Chapter XV

I Love My Assassin

 

When our lips parted, I felt my cheeks heat up when our eyes met. I quickly bowed my head down and wipe off the tears on my cheeks and ran away leaving him on his phase. I ran away to enter my room. I grabbed the blanket, preceded to the corner of the room and wrapped myself and started to cry again. I slapped my cheeks to stop my eyes from crying, but damn, it has no use at all.

“Ah!!! Kris is not that important alright, please self…Stop crying!” I yelled as I continued to sob.

I cried and cried until I felt someone brush my hair making me sleepy, it was the usual calming touch that makes me calm down and surrender, at that point my own body gave in, though I wanted to know who was this person.  Then I felt someone lifted me from the corner and laid me on the bed.

It was 7:00pm when I woke up and I can feel the heaviness of my puffy eyes. I fixed myself and went outside to the dining area to check on Auntie Yifei and Tao but before I enter the room I heard them talking about something.

“So… the princess was really hurt?” Aunt Yifei asked.

“I guess so…” Tao briefly said.

“Oh by the way… Tao honey, don’t forget about the trip to China next week” Aunt Yifei reminded.

“About that Mother… I don’t want to come and stay for a year, especially when the princess is at this state…I don’t want to abandon her…” Tao said lowly.

I heard Auntie Yifei laugh a little.

“My honey was getting older and older every day, I’m so happy that you’re becoming a man” she said and giggled again.

I heard Tao complained and then I found my time to enter since my stomach was growling because of hunger. They were both shock seeing me but Aunt Yifei smiled at me and gestured  me to sit on the vacant seat. I sat on the seat and started pouring some tea on my cup as I wait for my food to be served.

“Are you okay now, Princess?” Aunt Yifei asked.

I just nod my head then I remembered their planned trip to China. I know myself and I know that I can’t get over it after a nap. So this is it, I have decided and thought of it, I don’t want to see him until I moved on or forget this feeling.

“Ahmm… Auntie Yifei?” I started.

“Hmmm?” she hummed while stirring her cup of tea.

“About the China thing?” I asked.

“So, you’ve heard of it, well I guess I’m going alone since Tao was thinking about you’re welfare…” she teasingly smile making Tao stare at her with stop-that-mother look on his face.

“Auntie you’re not going alone… I want to go to China and stay there for as long as you’ll be there” I declared.

Tao stared at me with shock on his face while Auntie Yifei was smiling.

“I think she had made up her mind…so…are going with us Tao or you will be left here?” Auntie Yifei asked holding her laughter.

“Of course I’m going if the princess is going…” he said shyly.

I smiled at him , my caring panda was really supportive. My smile extended when I remembered the things that he had done to me. He was the one who saved my life and my only gentle teacher.

“But how about the others’ training?” I asked when the thought of the other co-trainees puffed in my head.

“It’s okay… when you compare the ability they needed than that of the ability you need for the plan of yours they’re good already…for that matter I can still train you when we reach China, considering that we will stay there for a year… and by that I guess you can move on…” he clarified.

I was struck on the last sentence, yes, that was a great time and a great option.

“Yes of course…” I said sarcastically slapping his arm slightly.

“So it was all settled then… I will send a decline on the invitation of the Wu’s and Tao please tell this thing to your friends alright…” Lady Yifei happily said clapping childishly.


The next day Tao announced the China thing, luckily Kris did not attend the training on that day. I saw their sad faces after that.

Xiumin and Chen approached me after and treated me out to talk about random things. You won’t think these guys were royals because when they’re outside they act like ordinary citizen eating in a not so fancy restaurant like this but don’t get me wrong the food was delicious.

“Ren… I know that you don’t want to talk about this or shall I say about him but can I ask you a few questions regarding that topic” Xiumin carefully asked.

When I didn’t respond I saw Chen slapped Xiumin’s hand and Xiumin gave a sorry look. I sniggered at his cute act and pinched his chubby cheeks.

“It is fine, don’t worry you can ask anything even about that matter…” I said.

“Are you sure?” Chen asked confirming.

“Of course!” I confirmed.

“So, is Kris the reason of this sudden decision?” Xiumin asked acting like a detective with his legs crossed and serious face.

“Kind of?” I said while twitching eyebrows.

“Did you, at any point, you know… love him?” Xiumin asked again tucking his chin with his thumb and index finger.

“Kind of?” I said with uncertainty.

“HUH… what kind of answer is that?” Chen sighed and sipped on his cup of tea.

Xiumin grabbed another piece of steamed bun and munched it.

“If that’s the case you better go to China and clear that mind and heart of yours…” Xiumin said pointing to my head and chest.

“Or better yet have some advice from a love expert like me…maybe you’ve just mistaken a simple infatuation with love or maybe you just have a crush on Kris…” Chen suggested.

“You? A love expert? Are you sure of that Chen?” Xiumin mockingly said.

Chen raised an eyebrow.

“Are you testing me?” Chen disputed.

“Well you know I’m just confirming, I didn’t say you’re not…” Xiumin emphasized.

“Alright stop now guys, this conversation was not going any far… Let’s just eat the food is getting cold” I spoke to stop them.

After eating we strolled a bit and they dropped me home a few minutes before sunset. When they left, I felt loneliness again. So, to prevent myself from crying I closed my eyes and felt the cold breeze that was hugging my body. I can only hear the soft drizzle of the wind that was lingering my ears when I felt a hot sensation on my ear lobe.

“Princess please don’t go…” I hear his voice whisper in my ear triggering me to open my eyes. But he placed his hand over my eyes and pressed his body towards mine.

Who are you? Don’t make me guess. I don’t want to disappoint you with my expectation that you are the “someone” who has been the reason why I cry. 


update ^^

Thanks so much for subscribing ^^