Chapter XIX

I Love My Assassin

     

My one month in China was not easy, I need to practice their language and their  customs but Auntie Yifei and Tao were there for me. Tao brought me to temples to relieve emotional and spiritual distress while Auntie Yifei joined me to some spas and sauna houses to have physical relief.

Today we're going to the memorial museum of the Huang's in China. It is the Huang's custom to burn the remains of their love ones who passed away and put them into traditional molded urns and placed them inside their memorial museum.

Not only remains but some ancestral items were also kept inside the museum. Before we entered the museum Tao offered a prayer, I guess I'm still learning things.


The place was not scary, the more right term would be sacred as if spirits still dwells inside and protecting the place.


"Good day Master Tao and you must be Lady Ren..." an old lady in her fifty's greeted. I bowed to her as a sign of confirmation that she was right.


"Ren this is Mistress Zijun, she's the shaman of this town and she's staying here to take care of the museum, she also accepts visitors to do fortune telling and advices for luck" Tao introduced.
    

Tao and I decided to have a look inside the weapons room first.


"The Huang's really owns a lot of fine molded swords and katanas, so cool..." I praised as I turned around scanning the rooms of weapons but there's one weapon that caught my attention.


"Tao, who owned this bow and set of arrows?" I asked, aside from it's the only bow and arrow inside that room of almost swords and blade weapons, the bow was beautifully carved and painted blood red with a string made from horse tail and some gold accents.


"Oh I forgot to say that she's the only archer of the family, my cousin... Huang Yu Ren" he said and stared at me.


"You mean... she really existed?" I was shock that I carry a name of a true person, I thought that Untie Yifei and Tao were just inventing things to protect my identity.


"Yeah, she existed, Yu Ren was a brave girl and the only girl born in my generation... that's why my other male cousins including me were shock when she planned to be an archer when we're all having blade as weapons... she's good, very good but she died at a young age...fifteen" Tao nostalgically narrated.


"Why what happened?" I asked, I should better know what was the background of Yu Ren since I'm ussing her name pretending that she's still existing.


"I think I'm not in the position to tell a story that I myself never witnessed, I know one person who can tell you that story instead, would you like to meet him today, by the way he's also Yu Ren's master in archery though he was a year younger than me, so let's go..." he said preparing himself to leave. 


"Wait Tao... can I meet Yu Ren, I mean... can I offer a prayer to her and give her thanks? And you haven't brought me to the rooms of the burial urns...please..." I pleaded and when he nodded I gave him a wide smile.


Each urn was carved differently from one another with chinese characters that I suspected to be their names. There were also pictures framed in antique picture frames in each urn, well not each but the latest ones.


"Tao since when your family started collecting these burial urns? There's to many of them..." I asked trying to find the possible picture of Yu Ren.


"My family started this stuff during Ming Dynasty, that's why... That is Yu Ren" Tao pointed a picture of a girl with long black hair and natural red full lips. Her eyes were dark and smaller than mine but she's still beautiful.


I offered a prayer and thanked her. After that Tao and I lighted some incense sticks on the center of the room, the burning sticks smelled like burning cherry blossom oil, very fragrant. Before we left, Tao had a little conversation with Mistress Zijun. I saw her staring at me while muttering something to Tao, that made me a bit scared of her.

 



Tao said that if I'm really interested to know the story of Yu Ren there's only one person he knew that knows the whole story. I insisted that he should tell me instead, since it might be waste of time translating every word Yu Ren's master will tell us to Korean language, since learning Chinese  language was a bit difficult if you're not a native speaker.


But Tao said that there's no waste of time since this friend of his was a Korean so there's no translation event happening with that I sat comfortably and waited until we arrived in front of a huge black and white gate.


Some servants assisted us when we entered the gates.


"Good afternoon, where is your Master?" Tao asked one of the lady servants.


"On the archery field Master Tao, shall we you there?" the servant asked.


"Thank you so much but we will go there on our own..." he said an pulled me to come with him.


I saw a man, obviously younger than Tao, he had bronzed skin that perfectly complements his black traditional garment. He was carefully aiming for the target then when he freed the arrow it was a perfect bull's eye.


The man noticed us and immediately beamed when he saw Tao they both run to to each other.


"Tao! Long time no see!" the man yelled and they both hugged each other, just brotherly hug.


"I missed you bro, how are you? By the way, I want you to meet someone... Ren" Tao patted the man's back.


"Ren?" the man's face showed curiosity.


"It's a long story, come meet her..." Tao said and then they walked towards me.


The man's face became more visible, he was handsome, plump lips, expressive eyes and cool aura. I froze on my position just staring at his figure. I was back to my senses when Tao spoked.

 
"Ren...meet Kai, I mean Kim Jong In..."


Thanks so much, I love you all :*

 KAI and Tao for the next chapters hehehe....

Annyeong!