Chapter XXIII

I Love My Assassin


The kiss I shared with Luhan was sweet but craving. How come an innocent faced like him could gave a kiss that will make me blush like this? I hastily turned away from him when his breath touch my ear as he whispered the words “I missed you”.

Holding my chest and still hearing the fast beat of my heart, I turned to face him and saw him casually run his fingers through his now unruly hair. I suddenly felt embarrassment as I realized what I have done to his finely fixed hair while we were kissing a minute ago.

“I'm sorry...” I mouthed sheepishly to him.

“It's alright... It was my fault...” he said smiling with his doe eyes sparkling with glee.

“No... it's not that, I mean your hair... I think I messed it” I retorted as I extend my arms to fixed his hair.

“No need...” he held my hand down and dug for his phone and took a look of himself then got a hankie from his pocket and glanced at me.

“But I think you're the one who needs to fix herself... let me help you” he sniggered and swiftly reach for the corner of my lips to wipe the smudge of lipstick.

I averted my gaze from his now red lips and just point it out to make my emphasis to him. He just smiled and dabbed the hankie to his lips to remove it. After that little scene, we're back to silence, well a not very good idea to do in front of the comfort room.

“I think we should go back now... they might think we're doing something...” I softly said to prevent awkwardness but he's just staring at me with a plastered smile on his face. Then, he sighed audibly getting my attention.

“I agree... they will think that we have done something...” he emphasized and started walking.

Luhan turned his back at me and walk away, that made me a bit disappointed and I bet it was clearly displayed on my face while I tap my foot slowly on the floor, where my attention was.

“Don't gave me that look... I'm heading first 'cause they might think that something happened...” he said teasingly displaying a smirk on his innocent face.

Oh yes... He was right... I slapped my cheeks when he was out of the area then I decided to get the lip gloss again to have a quick glide on my lips. I fixed myself and headed back to the table.


“What took you so long?” Auntie Yifei asked as I sat on my seat, silently eyeing the silent Luhan.

Oh brother... I haven't thought of a good reason for this. I let out I few ahmms before I came out with a not so good reason.

“Ahmmm.... I bumped onto someone and we had a few chats... in the comfort room...” I anxiously said while fixing my dress.

Auntie Yifei nodded but I think she's not convinced and Chen gave me a teasing smile or a teasing smirk. Lay and Xiumin had their smiles, Tao was quiet and Luhan silently bit his lip.

“Well... well... Tao told us that you'll having an archery training from Kim Jong In...” Aunti Yifei mentioned changing the subject.

“Ah that... it was an abrupt decision but I think I can manage to learn it somehow...” I replied with assurance.

“What? With Kai?” I heard a grimace on Luhan's voice.

His remark got all our attention, so all eyes are on him now. His eyes widened with our reactions that's questioning him what is the problem.

“Wait... Don't give that look... I didn't say that Kai is not good at that... actually he's excellent on archery... but... Kai is...” he paused thinking for a good word maybe.

“Kai is?” Xiumin and Lay coed.

“Well... a great teacher and he can teach you well... that's it” he just said and stared on the central stage watching the girl play the huge harp.

“Sshh... but you sound insincere hyeong...” Chen hissed and sipped on his drink.

“Okay... enough of that and just finish your food and we'll be going to Xiumin's rest house... for tonight” Aunti Yifei declared excitedly and started eating her pudding.

“Umin-sshi, you have a house here... I thought you were Korean?” I stupidly asked.

“When I met and became friends with them, since they were mostly from China, I requested to my father to have... you know...a rest house here...” he explained earning an oh-expression from me in response and I proceeded eating my ice cream.


Xiumin's rest house is huge with wide arch wooden gate. As we entered the house, we were greeted by few caretakers of it. Not like any house it was designed differently, it was structured like a cylinder and it's very artistic.

Its interior was painted in fresh mint green while all furniture and appliances were in shades of wooden brown to black. The floor was made of wood and elevated more or less 15 inches from the ground. It was like a Japanese traditional house.

Removing my killer heels and placing it on the rack, I excitedly stepped on the brown Tatami mat. I can't hide the excitement on my face. Tao had some change on his mood and he's now laughing on Chen's lame joke. Lay and Auntie Yifei continued scanning the place and praising its interiors. Luhan was quietly removing his shoe while I enjoyed the earthy scent of the house.

“Welcome to our rest house!” Xiumin formally welcomed us with a big smile on his face after talking to some of his maids.

“Thank you for inviting us here, my little steam bun, this house is so beautiful” Auntie Yifei praised nearly shrieking while pinching Umin's cheeks lightly.

“Perhaps... you're all tired... so they will accompany you to your rooms... good night everyone...” Xiumin's voice was really soft and he's smile doesn't leave his lips while gesturing to his maids.

Echoes of good nights from everyone filled the house and we're all brought to our rooms. Unfortunately, Luhan and my room were opposite each other on the far end of the rows of rooms.

“Ahmm... Luhan... good night...” I softly said stealing a look of his back.

“Good night...” he huskily said waving a hand but he didn't bother to glance at me.

I slid the door close and leaned on it for a minute with disappointment on my face. But when I saw the king size mint-colored futon laid on the floor with a nice thick brown blanket and fluffy pillows, my expression suddenly turned into a big smile.

It was really inviting but my body craves for a hot bath before going to sleep. Then I realized I have nothing to wear for the night. I saw a wooden closet and opened it in hopes that it contains something that I can wear for the night because there's no way I'm wearing this dress into sleep.

“Please... please...” I mouthed holding the closet's handle getting ready to open it.

Then... wow... Xiumin is so amazing, he prepared everything, well I guess not him him but his maids. The closet contains a set of sleeping clothes, a pajama and plain white shirt with undies and of course something to wear for tomorrow I guess, a printed white shirt and a pair of plain black yoga pants with undies.

“Perfect, I can have a nice shower!” I yelled and grabbed the thick towel on the bottom of the closet. I'm so excited to see the beauty of the bathroom.

When I open the door, smell of rose and jasmine surprised my senses. The bathroom was not that big but enough to have a shower, a toilet seat and a small bathtub. The color is the same, mint green and wooden brown. I also noticed a small bamboo plant on the sink.

I filled the tub with warm water and poured a rose scented liquid soap in it. I was humming a happy song while undressing and then I'm ready to soak my whole body to the warm water.


After 30 minutes, I went out of the bathroom and dress up. I turned off the light just leaving a small lamp and laid down on the futon sheets. It smelled nice, the scent of lavender was calming my whole body but how come I can't sleep. My body was so tired but my mind was so disturbed. I sighed and tried to close my eyes and sleep but all I can do was to shift into different positions then got tired of it and sat up.

Is it Luhan who bugs my mind? After that kiss we're fine I guess... but when we talked about the thing that I seek Kai's help in learning archery, he became silent and timid.

“What's your problem Luhan?!” I stressfully ran my fingers to my hair thinking of the best way to end this whole lot of thinking just to have a peaceful sleep.

“Okay, okay... I know what to do... I just got to talk to him as soon as possible and soon is... now...” I did sound crazy talking to myself but I think it's crazier to be standing in front of Luhan's room right now.

To knock or not to knock. Seriously? I'm debating to myself about this... Am I going crazy? I stood in front of his door for a minute before I finally decided on what to do. I knocked on his door, hoping that he's still awake.

The door slid open revealing a sleepy Luhan with eyelids half close. Guilt consumed me when I saw him, I think I just disturbed his good night sleep.

"I'm sorry... Did I just disturbed you? If I am then... I'll be going back to my room" I said with guilt, obviously not wanting to meet his eyes.

"What's the problem?" He softly said, showing a hint of concern then I felt his hand my cheek.

I stared at him, his eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his eyes were questioning. I cleared the lump that just formed in my throat and answered his question.

"Luhan... I'm just bothered by thoughts that you're sort of angry at me and I can't fall asleep thinking about that... so I just thought that talking to you would be the best thing to do... but if you don't want it's okay" I said bowing my head, suggesting that I did not mean to disturbed him.

I did not get a reply but he pulled me inside his room and close the door. I gulped as I tense up because of his sudden action.

"If you're worried that I'm mad at you...I'm not...just always remember that I cannot be mad at you at all cause..." he coolly said as he sat on the futon sheets. He tapped the space beside him gesturing me to sit and what's surprising is...I sat.

"But why are quiet after the talked about Kai?" I asked, he paused with the mention of Kai's name but he manage to give me an answer.

"I'm not against Kai teaching you archery but the thing is you'll be interacting with him more so..." he paused again. Is he jealous of the fact that I will spend much time with Kai?

"Maybe I'm just jealous that you got to spend more time with him... while me... will be going back to Korea tomorrow..." he continued as if answering my thought. But wait... they will go back tomorrow?

"You'll be going back tomorrow? but why? I mean we just see each other about 3 hours ago and you're going back tomorrow?" I asked multiple questions at a time and I bet I look like an idiot asking him about his own business.

He flicked my forehead lightly and smile.

"You don't have to do that..." I scowled and rubbed my forehead.

"I need to do that because you look awful" he chuckled nonchalantly.

"Anyways why are you going back tomorrow?" I asked still rubbing my forehead.

"Well... basically because we have nothing to do here... we had visit our relatives and we already saw you... that's why..." he casually said then he lay down on the futon sheets.

I felt sad for a moment but I hid my face from him so he'll not notice it. I really want to be near him because I forget the hurt and anger I'm feeling towards Kris when he's by my side. I think he noticed that I was silent after he said his reasons, so he did the talking.

"I know that we just see each for almost 3 hours but don't you think we can extend that" his voice was slightly anxious with his suggestion.

"What do you mean?" I eyed him and noticed that he was directly staring at the ceiling.

"You know... this futon sheet is wide... well...I'm thinking if you could sleep with me?" he slowly said but a little direct.

"What? You ert!" I yelled at him and hastily went back to my room.

I laid on the sheets and snuggled under the blanket. My cheeks were flushing red and I felt my body temperature just rose. What the hell is he thinking?! I'm not that kind of woman. I thought while clinching on the thick blanket.

I heard the door slid open and saw Luhan entering the room with a pillow. He closed it and walked towards me.

"It's not what you think okay... I just wanted to sleep as in sleep with eyes closed beside you... nothing more..." he said chewing his lips.

What? Oh my gosh... Did I just thought differently? I sat up and faced him... might as well apologize about thinking badly of him.

"Oh...I'm sorry...I just thought a different thing..." I apologized with so much embarrassment evident on my voice.

"It's fine...Can I lay down now?" he said while grinning.

"Of course you can..." I lowly said and moved a little to my left to give him space.

He neatly place his pillow and lay down straightly under the blanket. I found myself doing the same though it felt awkward that I'm sleeping with a man.

"Good night... Princess Seolrae..." he said while his eyes were already close. I saw his hand lying down outside the blanket and I felt the urge to hold it.

"Lulu... can I... hold your hand?" I asked shyly while staring at his close eyes.

"Ah...hmm..." he hummed in reply.

I slowly reached for his hand and held it gently. Luhan interlaced our fingers and tightened his hold. I felt his warmth travel to mine with this connection. I felt protected with this little but tight holding hands and a bit special with Luhan beside me.

"Good night Lulu..." I sweetly mouthed. He squeezed my hand lightly and I saw a small smile form on his lips. I think I'm growing to like or love you Luhan.


Thank you very much for subscribing. Comments are very welcome ^^

Love  Lots!