Chapter XVII

I Love My Assassin

The moonless night was calm and the wind blowing the silk curtain from the open window brought cold and refreshing breeze inside my room of mess. Open suit case and scattered garments on the floor and few stuff on the bed and the tea table, my room was a complete mess like my mind.

I don't know what, where and how to start packing things up for the flight to China, so to accomplish my agenda to pack up, I sat on the edge of the bed, close my eyes and clear my mind. First things first, remove all unneeded thoughts and reserve them for the ultimate meditation in China.    

Then, there I go, started picking up what should I bring and what should I not. I zipped my suitcase and glanced at my room, it just took a little concentration to fix things and tidy the room that I will miss for a year.    

"Saranghae...saranghae...saranghae..." I hummed while laying on my bed, drawing hearts on the cotton cover.    

"Princess... I think I love you... that was what he said, Luhan said he loves me..." I uttered still drawing hearts.    

I felt my cheeks heat up again and I can't prevent myself to cuddle them while thinking about him. But every time I will think of feelings or love, my chest just hurts and my eyes were getting heavy and hot as if it will flood with tears. I'm still not ready yet, I will always conclude.    

While having daydreams the sliding door opened, it was my most caring panda. He was carrying a tray of biscuits and a teapot surrounded by two small green tea cups.    

"So you're ready to go?" he asked looking at my suit case.   

 I just nodded as he entered the room and place the tray on the tea table near the open window.    

"I brought you some dew drop tea and vanilla creamed biscuits prepared by Lady Min" he said while pouring some tea on the cups.    

"Thanks, that would help..." I said and stood from my bed.    

"What do you mean? Don't tell me Luhan have given you disturbing thoughts?" Tao calmly said and sat on the soft cushion over the tatami mat.
    

I sat across the table and held the tea cup bringing it towards my side.    

"Do you have some kind of mental telepathy? Tell me the truth, you can really read minds, right? Or maybe you can go back to the past?" I joked giving him a faked laugh.    

"It's not that... I just knew things..." he said and drunk the tea from his cup.    

"Well it gives me creeps..." I said and munch some biscuits.   

Tao and I had some small talks while enjoying our teas. We haven't talked this much since we met each other. I'm really glad that Lady Yifei and Tao were the ones who saved me from that river and the death situation. I'm happy that they were supporting on things I wanted to do and going to do, I'm really lucky that I have them as my family now.    

"Tao, before we leave in the afternoon tomorrow, I want to visit their graves in the morning, please?..." I asked and gave him a wide smile while waiting for his approval. 

"Fine... but make sure that you'll be safe okay..." he said, arranging the cups and teapot back to the tray.    

"Always..." I assured.    

"If you're going in the morning, you better take a rest now... remember you'll wake up early tomorrow..." he said.    

"Yes Master..." I said bowing my head to him.    

"Okay...Have a good night" he said and left, carefully closing the sliding door.


I tucked my blanket just below my chin and closed my eyes, even trying to sleep was difficult. I wished that for my last night here, those soft caressing hands would be there to let me sleep without worries of anything.    

I felt someone sat on the bed, pressing the mattress slightly. His voice was soft and was serenading a beautiful calm tune while gently touching my hair. 

(Neoui sesangeuro yeah, yeorin barameul tago, yeah
Ne gyeoteuro eodieseo wannyago
Haemarkge mutneun nege bimirira malhaesseo
Manyang idaero hamkke georeumyeon
Eodideun cheongugilteni)

"Thank you so much..." I uttered before I fell asleep. 

 


“Father…” I tried to speak but it’s inaudible to hear, I tried again. 

“Father…” but my voice doesn't come out.
My eyes widen in shock when an arrow struck the lower portion of his body, my father took a single breath and uttered one word. 

“Run!” I hesitated to leave him, but as I hear footsteps coming, my feet moved and I run as fast as I can, the thick haze still give me chills and tears started to cloud my vision, my feet felt the hardness of the ground as hot tears escape from my eyes.

"Appa!" I jolted up from bed.    

I heard the loud slam of the door and Tao came rushing in.    

"What happened? Are you alright?" he asked almost breathless.    

I rubbed my eyes and felt something wet on them that I suspected to be tears. I wiped them away.    

"Don't worry Tao... It's just a dream..." I said forcing a smile on my lips.    

"Ah thank goodness... I thought you are going to be kidnapped with that scream..." he heaved a sigh and smiled at me.  

"I'm completely fine so... go back to what were you doing a while ago and I'll prepare myself for breakfast" I said while fixing the bed.

When Tao left I opened the closet to choose the garment I will wear for a visit to my mom and dad and a little stroll to downtown. I chose a comfortable blue cotton dress with purple butterfly prints as accent. Then I had my hot bath.


The breakfast was sumptuous, honey glazed Korean beef spiced with fragrant rosemary, and a cup fruits froze with cream.     

Lady Yifei was silently sipping her tea with plastered smile on her lips. Tao immediately left the table after eating and was now busy in his room preparing for the flight.

"Do you like the food?" she asked.

"Of course... Auntie Yifei, you really are good in cooking..." I said praising her    

"I'll accept the compliment but Tao woke up early and  cooked it for you..." she said grinning.   

"Oh... I'm sorry Auntie Yifei if I have a hard time distinguishing your cooking with Tao's" I said and embarrassingly drank my tea.    

"So your going to visit your mother and father, you better go now so you won't be late for our departure, you know Tao, he's time conscious and please be careful Princess..." she said smiling at me.