Chapter II

I Love My Assassin

   

“Lady Ren, Master Tao and Lady Yifei were already waiting for you”, I completed my hot bath, rose up and covered my slender body with a towel. I opened the sliding door of my bathroom, dried my smooth skin and wore a traditional clothing.

I faced the mirror and my face.

“I’m not Hwang Seolrae anymore, I’m Huang Yu Ren” I fixed my hair to a bun and put a lime green hair accessory on it.

“Lady Min…” she opened the door and bowed to me.

“Please do accompany me to where they are and thank you so much” I smiled and bowed to her.

“This way Lady Ren” she walked ahead and I followed her smoothly.

I will be attending my father’s burial in the palace and I guess it’s not just a burial. I know Uncle Sunggyeol was up to something.

“We’re here” She bowed and I did also, she left me and I entered the room silently.

“Are you ready Ren?” Lady Yifei smiled at me and stood up, Tao followed her.

“Yes Auntie Yifei, I’ll feed the fire they ignited” I smirked. Tao stared with those cold eyes.

“Then we should go now, just don’t be too much histrionic when you see your father” he started to walk ahead of us.

Of course Tao, I’m a new being now, different from the pitiful and weak princess I used to be, I thought and followed them.

A team of guards were groping every person entering the gates of the palace, carefully examining their family badges and the letter from Uncle Sunggyeol. It’s our turn, Lady Yifei presented the letter and their family badge, its shape is circle, engraved with a Tiger figure on its red stone. Tao pushed me to enter the gates but the guards examined me intently.

They interrogated Tao since I appeared to be some different face but he briskly explained that I’m his cousin from China. I noticed a couple of men swarm from the corner then my eyes widened in recognition, those were Uncle Sunggyeol’s men. I started to grow uneasy and Tao noticed it, his cold stare turned to their direction.

His eyes widened and he immediately clutched my hand and pulled me. I relaxed a bit because of his distinct warmth. I really felt so protected when he held my hands. Upon entering the gates he covered my head with a piece of blue silk so that I can’t gain too much attention. I swiftly marched behind their backs to follow them, since the palace was a life size maze. I didn’t imagine how I survived here, maybe it’s the fact that I barely go out.

Few more minutes of struggling through the life size maze, we soon arrived on an open area. Families from different respected lineages were present wearing their most elegant traditional garment as if they’re attending a royal party and not a burial. They were all complete strangers to me, even Uncle Sunggyeol’s face was not familiar either, like them I just know them by name but fail to figure out their faces.

Prince Sunggyeol came out from the interior house of the palace and he seated on the intended seat made for him. He signaled the palace guards to let out my father’s remains. I clinched my fist, not taking my eyes off on every scene. My father was surrounded by white flowers, as he was placed on the carriage, the crowd started to bow except for me.

I remained frozen on my position, biting my lower lip to prevent the tears that I suppose to hide, when Tao moved my head down to bow. Good thing he did that. Tears trailed out of my eyes, even though I tried to be strong and tough I’m still the weakling princess who’ll cry for her lost beloved.

After I guess a minute of honoring my father, mass of people raised their heads as the carriage passed till it reached the open area’s gate. I kept my head down still bursting to tears, clinching the lower garment of my clothes.

“I said don’t be too histrionic” Tao said coldly but I felt his warmth enveloped my clinching hands. I raised my head, he looked at me and get a nice embroidered hankie from his pocket. He gently wiped the trails of tears on my cheeks then I heard the closing gate.

It is so sad father that your only daughter was not at your side till your remains were buried under the earth, I know you’re on my side and you know how I grieved for you. You raised me well to be the gentlest person possible and someone who’ll respect the gift of life, but for you I will take someone’s life. I calmed myself like how the others look and waited until Uncle Sunggyeol spoke.

“My people, since Queen Miyoung’s husband was dead and their daughter was nowhere to be found but ofcourse my men were still finding her for good, it’s time to introduced to you the most capable descendant of the throne, Princess Miyoon’s son and Queen Miyoung’s nephew, my son Park Chanyeol” Uncle Sunggyeol spoke but I hear whispers from some females whose age where I guess around Lady Yifei’s. I started to get curios. 

Mom has a sister? And I have a cousin how come? I thought.

Lady Yifei was shocked and I can’t figure out what’s bugging her mind but Tao remained still.

So this Park Chanyeol was the reason why Uncle Sunggyeol killed my dad and nearly killed me, so unscrupulous! I exclaimed on my mind.

The people were waiting for him to reveal his self, as no one comes out, Uncle Sunggyeol raised his voice and called him again, his voice was impatient right now.

Others started to utter comments that buzzed through my ears, the alliance of my Uncle Sunggyeol I guess, started to panic since there’s no Park Chanyeol coming out. I started to become interested and my lips curled to a smile.

That’s humiliating, thinking about it makes me want to spit out the devious laugh I’m holding at that point. But my smile was wiped out from my face as a tall figure emerged at my sight. My eyes narrowed as he walked to Uncle Sunggyeol’s side.

Tao was intently staring at me waiting for my reaction, but all he saw was anger. He closed his eyes and sighed. Upon hearing his deep sigh, I look at him as he opened his dark cold eyes. I gave him my signature sly smile again, but he did not return it and just focused himself on the guy in front.