Chapter XXIV

I Love My Assassin

 

The whole night I knew Luhan did not let go of my hand. I can hear his slightly heaving breath even his cute sleep-talking. This is my the first time sleeping in such shallow manner, and one thing is for sure it is because of Luhan. A light touch or bump from him is enough to make my eyes open and my heartbeat race like nuts. Do I develop feelings to him already?

I woke up with slight pain on my lower abdomen. I sluggishly stood up still half asleep to enter the bathroom. I'm dying to pee. I'm totally woken up by the splash of warm water on my face. What time is it? I hurriedly went out to check my phone. It was five quarter in the morning.

My gaze landed on the empty futon sheets. Where is Luhan? I blushed a bit on the thought of last night. I went out of the room and checked him in his room. Surprisingly I saw him packing his things already.

Good morning...” he greeted huskily.

I greeted him back but my mind immediately spaced out when my focus turned into his beautiful morning face, definitely as good as breakfast. I sat on the futon sheets and just stared at him, his face and every move. He's definitely going back to Korea and I felt sad about it. I unintentionally pouted and I think he noticed it with his peripheral vision.

Don't give me that look, it will not hinder me from going...” he said while shoving his things hastily inside his bag.

I know...” I briefly said and bowed my head.

I heard soft steps towards me and a mild tap on my shoulder. I raised my head and met gazes with the smiling Luhan. He pinned my chin raising my head a few inches so that he can kiss my temple. The warmth of his lips made my heart beat faster than usual and made me feel high. After kissing my temple, he pulled me to a tight hug.

Just remember, I will be always waiting for you...” he whispered on my ear.

I tighten the hug not wanting him to let go of me. I don't want this moment to last. I want him beside me forever. The door slid open revealing a grinning Chen. Luhan let go of me immediately and I felt him tense up, searching for a good explanation to Chen.

Sorry for disturbing both of you... but if you don't mind the breakfast is already prepared… and Luhan you should hurry up for the flight” Chen informed trying to hold his laughter.

Chen is the most understanding yet he annoys me with his teasing. Luhan stood up and picked up his bag and zipped it.

Finished... Let's go Ren” he gazed at me signaling me come with him.

I get up and followed them both. Chen bumped my shoulder gently and grinned at me showing his explained-what-just-happened look. It was him teasing me again. I furrowed my eyebrows and gestured my hand telling him that is was nothing. I saw him crest his forehead at me and walked ahead in line with Luhan. Perhaps, he's not believing my alibi.


I was silent inside the car, we will go back to the Huang's place before going to Kai's for the start of my archery training. Tao was sleeping since the start of our drive home and Auntie Yifei was on the other car, so I have no one to talk to. Thoughts of Luhan clouds my mind at that moment, it's the only thing I can do to ease boredom.

Alright, I should stop this. I need to concentrate to learn everything perfectly. I kept on reminding about my priorities and that is...to have revenge for my father. I'm not getting any younger specifically I cannot go back to become a child again. I should face what's destined for me to take. I should take the throne and if that means war... I should be ready. So the best thing to do right now is to free my mind from thoughts that I won’t be needing.

I fixed myself and get ready when we reach the Huang’s place. Tao chose the most appropriate wardrobe he thinks to be comfortable enough for archery training. After tidying my hair into a bun, Tao entered my room.

Are you ready? I’m sorry for not talking to you as frequent as I can since yesterday...” he said gawking at the mirror probably he wants to see my reaction.

Don’t worry it’s fine though I find hard since I can’t identify if you’re mad of me or any thing...” I reasoned as I secured my hair with the tulip hair accessory.

I turned to face him not forgetting to smile. I know it will lighten my mood if I start this training with light feeling and nothing to worry about. Surprisingly, he smiled back which he rarely does, it somehow boosted my energy.

I’m ready...” I declared with enthusiasm.


When arrived on Kai’s place, we found him having his tea peacefully. He gazed at me with a smile on his lips. Then, I remembered Tao mentioning to me that if I want to know more about Yu Ren, Kai is the best person to talk to. But perhaps...some other time because my focus now is to learn anything perfectly.

After talking for quite time, Tao bid goodbye. What? He’ll leave me here with Kim Jong In? I mean... It is not that I’m not trusting him but it’s somehow awkward cause I just meet him yesterday. I guess he noticed my face of disapproval, so I displayed a smile though I thought it’s kind of not convincing.

Don’t worry Tao will be back to fetch you... And don’t give me that face I don’t eat humans...” he said and stood fro his seat.

He signaled me to follow him which I immediately did. After a while of walking, We entered a room. A room full of finest bows and arrows.

You can choose any of these bows for practice but I’ll recommend that one...” he said pointing to an ebony bow with silver accents.

I guess I’ll just settle for that then....” I get it and was surprised by its weight it was lighter than it looks.

Shall we go to the field now?” he asked while holding two cylindrical tubes with a bunch of arrows.

I nodded and followed him to a pond. It was not huge but it’s length is long. Very appropriate for archery practice... I commented when I saw a bridge and across it was a target.

Faster... We will start your training...” he said authoritatively.

I felt nervous, I think he’s stricter than Tao.

When we reached the bridge, he suddenly smiled.

Welcome to your archery training... Princess Hwang Seolrae... I hope you’ll take it seriously” Kai bowed after saying that.

This is it...after this training I’m already prepared for everything. I’m now oozing with confidence and determination. I know I can do this and after this a new challenge to overhaul is waiting for me.

 

 


Hello everyone!

Thank you for reading and subscribing!

Another short update ^^