Setting on the couch the three of you watching cartoon and eating cakes. Things did not look more peaceful.

“So did anyone wished you a happy birthday today?” You asked when the cartoon ended.

“Ariyoung noona and … umm Johan hyung” Yunwo answered as he finished his cake.

“Oh did he give you something this year?” You asked catching Luhan's interest.

“Yeah his gift arrived first thing in the morning. It was a cool remote control helicopter” He said getting excited as he was talking.

“Cool. What about your friends?” You causally continued. Yunwo sudden enthusiasm disappeared noticeably.

“H-hey do you want anything to drink?” Luahn stuttered trying to change the subject. But Yunwo seemed like he wanted to talk.

 

“I don’t have any friends” He answered with a low voice.

 

“WHAT! You don’t have any friends how can that be! A cool kid like you that’s impossible are you kidding me?” You started laughing at the end like it was something ridiculous but Yunwo was still looking down with tears in his eye now.

“Yunwo” You muttered looking down at him then up to Luhan not knowing what to do.

Luhan patted his head while you tried to talk to him. “How come you don’t have friends?” You asked weakly, remembering the conversation from earlier with Luhan. I don’t even know that my brother is friendless; I’m the worst older sister in the world.

“I’m sorry” He bursted in tears. “I’m sorry… I killed her but… I I swear I didn’t mean too I I I’m sorry” He wasn’t even crying he was whaling. His words were barely out and he kept gasping for air.

You gasped covering your mouth with your eyes wide open. Luahn eyes were popping out as well.

‘Killed her’ How can such strong words come from such a little mouth. He can’t possibly mean… He can’t possibly believe…

Your mind was a mess, in confusion on what to understand and how to react. Like something heavy fell on it that it can’t function properly anymore.

Luhan was faster to react. “Yunwo darling where did you get such an absurd thought?” His words were calm and gentle.

“Jo- Jeonglee says he heard his mother say that m-mom died b-because I was born” The way he was forcing the words out of his mouth made your heart ache. Still you couldn’t talk like your tongue was tied.

“He told everyone that’s why they all h-hate me they don’t want to be my f-friends”

He was holding the hem of his shirt tightly. Luhan hands covered his as he looked at him with a bit of a frown. “Those losers. Spreading false rumors around is a bad thing. Why didn’t you tell me befo-“

“Don’t lie to me I know it’s true” Yunwo yelled. “That’s why everyone hate me. That’s why noona hates me” Tears kept streaming as he turned to you looking up with his small eyes. Realization seemed to hit you pretty hard as you looked down, your face turning blank now.

“Noona-a I-I-I didn’t do anything.  I sweal I’m s-solly”  His cries got muffled by his tears now.

“When you know you didn’t do anything why’re you crying? How shameful Kang Yunwo real mens don’t cry” Your voice came out stern and direct. You didn’t even know how you managed to speak but your mouth was moving.

Luhan looked over at you and gave you a brief nod in encouragement.

 

Yunwo was trying to wipe his tears but it was a useless effort as his tears kept rolling.

“Mom passed away when you were born that’s true but it was never because of you. It was fate that took her away from us not you” You scolded.

“F-fate? What is fate?” He asked innocently as the thing seemed to capture his attention but the crying continued regardless.

“Umm fate is something beyond our control, it’s destined to happen whether you like it or not. You didn’t mean for this to happen so it’s fate”

Yunwo seemed to calm down as he looked like he is deep in thought. “So is fate a bad t-hing?” He is still gasping for air from all that crying.

His question left you speechless. Was their really an answer to a question like that? Is fate a good thing? Is it bad if it’s not good? Do I even believe in fate?

I guess I kinda do but ….

“I think it depends. Sometimes it can be good sometimes it’s just out of control”

Luhan looked at you in awe as you continued to talk to Yunwo. Like he is watching a complete different person. A smile formed on his lips but this time he couldn’t cover it, he couldn’t ignore it, and he couldn’t deny it anymore.

He knew exactly how he felt. He kind of always knew but didn’t want to admit it to himself. But now it’s gotten to a point that he can’t ignore his feelings anymore.

For me to meet, marry and love this girl. If it’s not fate then I don’t know what it is

He snapped out of his thoughts before he can dwell any further on what he confessed in his head, when he realized the figure standing next to the door. How long was he standing there?

“Yumi” Luhan whispered and gave a little nod.

You turned to look at where he was gazing and you saw him standing there. “Daddy” You whispered with concern.

It never even crossed your mind how will your dad act if he heard his young son crying in his birthday saying he killed his mother. You didn’t even want to think about how he felt every year on this same day. Of course you loved your mother but it’s no comparison to your father, he lost the love of his life on this very same day. Like this day wasn’t painful enough for him he had to witness this conversation as well.

“I’m home” He said somewhat cheerfully like nothing happened, like he didn’t hear anything. At least that’s what you thought until you heard his next words. “It’s not really pleasant to come home to such a scene of  you crying over a ridiculous matter nimrod. It’s your birthday cheer up” He came and sat light on the table in front of the couch that was facing you two, with a somewhat big blue box wrapped up nicely. “I brought you a gift, Happy birthday” Your dad smiled and handed Yunwo the box. Just like the kid he is he got happy over the gift and a smile crept to his face that reached all the way to his teary eyes. Yunwo had a lovely eye smile.

He started shaking the box to know what’s inside almost seeming to forget everything he said.

“And regarding the whole conversation that I just happened to hear, Yunwo didn’t I always tell you that your mother loves you” Despite his words he was scolding Yunwo but it seemed that the scolding was meant for the two of you.

Yunwo face fell immediately his smile disappeared.

“Imagine how sad she will if she happened to hear you. Try to be considerate my boy and remember if you believe that you did nothing wrong then it’s not your fault how things turn badly. We’re only responsible for our actions we can’t control how things turn out”

Yunwo seemed to think a little before he nodded. “I’m sorry” He whispered.

Your dad bent down and ruffled his hair. “Now come on. Let’s go celebrate your birthday somewhere fancy. You pick the place”

“Really!” Yunwo smile widened and he wiped his teary eyes. “Noona and hyung too” He pointed.

“Of course. We’re tagging along even if you didn’t want us” You linked your arms with Luhan hinting that ‘we’re’

“ASSA” Yunwo jumped. Your dad smiled again.

“Come on go and wait me in the car. I’ll just change” He said.

“Okay” Yunwo bounced his way out. You and Luhan followed him with your arms still linked, and Luhan seemed the only one who’s over reading into it.

“Uh I left my phone inside” You snapped once you were completely outside.

“I’ll get it” Luhan immediately responded and pulled his arm free running back inside. His heart was bounding really hard that he could hear it without placing his hand. He took a deep breath. “I’m losing my mind” He let out.

He went on searching for the phone when he heard a muffled cry coming from upstairs. He stood still for a second then a sympathetic smile crossed his face.

“With that firm ulterior I thought he was okay. Looks like no parent can bare watching their kid cry”

Being a parent requires a lot of efforts and that man has done it all alone and to think I thought too little of him! I can’t even imagine what he is feeling right now or the things that he had to endure.

I can never do it if I was in his shoe. But then again I don’t have too I have Yumi.

Yes and I’ll make sure I have her for a very long time.

 

 

“You had fun?” Luhan asked as he got out of the car. “Umm Yunwo looked like he was going to explode with happiness so that was enough” You smiled walking next to him to the door. “It was really fun getting to hang with my family as well, it feels like it’s been a long time” You smiled.

Luhan nodded unlocking the door and entering the dark house. Before turning on the light he asked a last question. “Yeah but…. Are you okay?”

You rubbed your eyes and then lifted your head but you couldn’t see him in the dark and you were grateful that he couldn’t see your expression either.

I FEEL SICK. I FEEL RESPONSIBLE. I FEEL LIKE A BAD SISTER. I FEEL LIKE I’M THE ONE TO BLAME. HOW CAN I NOT SEE WHAT HE WAS GOING THROUGH? HOW CAN I BE IGNORANT ON HOW MY ACTIONS REFLECT ON HIM AS HIS OLDER SISTER. HE’S ONLY 9 BUT I ALWAYS TREATED HIM LIKE HE’S OLDER THAN THAT. IF MY MOM WERE HERE THINGS WOULD’VE BEEN DIFFERENT. IF MOM WERE HERE LIFE WOULD BE MUCH EASIER FOR ALL OF US. IF MOM WERE HERE…...............................          I WISH MOM WERE HERE.

You wanted to scream those words out but you felt it’s unfair to load your on someone else’s.

“Why wouldn’t I be? Why wouldn’t I be?” You repeated and hurriedly made your way in the dark before he turns on the light and see your messed up face.

Luhan sighed. Of course she’s not okay.

 

Luhan POV

I went upstairs standing next to her door. I don’t hear anything. I hesitated on whether I should knock or not. I probably shouldn’t.

I retracted back to my room and closed the door behind me.

I took a shower turned off the lights and tucked myself under the sheets.

I’m so freaking tired but I can’t seem to sleep.

I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep.

After flipping right and left for about half an hour I hear the door slightly open and slightly close.

It’s really dark I can’t see her face.

I don’t hear any movement for 5 minutes so I’m only guessing she’s standing still.

After waiting for another minute I break the silence. “You couldn’t sleep?”

I don’t hear a response but I’m only assuming she nodded. “Come over here”

Without a delay I feel the bed move from her weight I don’t even think as I grab her wrist and pull her over to me making her head fall on my chest. She doesn’t protest to my surprise and because of that I go a littler further as I play with her hair.

I feel her gripping my shirt tightly. “For tonight just let it all out…. I’ll be right here”

Just as I whisper those words I hear her whimper. She must’ve been holding herself back.

“You’ll feel better in the morning. I promise” I whisper again. I don’t know how long we stayed like this till we both fell asleep.

 

--------

 

“Oppa!” Yenny jumped to hug him but he was too wary to hug back.

“What are you doing what if someone sees us” He pushed her away.

“Like who?” She whined. “How many times do I have to tell you, NOBODY’S watching us. We’re not some kind of celebrities for people to be concerned about us. Stop being so self-conscious” She scolded.

“Yes I know that baby I swear but…. Your brother is one of my best friends if he knew about us he’ll strangle me”

“He will never know. Come on now stop worrying. Who’s more important to you? Me or my brother?”

“Hey now don’t make me choose” He tugged on her sleeve playfully pulling her a little closer.

“Okay then let me rephrase it. Am I important to you?” Yenny blinked her rounded eyes.

“You can’t be possibly asking me that” He grinned leaning close enough to peck her lips.

“Then stop wasting the time we have together worrying hmm” She blinked at him.

He sighed. “You’re right. I’m sorry” He said leaning in again kissing her for real this time.

 

 

_______________________________

This chapter was hard to write, i'm glad i got it done /Heavy sigh/

And can you guess the guy Yenny's dating?? /Playful grin/

Thank you guys for subscribing and supporting this fic <3