Chapter IX

I Love My Assassin

 

I opened my eyes. It’s already morning and my head was terribly aching like it was struck by millions of needles. I saw some bread, eggs and milk on the table. Is it for breakfast or that’s the dinner last night, I thought while examining it. Well the eggs were still warm. Tao really prepared something and I’m thinking what he is up to.

I took a quick bath and wore my training clothes. But now I wore a sleeveless shirt and light comfy pants. I braided my hair afterwards. Tao was sitting on my bed when I went out.

“Good morning! Good idea that you wore that kind of outfit” he beamed. I gave him a questioning look and he started to explain.

“Well, we will put some twist on our sparring session for today” he said looking at the ceiling.

“Twist?” I asked as I finish my food.

“Yes, we will go to the river to hold our training, a water sparring session would be” he said and waited for me to finish my food.

The other guys were waiting outside and like me their wearing super light outfits.

“Good morning!” They greeted me in unison.

“Yah! Ren was on her sleeveless!” Xiumin exclaimed while looking at me.

I was a bit surprise of his reaction and the others gave him the-hell-stop-it-Xiumin look. He acted zipping his mouth and made an x with his index fingers.

The walk to the river was quiet, aside from low blabbering noises from Luhan and Chen. Xiumin kept his mouth shut and Lay just walked beside Tao. The -faced entity was at the back, well he hadn’t explained any single thing about what happened yesterday and I didn’t even dare to ask him.

We arrived on the river. The water was clean and clear and the bank was occupied by trees that almost block the sunlight. The current was moderate enough for training I guess. There was a small waterfall due to huge rock formations and it’s really inviting me to swim.

The guys just enjoyed the scene while Tao grabbed something from his backpack. He handed us pieces of cloth and instructed us to dip it on the water. I dipped it in the water to inspect if it absorbs huge amount of it. And yes, definitely it's light but when it came in contact with water it absorbs a lot and with that observations, I got a hint. 

“My god! It’s heavy!” Luhan said while trying to sway the piece of cloth and Tao began to spoke for instructions.

“Ahm… that was for warm-up, you should sway that fifty times before we start the sparring session” he said while dipping his cloth.

The guys started to sway there cloths and I did also. We are standing in the middle of the river and I admit that the current was strong enough to lose my balance.

My arms and even my shoulder started to twinge as I reached halfway of my counting but I never gave up as I saw the other’s faces starting to crumple as they reached halfway also.

I’m not the only experiencing this and being a girl is not an excuse. I said as I swayed more.

Our faces were terrified as if we lifted a huge boulder using our own hands. We sat by the riverbank when I heard Chen’s worried voice.

“Oh my god Lay! I said be careful!” he said.

“Chen it’s alright it is just small don’t worry” Lay replied. I asked Luhan why.

“Lay has some condition called blood coagulation, were cuts could endure to severe bleeding and the worst thing was sometimes it leads to blood transfusion” he explained.

“Omo!” I stood up and approach Chen and Lay. I examined Lay’s finger.

“Yixing, are you alright?”  I worriedly said.

“Yes… Look its fine, don’t worry…” he said showing me his finger when suddenly Kris blurted.

“He said he’s fine, he’s not a child anymore!” there’s a hint of irritation on his voice.

Here’s the -faced again. I thought as I examined Lay’s finger. Lay smiled at me and I blushed seeing him smile.

Tao announced our sparring partners and Luhan was my partner again and we’re the first one to fight while the others were watching us on the bank.

“I won’t lose, remember that Lulu” I said before I bowed to him.

“Bring it on!” he retorted.

We both switched to fighting mode, the current was enough but the rocks were slippery.

Tao said that we can use water on this fight but how? I was thinking hard when he  threw a punch. I held his fist, turned around and elbowed his stomach but he managed to kick me and I landed on the water.

Ouch! That hurts. I hissed in pain. The rocks were not helping me at all. I stood up and regained my composure.

Use the water? I smirked and widen our distance as an idea flashed in my head. He was smirking at me but I wiped out his smirk when I splashed the water on his face using my foot. It was enough to distract him though. I grabbed my chance to knock him down.

“Yes!” I exclaimed when I won the game.

Luhan was pouting cutely when he sat on the bank of the river. He was drying his hair when my gazed landed on his wet shirt. I bit my lower lip when my eyes went down on the wet thin cloth enfolding his chest and well-built abdominal muscles. He looked at me and smirked and I turned my face away. I gulped and slapped my own cheeks when I realized what I just did.

Did I just drool I while ago, you’re a ert Ren. I exclaimed to myself.

Lay and Chen were having their fight when a gust of chilly wind touch my skin. It seemed to whisper on my ears to follow it. I followed it and on my surprise it brought me to the foot of the small waterfall. I was shocked when I saw the florist on the flower parlor sitting on the top of a huge flat boulder and he was splashing water by wiggling his feet like a kid.

He gazed at me and smiled when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to face this someone, it was Kris. I looked away and stared back to the guy but I found no one in there. I stared at Kris anxiously and about to go back to the others when he held my wrist tightly and he pulled me to a hug.

“Is there a problem or anything? Tell me…” he whispered huskily on my ear, sending shivers to my spine.

His warmth was enveloping my body making me relax but not my heart because right now it’s racing and pounding inside my chest. Kris what am I feeling? I asked in my mind and returned his hug. Without any clue there’s someone watching us behind the huge trunk of the tree, intently eyeing us.


Thanks so much again^^