Chapter 21: A matter of a dress

My Husband Name Is Lu What ?

 

 


"Mr. Lu i appreciate your efforts on trying to make this work but it just won't work" Mr. Choi again successfully annoyed the head chairman. 
 
Mr. Lu rubbed between his eyes calming himself. Having to take words like that from the guy who used to be a friend became unbearable o him. 
Specially when it is Mr. Choi who insists on pushing Luhan away from the company just for his son have it. 
Even though Mr. Lu was the chairman of this company with the right to hand it to whomever he want. Still Mr. Choi was the second biggest shareholder and he have the majority stocks of the company so his opinion affect a lot. 
He need to be convinced that Luhan is capable on running the place but he already shut his ear from any words about that.
He want his own son to take over thinking that he'll be a Better fit. Unfortunately if he convinced some of the share holders Luhan family might loose everything. 
 
"I'm not retiring anytime soon but i need to pick the vise president fast. The vise president will take over this company after me and i'm very sure that my son deserve it" Mr. Lu explained his point. Once again Mr.Choi tried to step in. 
"With all the respect sir but your son is only a teenager" The other shareholders and the membership authority nod along. 
"That's the point. For a teenager he showed how much capable and trustworthy he is" Mr. Lu replied proudly. The old men nodded again agreeing. 
 
"Still he's young and immature. Beside his study will get in the way for him to become the vise president" 
"He's studying business to develop his skills furthermore. I can't tell him to drop school just because he have a safe position in the company" 
"That's why sir we can't let an already busy kid in a high position like that" Mr. Choi tone rised a little.
"I'm still the president Mr. Choi so show a little respect" Mr. Lu banged the table getting so furious. 
 
He's the president alright but if all the shareholders ganged up on him he will loose the company and thanks to the demon Mr. Choi that doesn't look far away from happening now. 
"I'm sorry sir" Mr. Choi immediately lowered his head. "I was just trying to be reasonable. See My son Jo-" 
"My son Luhan holds responsibilities very well. He have a stable life. He's happily married. He's studying to expand his knowledge and he's already running and handling some business for me perfectly. While your son Mr. Choi hang out from a bar to another doing absolutely no good for us as a respectful company considering he's only an employee and what? You want to make him the vise president ?" 
Despite how reasonable Mr. Lu sounded The shareholders still favor toward Mr. Choi who have his way with them with some dirty cash. 
Mr. Choi coughed clearing his throat. "Sir. Those rumors are one hundred percent not true i can assure you that" 
"Excuse me sir" One of the shareholders raised his hand. 
Mr. Lu rubbed his temple ignoring Mr. Choi. "Yes Mr. Park" 
"Did you just say that your son is married !! He doesn't look like-" 
"He's able to start a family by his own ?" Mr. Lu completed for him getting more angry. 
"Heh You can't judge a book from it's cover Mr. Park. I think i am proving how responsible my son is"
All the shareholders looked oddly at each other then at Mr. Choi who was left with nothing to say.
"Very well" Mr. Lu sighed. "Let's end the meeting here I guess i'll see you all at the annual party this evening"  
 
 
 
Yumi POV
 
"Where are you going ?" Luhan asked me frowning when he saw me putting some light make up on. "Out" I replied carelessly. 
"Out with whom ?" He asked again taking some steps to stand behind me. I looked at his reflection in the mirror. 
"Just with my friends" I answered then i closed everything and straightened up. I held my purse and was about to make my way to the door when Luhan blocked my way.
 
"No you're not" He said sternly. 
 
"What?" I scowled at him. 
"I didn't marry you so that you can go and come whenever you want" Luhan pressed on. Something in his words fired me up a little.
"Yeah you married me for some business stuff that i frankly don't understand and you threatened me that you'll fire my dad if i didn't AND you keep using that threat everytime i do something you don't like But i don't think going out with my friends is a crime specially when we agreed to NOT interfere with each other personal life" I said grumpily glaring at him. Wow it's amazing how i forgot all that in the past few days when he tried to be nice. But once his word reminded me and i opened my mouth it all came out flooding into his face. 
But like he couldn't care less he said. "You could've cut it shorter" And rolled his eyes.
 
I'm starting to doubt that he suffer a character split like seriously. A person can't be nice and caring a day then be a pure evil the next day.
"Plus i said you're not going and it's final. Dad say we have an important party to attend this evening, we can't miss it" 
"So it's this evening. I'll be back before then no big deal" I answered calmly. 
"Yeah well it's a huge party a lot of people well attend so you have to look decent" He eyed me from head to toe with a weird look. Okay what is that suppose to mean ? I'm not decent enough !
 
"And what is that suppose to mean ?" I raised a brow. Seriously it's getting personal now. 
"Do you have a dress to wear ?" He questioned. Before i even answer he continued. "Something really good and new" He emphasized both words. Bleh
"No" I looked away. Though i can ask my designer to lend me one but i'm pretty sure she'll interrogate me before ahead for all the small details. What ? Why ? When ? Where ? And because. So pass. 
"Thought so" Luhan smiled annoyingly. "That's why we'll go shopping" He pointed getting it all up. "So cancel with your friends right now" 
WE are going to buy ME  a dress. You gotta be kidding me !
 
"But .." I started tapping my chin. "If i'm already going out with my friends why don't i go and pick the dress. Do you really have to tag alone ?" Okay that sounded mean coming from me usually that's his job. But i'm serious i already agreed to go out with Johan oppa and Ariyoung i can't turn them down now. 
"Well .. You don't have any money ?" He tried to keep up. I immediately extended my hand.
"Good that you know that i can't afford an expensive new dress" I closed my palm and opened it. Okay now i'm being rude asking for money like that. 
 
"Yeah sure You're saving up to buy me a new phone instead of the one you broke" He murmured with himself as he reached for his pocket getting out his wallet. 
"What??" I half yelled. "You still remember that ! But i thought.. You have a new phone already why should i buy you a phone?" I said blinking rapidly and looking at him. I can't afford a new phone plus he already have one. Come on ha
 
"Oh this phone. No i'm using it temporarily till you buy me a new one becuase you were the one who broke it" He nod. I blinked again making a sad face. He got out his credit card and looked at me.
"Ugh" I growled audibly.
" Fine Just give me the credit card for the dress now we'll discuss the phone later" I sighed in defeat. 
He glanced at credit card in his hand. Oh come on just give it to me.
"You sure you'll pick something good?" He raised his brow and moved the card to the back a little. 
"Positive" I snatched it from his hand and made my way to the door. "I won't be late" I said before closing the door behind me. I looked at the credit card in my hand with an evil smirk. "Hellooo darling" I smiled widely and stuffed it in my bag jumping downstairs.
 
 
Luhan raked his fingers through his hair. He wanted to go with you for some reason. "Wait a minute. What if she choose something showy and unfashioned?" He said to himself rubbing his chin.
"What if .." he tried to come up with something different to convince himself to go. He just wanted to go what other reason should he have. 
"Wait another minute i forgot to tell her to go to the salon as well to do her hair and make up- Then again she can do that herself" He waved his hand in the air. He was loosing it indeed he didn't even notice that he was speaking to himself. 
"Wait a third minute i need a suit myself. How did i forget that" He took out his phone. 
 
"Hey guys wanna go to the mall... Just ... Yeah... Cool meet you there" He hung up hurriedly and grabbed his jacket flying downstairs. 
As he ran to the door he noticed Yenny lying down on the couch with a magazine covering her face. 
Getting another idea he walked back till he was near the couch. 
"Hea Heeey Yenny !" 
Yenny lifted the magazine off her face with straight face. 
"You're Hea Heeey Yenny Me ?!!" She tilted her head then straightened up to set. "Okay what do you want?" She kept her eyebrow up.
"I was just wondering Do you want me to take you shopping ? To buy a beautiful dress maybe." Luhan blinked trying to get Yenny's attention. 
"Why would i want to buy a beautiful dress ?" Yenny frowned looking at her brother. "Beside i'm grounded don't forget that" She rolled her eyes. 
"Mom and Dad are not in the house and i'm heading out too Yet you're trying to convince me that you will stay home in this empty house all alone and not try to sneak out" Luhan squinted his eyes at her.
"Well..." Yenny made a face. "Good point Shopping it is" She jumped up. "But wait i don't want a dress i want a new sneaker" She pointed. 
 
"N-No you want a dress. Cuz we're heading to the dress store in the mall" Luhan cleared his throat trying not to be so obvious. 
"But i don't want a dress. Trust me i have ton of dresses that mom buy me and i already don't wear" 
Luhan blinked getting left with nothing to say.
"Ehm b-but don't you want a dress that you choose on your on" He said stumbling on his word.  
Yenny caught something suspicious about him so she gave an amused smile. "Here's a sudden question where's your wifey ?" 
"Oh You're right the the connection here is low you think mom plugged off the WiFi ?" Luhan tried to sound as steady as serious as possible. 
"No uh don't try to be funny you sound ridiculously silly" Yenny gave him a serious look. 
"How about i buy you a new sneaker and a dress and you don't ask any other question" Luhan prompted changing the subject. 
"Buy me a matching purse and i'll stay quiet the whole ride" Yenny replied cleverly. 
Luhan looked at her scowling but he gave up eventually. "Fine" He sighed and stood up. 
"Yey" Yenny clapped. "I'll go and change" 
 
----
 
"Hey Johan" You and Ariyoung approached him. Ariyoung stood behind you saying she doesn't want to look at him just yet. 
"Hey Yumi. Hello Ariyoung" He grinned. You stood aside to reveal Ariyoung. 
Ariyoung huffed and looked down messing her hair. 
"Song Ariyoung Look at you. You didn't change at all Oh wait you you used to be flat chested now i can see-" Before the poor guy even point Ariyoung took him from his hand and twisted his arm behind him. 
You let out chuckle instead of helping him. Just like the old days. 
"You didn't change at all either y Johan" Ariyoung smiled mockingly at him. 
"Good to see you too" Johan said catching his breath. 
Ariyoung let go of him and fixed her jacket. "See Yumi i told you we shouldn't have came" 
"No no no" You shook your head laughing a bit at the two. "I have a feeling that this day will be heck fun" You came between the two. 
 
"Yah Song Ariyoung Is that your way to say hi after not seeing me for this long" Johan shot at her as he moved his arm in circles to see if his bones are still attached. 
"Why you don't like it ?" Ariyoung shot back at him. 
"I could think of better ways" His last reply came out rather playful. 
"What a brat ? YUMI I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD'T HAVE CAME " She repeated with a rising tone this time. 
"Yah Song Ariyoung I missed you too but no need to be so loud" Johan mocked poking his ears like his eardrum just bursted. 
"You're unbelievable" Ariyoung muttered then huffed in irritation.
"And they ask me why i favor Yumi " He wrapped his arm around and stuck his tongue at Ariyoung who made a face at him. 
"Come on let's go" He stepped foreword with you in his arm leaving Ariyoung behind. 
Ariyoung blinked her eyes looking at you two. "Y-Yaaaah Kang Yumi Choi Johan" She called in disbelief. 
Johan chuckled at turned back to her. "I knew you miss me" He smiled and wrapped his other arm around her. 
"Don't worry see i have a room for the both of you" He squeezed you two. "What ? I didn't- Yah let me go" 
He sighed in relief. "My two best friends here Huh i really missed you guys" He managed to say despite how furiously Ariyoung was struggling to be free. 
You laughed your heart out seeing them like that. It's nice to have some time with your closet friends. 
 
 
 
"So what are we doing here at the mall ?" Sehun scratched his head. The others looked at Luhan and Yenny beside him questionably. 
"I just thought we hang here But Yenny needed a new dress so she tagged along" He pointed behind him. 
"I did ?" Yenny frowned pointing at herself. Luhan turned around and glared at her. 
"Oh right i did" She immediately nod seeing the look at his face. 
"Good we came here i need some new sneakers" Tao said. "Me too" Yenny clasped her hands together. 
"But i thought you said you needed a dress?" Xiumin frowned curiously. "Yeah that too" Yenny waved her hand dismissively. 
"Any way i noticed that some of you oppa's are missing ?" She quickly changed the subject. 
"Yeah well. Kai and Lay have a dancing class. D.O is working with Suho on some report. Baekhyun and Chen have a vocal training together. So it's just the six of us" Chanyeol beamed. 
"Baekhyun and Chen take vocal trianing class" Luhan made a face. "Since when ?" 
"Do you even listen when they talk ?" Kris rolled his eyes. 
"Don't blame him he always sleep when anyone talks" Chanyeol replied nodding. 
Luhan narrowed his eyes at them.
 
"So it's just Kris oppa, Xiumin oppa, Tao oppa Chanyeol oppa and Sehun oppa" Yenny pointed at them nodding with every name. "It's good i think we'll have fun" Yenny beamed clasping her hand together. 
"Yeah we will. Do you want to go the ice cream shop ?" Sehun came beside her speaking in an excited tone. 
"Sehun Oppa i'm 16 Why are you talking to me like a kid ?" Yenny raised her brow and placed her hand on her hip. 
"Well you're never too old for ice cream" Sehun shrugged disappointedly. "Oh well looks like this kid is the one who want ice cream" Tao stated pointing at Sehun. 
"Yeah act like you don't want one too" Sehun snarled at Tao. 
 
"We'll get to the ice cream part later. Let's buy Yenny a dress first" Luhan cut on between the two. He kept insisting on buying a dress that he made himself a bit suspicious. 
"There's a dress shop here in the first floor" Xiumin said flatly. All the eyes turned to him. 
He blinked his eyes. "What ? No one of you came shopping with his mom before" Xiumin shrugged innocently. 
All of them shook their heads including Yenny. 
"Ugh" Xiumin sighed audibly. "This is going to be tiring for me" 
"This way" He pointed. Without hesitating the others followed him. 
 
As soon as they stepped their feets in the shop Luhan looked left and right then stepped back. "No nothing's beautiful here" He shook his head. 
"But we haven't even-" Yenny swallowed when she gained herself another stare from her brother. 
"It looks cheap and out of fashion. Xiumin next shop" the others all followed questioningly. 
 
The same thing happened with the next three shops they visited. 
 
"Luhan Is something wrong ? Why do you prevent us from entering any shop. They all seemed very fine to me" Xiumin reasoned. 
"Yeah i thought Yenny is the one who need a new dress not you" Tao joked. The others mood lighted up a little laughing at Luhan who didn't care. 
"It's just that i have something to do this evening so i want to be done with this fast" Luhan relaxed his shoulders. 
 
 
"No it's not this one either" Luhan was about to go out but Yenny stopped him. "No Oppa it is this one" Yenny nod her to a certain point. Luhan swirled to see you checking some dresses. Like he didn't even saw you he insisted on his position. 
"No it's not this one" He declared. He was just searching for a good shop. He wasn't searching for you. Right ! So why would Yenny say it's this one ? 
Is it that obvious ? Did he really turn nut ? 
No
He just want his wife to look agreeable among the people in the company and he wanted to match with her so that those people really believe it.
In the end this whole marrige is for business purposes ONLY. 
 
Being stubborn Luhan insisted on his word. "I'm telling you Yenny i don't think-" Before he even protest. The giants stepped in. 
"It's Yenny who will pick not you and she say this is the one so get your back in there " Kris emphasized. "Yeah man i had enough with this. I want to finish this fast and go hang around. I didn't come here for nothing" Chanyeol added.
"Scary Giant people" Luhan muttered looking up at the two. The others laughed.
 
"Isn't that Kang Yumi?" Xiumin said in aw pointing at your direction. 
"Indeed i didn't come here for nothing. Where is she ?" Chanyeol jumped next to Xiumin. 
Luhan shook his head. What ever effort he put on Chanyeol is somehow attached to this girl. Not that he care anyway but he was just afraid that it'll damage their friendship. Or that's just what his mind told him.
 
"Okay okay. Let's go in" Luhan gave up. "Yeah we were going in anyway even if i had to drag you from your leg" Chanyeol said not looking at anyones way. He just had his eyes focused on you at the moment. 
"Even if i say that i want another shop" Yenny blinked trying to get something clear in her head from Chanyeol. 
"You're only bones sweetie. You can easily be dragged from your leg just like your brother" Chanyeol said in the same tone still not focusing his eye on any one other. Yenny nodded understanding the whole here then she looked at her brother. 
Luhan face palmed himself. 
"That's her friend with her over there. But who's the guy with them?" Xiumin squinted his eyes to see better.
"Do you think it's her boyfriend?" Chanyeol said with a hint of pout. "Probably" Kris replied his eyes traveling to Luhan who suddenly took some interest on what they were saying.
"Let's find out" 
 
 
 
"Again why do want a dress ?" Johan tilted his head looking at all the dresses hanging around. 
"I told you my friend is throwing a party. She's a better model so a lot of famous people will come plus some celebrities" You fibbed. "I want to look decent enough" You cleared your throat after saying that. 
"So you guys will help me!" You made a cute face and rounded your eyes. 
 
"Yumi Yumi Yumi. You always look beautiful with out anyone help. But if you need we can help ! Although i won't really trust Ariyoung taste as you see .. she's a tomboy" Johan whispered the last part playfully to you. 
"Yah i heard that" Ariyoung snapped shooting Johan some daggers with her eyes. "Ooh ma- wait aren't those Exo" 
"Where ?" You immediately turned. Johan turned as well though he didn't know who she was talking about. 
"You're right. It's them" You muttered as your eyes fell at Luhan who didn't look like he saw you from your point of view. 
"Is that a girl. Do you think it's one of their girlfriends ?" Ariyoung frowned getting curious. 
You blinked recognizing Yenny. "N-No she looks young. Maybe she's someone sister" You stuttered then looked away. 
 
"Who are they ?" Johan frowned looking straight at the boys who were on .the other side of the shop. 
"Just some boys from collage. It's not for you to mind so.." Ariyoung stood in front of him and cupped his face to make him look away. 
"Yeah staring is rude" You said distractingly busying yourself. "Okay i gotta try these" You said pointing at the dresses you picked in your hand. 
Yeah well. 
 
 
Luhan threw some dresses on Yenny without even checking them. "Go try some of them on" 
Sehun came tsking at Luhan. "What a horrible taste you have ?" 
"Yeah Hyung" Tao came along. "You seriously want your little sis to wear this?" Tao raised up the tiny piece that was among the pile of dress on Yenny. It was so tiny and tight with an open chest that obviously not really suitable for a 16 years old girl. 
The others laughed looking at the dress. Luhan face palmed himself *Where did this come from?*
"Why what's wrong with it ? I kinda like-" Yenny stopped when she noticed Luhan glare and gulped. 
"Bad dress. I'm not- It's jus-" She stopped when she didn't know what to say. "I'll just go and change"  Yenny lowered her head and went to the changing room. 
 
"Excuse me Can you help her in there!" Luhan called a worked to help Yenny with the dresses. The worker nod her head and went with Yenny.
 
Luhan turned around to see Exo wondering around looking  at the dresses except Chanyeol who was looking at something or like someone else. 
Luhan sighed looking at Chanyeol. "Dude" Luhan muttered. 
"That guy is lucky to have her" Chanyeol smiled not taking his eyes off you. 
"Channy seriously ! You can't be in love with her ? You don't know her that well ?" Luhan came by his side and gazed at you as well watching your steps till you went to the changing room. 
"What do you know about love ? You can't control your heart once- ... Then again you are probably right. Maybe i'm hallucinating with myself" Chanyeol shook his head trying to be his normal self. 
"Yeah knock it off and go back to your sense"  
"Yeah well" Chanyeol gave a goofy smile. "See funny from all the places we ran into her in here in this mall in this shop particularly" Chanyeol mused. 
"Yeah .. Funny" Luhan said through gritted teeth looking away. 
 
"Hey guys do you think i should buy a dress for my mom? Maybe a bag or a shoes ?" Xiumin yelled and pointed to the other side were the bags and shoes were placed. 
"Yeah. I should probably buy my mom something as well. Sooner or later she'll find the broken hidden faze" Chanyeol thought loudly then ran next to Xiumin. 
Luhan shook his head then his eyes roomed around searching for something till it landed on you. You just came from the changing room wearing long to the knee , sleeveless black dress. 
Luhan eyes rounded. *What the hell is that. Heck no*
 
 
"So what do you guys think?" You turned around showing Johan and Ariyoung who gave you a questioning look. 
"No around the waist is too tight" Johan waved his hand. 
"Yeah. Black i don't know you're going to a party not a funeral" Ariyoun stated. 
You turned to look at the mirror. 
"Hmm.. I don't. i kinda li-" Your phone peeped signaling a message. You went to your bag that was with Ariyoung and got it out from it too check it. 
 
A message from 'ThaaaJerk'.  You immediately frowned.
 
'I don't want to be seen with someone wearing that. Ehk' 
 
You blinked reading the text all over again. Your lips curled up in annoyance. 
Then your eyes followed searching for him. You caught him pretending to look at something like he had a serious interest in it. You scoffed
"Guess this is not it" You muttered and went back to the changing room. 
 
"How is this one ?" You said heading out wearing a long yellow dress this time. Your phone was firmly in your hand. You peeked at Luhan from time to time but he wasn't looking at you. 
"Yellow !!" Johan and Ariyoung said together. Instantly your phone peeped. Like expected from Luhan saying:
'I don't want to be caught with a lemon either. Wth is that !' 
You frowned again. "I guess it's not it either" You sighed.
 
"Wait your taking your phone to the changing room with you ?" Ariyoung pointed at the phone in your hand.
"Well yeah. I'm kinda texting someone" You said then rushed to the changing room. 
"Kids these day" Johan shook his head dismissively. Then turned to his side to start a chat with Ariyoung only to see her too on her phone. He scoffed and stood up deciding to look for a good dress so they can move on.
 
It went the whole time like that. Luhan kept commenting on every dress you tried. 
 
'Too short' 
 
'Too tight' 
 
'Too showy' 
 
'What's with the color ?' 
 
'Denim really ?!!!' 
 
'You have got to be kidding me ?' 
 
And everytime you tried to catch him looking at you but never. He was either looking right left Looking at some dresses , Talking to one of his friend or just giving you his back. 
 
You texted him. 'Stop being picky and just agree with something' 
 
He immediately texted back. 'Like You pick something agreeable ! Have you seen everything you tried so far ' 
 
"Oppa what do you think  about this one ?" Yenny stood wearing a fluffy pale dress. The others gathered around her to look at the dress. 
"Yeah. Sure. Beautiful" Luhan said carelessly looking at his phone. The others eyed him in disbelief but he didn't even notice. 
Tao was the first to comment what's really in his mind. "Yenny isn't it a little too short ?" After all they all consider her as a their little sister.
"No you see i actually plan to wear it with a striped leggings and match it with a high tops sneakers" Yenny explained confidently.
 
 "If that's so then .. I don't know" Tao took back what he said.
The others withdrew without a further comment not really getting what Yenny's saying.
Still Luhan was busy with his phone. Kris and Chanyeol came one from each side to smack his head. 
"Ouch What was that fo- Hey No way this dress is way too short" Luhan couldn't even yell at who smacked him when he noticed what his sister is wearing. 
"But you just said... Yeah. Sure. Beautiful" Yenny imitated his voice sarcastically. 
"I said that- Eish whatever just go and change" Luhan shot her a look. 
 
"Who are you so busy texting anyway ?" Kris tried to sneak at Luhan's phone. 
"Yeah who are you texting Lulu is it your girlfriend !" The others came around him trying to look at his phone.
"No . Yaaah. Stop it" 
Kris stepped back laughing at them as they struggled to get Luhan phone who looked like he's protecting it with his life. 
Yenny came to stand next to Kris. "He's texting Yumi isn't he ?" Yenny asked directly. And kris directly nodded. "Yup i think so" 
"Is he always like that ?" Kris suddenly turned to Yenny. "I mean is he ..?" 
"I don't know either." Yenny replied with a sigh. 
 
"Haven't you change yet" Luhan came back with his phone securely in his hand. 
"Oh i was about too. And.. oh right .." Yenny stopped for a second. "I'm taking this one" She nodded and went back to the changing room. 
"Already !" Luhan muttered. Kris eyed him suspiciously. 
"Why you don't want to leave ?" Kris teased a little nodding his head to the other side. Luhan pretended like he have no idea what Kris meant and acted like he was looking at the dresses. "Why wouldn't i want to go" He said carelessly as his eye searched around the dresses just then his eye fell on a particular dress. It was a cadet blue short dress. *This is it* 
For Luhan the dress really caught his eye. 
 
"Hey what do you think of this one ? You think my mom will like it" Xiumin popped a pair of shoes in front of Luhan. 
Luhan shook his head. And looked at what Xiumin is showing him absentmindedly. 
"Oppa I'm done can we leave ?" Yenny called from the other side. 
Luhan gave the dress a second look then turned around. 
 
"Yeah sure let's go" Luhan nod turning around.  "Yah you didn't tell me what do you think?" Xiumin yelled behind him. 
"Yah Kris no no Yenny you're a girl what do you think about this one ?" Xiumin hurried next to her. "It's beautiful. I think your mom will like it you should go with it" Yenny smiled brightly. 
"Thank you" Xiumin beamed at her. "If only your brother was like you" Xiumin tsked the went to the counter.
"Come one guys we're leaving" Kris called Tao, chanyeol and Sehun who came behind leaving whatever that was in their hands. 
 
They all went out of the store after paying. "Good now let's go shop for a new sneaker" Yenny cheered. 
"Yes ! I'll finally get myself a new pair" Tao said looking down at the pair he was wearing. 
"Yeah Yeah. You guys go ahead I'm coming right after you i think i forgot something. Be right back" 
Luhan turned back to the shop. As soon as he entered he called one of the workers she came running.
He whispered something to her and she kept nodding understandingly. "The one on that section sir ?" 
Luhan nodded. "Okay what about the payment ?" The worker asked again. Luhan looked at her for a moment. 
"She will manage" He answered and nod to the worker before leaving the shop. 
 
Yenny phone peeped again. 
"You're phone is annoying me ? Who is texting you right now ?" Johan asked directly. 
"Just someone" You shrugged. 
"If it's not important then lock your phone or mute it. The voice is getting really irritating" Ariyoung said showing some irritation in her voice as she agreed with Johan. 
"Okay Alright" You said hushing her as you read the text. 
 
'You buy that one only nothing else. Whatever you buy reach me here on my cell So don't even think of overspending' 
 
You scowled. *What a Cheap Brat !! And buy what only ?* The answer soon came when one of the workers came carrying a dress. 
"Excuse me miss but a customer wanted me to show this to you" She said. 
You blinked a couple of time then your eyes darted around the shop searching for Luhan but he was nowhere to be seen. 
"A customer ?" Johan raised a brow. "Maybe it's a fan Yumi" Ariyoung nudged you excitedly. "Did he pay for it ?" She asked the worker. 
"No. He said she can manage" The worker stated. 
"What a cheap brat !!" Ariyoung comment immediately followed. You chuckled when you heard her say exactly what you were thinking just while ago but again Since you're paying with his credit card it's him at last who'll pay not you. 
"It's kinda cool" You said eyeing it as the worker held it patiently to you. 
"You want to try it?" Johan asked holding the dress from the worker. 
"Yeah and well let's go and eat after this my stomach is growling" You changed the subject as you took the dress from Johan. He just nodded along. 
 
 
 
"I'm home" You said talking to yourself cuz you thought no one's at the house as for yet. 
"What took you so long?" Luhan voice instantly came out roaring which made you jump in your place terrified. 
"I'm here now aren't i" You mumbled. "Hurry up we'll be late" Luhan demanded. 
You swallowed and ran to the room to fix yourself. 
You locked the door behind you and pull out the first dress looking at it. It was beautiful Indeed
But then again you shoved it back inside and got out the other one. 
Yes you got yourself two dresses cuz hell you weren't the one who's paying right.
 
Not even thinking of which one to wear you shoved the shopping bag with the first dress aside as you went with the other one. 
You removed your head band and let your hair fall on your back. You did some quick loose curl and fixed your make up. 
It was amazing the result that you got considering you were rushing everything. 
You fited you feets in your heal. And ran out to meet Luhan before he gets more angry. 
He was setting down on the couch tapping his foot as he waited patiently. He was already in his suit. 
 
You cleared your throat. "I'm ready" 
Luhan looked up at you. You were beautiful but he felt a tiny bit of disappointment. 
You weren't wearing the dress he chose for you but again he put on his usual poker face. 
"Like finally" He muttered and walked to the door. 
You trailed behind him pouting. *Not even a single comment on how i look!*
 
The whole ride was quiet and awkward. Not even a single word was heard right untill you reached the ball hall. 
Luhan parked the car and just stayed sitting like that for a second. You gazed at him curiously. 
"I don't even have to remind you of how to act right! Seriously if anyone doubted anything i'll kill you" He hissed and got out of the car. 
You huffed and rested your head back for a milli sec. "Is he mad cuz i didn't wear his dress?" You mumbled then opened the door. 
 
 
"Uhm you didn't tell me how do i look?" You said blinking at him right before the entrance. 
Luhan eyed you from head to toe. "Didn't they have anything else in that shop?" Luhan frowned. 
"Why ?" You played dumb a little. "I really like it. Johan oppa picked it for me and the worker there said it's on the trend these day" You nodded proudly. 
"Ooh" Luhan sighed. "Ehm is he your boyfriend or something ?" Luhan mumbled kinda of embarrassed to ask it directly. 
Your eyes rounded. "What ? Nah na no" You chuckled at the idea. "No he's just an old friend" 
"Sure. Let's just go in you talk too much" Luhan rolled his eyes acting like he don't care anymore. 
"Wait and you tell me to act well. We didn't even go in yet and you're frowning" You stood in front of him. 
"Just drop it I'll start acting when we go inside okay. So let's just go-" 
"No And you say we might get suspicious because of me" You scoffed at him. 
"It's not important now Let us just go in-" 
You cut him off again. 
"Smile" You demanded. 
"What is wrong with yo-?"
"You're going to blame whatever happen tonight on me so Just smile so no one suspect us" 
"Why are you botherin-"
"SMIIIIIIILLLLLEEEE" You demanded, whining. 
He gave you a bored annoyed smile. "There happy" 
"That's not even a smile" You pouted pointing at his face. 
"Just quit the crap okay let's go" And he dragged you in. 
 
As soon as you two walked in Luhan wrapped his right arm around your waist bringing you closer to him. 
You gave him a mocking look. He just smiled in return. He's between people so that's the only thing he can do. 
"Yeah sure now you smile" You rolled your eyes. "Just don't embarrass me" Luhan replied through gritted teeth. 
The music was loud. All the people around you looked elegant and just .. Grown up in another word old. 
There were some young people but only a few. And everyone looked so arrogant and all that. You didn't really fit in the mood of rich people. 
"I want out" You mumbled to yourself feeling all awkward. 
"You say anything?" Luhan asked not really caring. You shook your head. 
The two of you went on Greeting people. Luhan introduced you as 'his beautiful wife' to every single one and you couldn't help but to laugh everytime he say it. 
It just felt weirdly hilarious to you. 
 
"Hey there's my parents Wait ugh they're with Mr. Choi" Luhan scowled eyeing the chubby man standing next to his parents. 
"Who's Mr. Choi?" You asked curiously. "He's the reason why we're married" Luhan sighed. 
"What?" You frowned wondering if you heard right. 
"See that's the guy who try to steal the company away from my dad. He's the second biggest shareholder and he see that handing the company to me will put it in danger so he want his son to get it. He became really dangerous cuz my dad believe that a respective number of people support him" Luhan explained.
"They're supporting another man instead of the CEO !!" You exclaimed, obviously surprised. 
"He's manipulated He persuade people somehow saying i'm an immature kid. If he kept it up like This then i'm afraid me and dad will kiss the company good bye" 
"Okay now that's sound scary. Can't you get rid of him somehow?" You asked getting attached to what he was saying. Cuz well he was talking .. from himself .. To you. Like a normal chat that he started. It was weird enough coming from him but you felt comfortable talking to him.
 
"Yeah Let's go and say hi to him" Luhan nod. "What?" You said in disbelief then your eyes travelled to that Mr. Choi . You focused in his feature for a moment. 
"How else would i prove that i'm not an immature kid" Luhan reasoned and was about to pull you with him when you yanked his arm off you. 
Your eyes widen in recognition. You nudged Luhan arm urgently. "You sure that's The Mr. Choi you're talking about?" You asked feeling unease. 
Luhan casually nodded. 
 
"Shoot"
 
And you hid behind Luhan. 
"What is wrong?" Luhan tried to turn to you but you held him from the back firmly. 
"That's Johan oppa father. I can't let him see me" You hissed. 
"WHAT?" Luhan shot. "Johan ?" 
"My friend that i was with today that's his father" You whispered angrily trying to hide behind Luhan as much as possible. 
"Yah knock it off and talk properly." Luhan hissed back as he got free from you grip on his back and turned to talk to you face to face. 
 
"Who's who's father ?" Luhan asked straightly. "That" You pointed hesitatingly. 
"The Mr. Choi i was just talking about !! How can this be" 
"I don't know but i can't let him see me. He'll tell Johan oppa that i'm married" You kept blinking feeling like you just want to run away. 
 
"Wait a minute. So your friend is the one who try to take the company from me ?" Luhan asked with an unbelieved expression. 
"No way Johan oppa is a photographer. The one who's into money is Jongwoo Oppa so it's probably him" You reasoned. 
"Wait Jongwoo who ?" Luhan tried his best to keep up with you. 
"Jonwoo oppa. Choi Jongwoo. Johan oppa twin brother" You answered then rubbed your temple. How can this be. How can your fate flip like this. 
Luhan gaped. "Mr. Choi have twins ? Then again what do i know about that guy but that he want to destroy me" Luhan nodded to himself. Half of what you said wasn't really important to him. But the fact that you're a friend with the family enemies  didn't sound so good.
"Yaaah Can't we just go ?" You said almost pleading. 
 
"I told that lowlife is the reason why we got married. We can't leave" Luhan pressed on. You looked at him with your rounded eyes practically begging him to let you go out but your efforts were pointless. 
"What are you so worked up about ? Since they're his sons or whatever they're probably both here" Luhan commented flatly. 
Your eyes widen. "You have got to be kidding me ?" You mumbled in disbelief. There was no escape Johan have to know you're married now ? in this way too? What's the worse that can happen. 
He'll look at you differently and will stop being friend with you cuz he'll probably side with his dad. Or he'll snitch on you and ruin your career just to destroy Luhan. 
You shook your head. You'll have to explain this to him in a good way. You can't tell him the truth now that he's his father son. 
But again why would you side with Luhan. You knew Mr. Choi and Johan way longer than you knew him. Ugh
many thoughts were flooding in your head.
 
"Why are you so tense ! Relax okay" Luhan secured you with his arm again. "Everything will be okay" He said flatly. You let out a deep sigh. "I surely hope so" You mumbled. 
 
"Kang Yumi ?" You heard the voice. Uh ooh not this voice. Not noe
You steadily turned around with Luhan. 
"Johan oppa !!" You stuttered. He was standing behind you for who know how long.
"What are you doing here ? I though you said you're going to your frien-" And Johan stopped midway trying to analyze everything. 
You bit your lips and covered your face with your hand not knowing what to say. 
 
"She's my wife. That's why she's here" Luhan emphasized bringing you even closer to him as he glared at Johan in front of him. Things didn't seem that they'll end up prettily.