Chapter XX

I Love My Assassin

             

We entered a cozy house, overlooking a small koi pond. Tao and Kai had a good conversation while having tea and mooncakes. I shifted to various sitting positions as my thighs and legs hurt from the pressure of my weight.

Tao explained to Kai every detail of my situation and what exactly happened to me. He also mentioned that he was teaching me to be a fighter for my own safety, not touching the topic of my so called revenge.

“So... how's Tao being your master?” Kai asked when he noticed that I'm getting bored just sitting and sipping my cup of tea.

“Better than nothing...” I joked earning a glare from my ever protective panda beside me. Kai chuckled on my sly comment. But after that, his expression turned serious, so abruptly that it seemed that a thought just crossed his mind. He cleared his throat and spoke.

“Anyways... I know that you're not here just to have chitchats or tell stories to me... so what is your business coming here? I know Tao won't personally see me if it's not important” his tone was cold and anticipating a huge favor.

“Well... you really know me Kim Jong In...” Tao paused when he felt my hand tapped his arm.

He gave me a questioning look but I didn't bother to answer the question that clouds his mind at the moment. Instead I took all my courage to explain to Kai the reason why were here.

“Ahmmm... Mr. Kim, I know that this will be a huge favor to ask but I think you're the only one who can make me the best to hold a bow and arrow...” I saw shock on Tao's face, maybe his not expecting me to be easily attached to archery just seeing Yu Ren's blood red bow in the museum.

“What do you mean?” I saw interest on Kai's piercing gaze.

“I thought you just want to hear the story of Ren from him... why so sudden? Archery is not that easy compare to any other weapon practices...” Tao interrupted but I just gave him a convincing stare.

Tao's right, I know, but there is something on archery that makes me drawn to learn how it is done. Aside from the fact that Yu Ren was an archer.

“So... you want to learn archery from me?” Kai asked to further clear my intentions.

“Yes... It will be a pleasure to be your student Master Kim Jong In” I said bowing formally to him.

“Oh... stop doing that Ren... you're making his head bigger...” Tao whined and pulled my shoulders to sit up.

I saw Kai grinning but it didn't bother me, instead I shoot a serious glare on him. His face straightened and his eyes still contained interest. Does that mean he'll accept me as his student. After a few seconds, he sighed returning a serious gaze.

“I will be pleasured to be your Master if you'll tell me your real name...” I gawked at him a little shock and eyed Tao. Tao did not mention my true name in the long conversation they had, maybe he's also taking cautions.

“Is that still necessary Kai? Or maybe because...” Tao was halted by the fierce look sent by Kai to him like he was shooting daggers to kill Tao.

“It is necessary Huang Zi Tao...” He briefly said and turned his gaze to me.

I tried to swallow the lump that formed in my throat before telling my real name. Should I said it? Taking the fact the Tao took cautions not to mention my name to him, a question popped in my head. Can I trust him? Then I sighed, trying to convince myself to trust people. I also considered that Kai was living in China, so no way in hell he will try to go back to Korea just to reveal my identity. I faced him with all confidence and trust that he will be the best to teach me archery.

“I am Hwang Seolrae...” I said waiting for his reaction.

“Okay... so I will be the teaching the missing princess...” he calmly said not having any tension at all.

“How can you be calm as that? Are we sure that you're not even telling your relatives in Korea about this?” Tao shrieked with hint of grimace not expecting his reaction.

“Why should I? Do they have good reasons like accepting me back to be part of the family again, if I tell them who and where can they found the princess? Of course none... Tao you know why I'm here in China...because of them...” he bitterly replied and sipped from his cup.

My mind began to cloud with thoughts but not about exploring Kim Jong In's private or personal life but the thought of how he knew the news of the missing princess of Korea. Is Uncle Sunggyeol that desperate to find and kill me that's why the news also reached China?

“Excuse me... but how did you know the news about me missing princess?” I asked anxiously with the thought that maybe while walking or having my physical slash emotional slash spiritual therapy here in China, I was already found by Uncle Sunggyeol.

“Some of Sunggyeol's men where delivering letters to few families here in China who knows the royal family in Korea and asking for help and cooperation to find the princess, of course showing his most concern, but I doubt it so I did not mind to reply on his request... and I think he's getting really excited and anxious to get the throne for his son...” he explained what's happening and laid few of his assumptions.

“Are you sure you're not taking his side?” Tao asked playing with some strands of his hair looping them on his index finger.

“I'm not taking sides Tao because I'm already living a peaceful and normal life... I don't want to be involved on businesses that won't help me either... so if you're that suspicious then you shouldn't have come to me and ask for this teaching favor” he smirked a little.

Of course he have a point, I should not ask him to be my teacher if I doubt him. Do I really doubt him? My mind tells to take cautions and don't trust him easily but my heart was sure that we can trust him. Tao was about to exchange points with Kai that I supposed to result on some heated conversations so I spoke and confirmed my interest to be his student, that I completely trust him.

“I trust you and I'm confident that you'll be teaching me the best that you can when it comes to archery...” I said preventing my lips to quiver.

I don't know if it's a right decision but I'm holding to my instinct that Kim Jong In is a man to trust. I saw his mouth stretch upward to a grin, there is something in his eyes that tells you to stay away from him and don't invade his personal space but there is also a portion that shows interest to things. I don't know if I will be scared or brave to know him more, or just the mixture of two.

“So when will we start the lessons and training then?” I was interrupted from my thoughts when he spoke and lightly slammed the tea table.

We got into the car, at last where going home. I few minutes later the car stopped in front of a salon. I stared at Tao questioningly. He didn't bother to explain instead he pulled me harshly out of the car entering inside the salon.

Tao was sitting quietly just waiting for the stylist to finish murdering my face and hair. He curled my hair, big enough to look bouncy. The stylist put a light make up that matches the blood red lipstick he glided on my lips. I tried asking Tao why we're here when we were just going home. I don't need this makeover when we're just heading home, eating a sumptuous dinner and then laying on bed to sleep. But he did not reply, no words even reaction at all.

When it was finished Tao had a little conversation with the stylist then pulled me back to the car again. Were now again driving to I don't no where. Then, we stopped to a clothes store. I stared and raised a brow to him, still no reaction or word to explain this thing.

I was dragged by a girl with small eyes in front of the fitting room handing various dresses. I was tired getting inside and out of the fitting room until Tao gave two thumbs up on a cream fitting dress with length just above my knee, made of lace and satin that exposed my shoulders. I like how it was simply decorated by sparkling beads on it's side forming a figure that I assumed as a water lily. Also, I love how it complemented the fierce color of my lips. The heels were also blood red which I supposed to be adding five inches to my height.

He handed me a bag with same color as my lips and wore a garnet necklace on my neck. But I made a quick pause when a thought crossed my mind. Where on earth we are going?