Chapter XII

I Love My Assassin

 

Sehun dropped me to the flower parlor like the last time. But it was different this time since before he left he grabbed my hands and kissed both of it. My mind was traveling far away at the unusual heat that his lips sent to my now stiff body.

Why is this happening? Luhan and Kris were acting strange and now my downtown friend Sehun? Should I be happy or not? I thought as his lips caressed the back of my hands. I was back to reality when he spoke.

“Be careful Ren…I don’t want you to get hurt…” he smiled and cupped my hands. I just nodded at the sight of the guy in front of me.

“I got to be going now…” he said and let out my hand to bid goodbye.

“See you next time Sehun…” I said and a smile formed in my lips.

What’s happening to me? God, are you testing me how strong my heart is emotionally? Here I am again, talking to myself that I forgot about my agenda on the first place. After a few minutes, when my eyes reached the store sign “flower parlor” I snapped back and realized what am I supposed to do.

I opened the door and an angelic face welcomed me. He’s the guy with such an angelic smile, so handsome from the heavens but every time I saw him it gave me creeps though he really looks like the guy I knew before, the guy who’s very important to me next to my father.

“You seemed so happy today princess… two bouquets of tulips again?” he said and began to grab some fresh tulips from the basket.

“Ahmm…yes thank you” I said and erased the smile that’s still plastered on my lips that I practically didn’t notice. I started roaming around the place and was surprised at the antique framed painting hanging on the wall.

This is my mom… I uttered in my thoughts.

“That’s the late Queen Miyoung, isn’t she beautiful?” I held my chest when he suddenly showed up like a mushroom popping on the ground when there’s a thunderstorm.

“Yes…she’s beautiful, who painted it?” I asked him still staring at the work of art.

“Me…” he replied that made me stare to him in disbelief. He stared at me and chuckled at my reaction.

“You do not believe me aren’t you?” he spoke and chuckled again. I just gave him a face.

“I really painted it because you know I have this thing in arts and I really love painting since I was a child…and I really admire her” he explained while staring at painting.

“By the looks of it, it looks old…” I muttered.

“Yes I painted it when I was nine after the Queen died and I’m about to live the palace” he said.

“Awesome…you’re really talented in the arts… mentioning that you really arrange flowers that are quite artistic…” I muttered and he smiled in return.

“Can I touch it?” I asked and he just nodded.

Mother, you’re really beautiful…How are you? I hope your good up there, please send my regards to father. I uttered in my mind as I touch the painting, It seemed so alive.

“Well the bouquet is ready, I guess you should go now, anytime the sun will set and it will be dark” he said walking ahead to the counter and I followed him. I handed the payment and get the bouquets. Before I open the door I heard him said.

“Princess, be careful…”

What’s with that, all the people I met this day keep on reminding me to be careful. I thought as I walked on the road to the gravesite of my father and mother.

When I reached my parents tomb, I saw 2 candles and incense.

“So…Mom and Dad, Hyori had been visiting you, she’s really loyal to ours…” I muttered as I neatly placed the bouquets on their places.

I sighed as I stared on their graves and shut my eyes imagining that I’m beside them. The gust of wind was calming and quiet and all I can hear was the soft blow of it on my ears. I found myself enjoying the feeling of the cold wind that touches my skin. I smiled as an image of my mother and father flashed in my mind.

“I am strong, my walls won’t fall, I’ll do everything that I’ve planned especially for you father and anytime soon my training will end and everything would be according to my plans” I said, eyes still shut. My eyes opened when I heard a creaking sound.

“Who’s there?” I yelled. I walked slowly until I reached the largest gravestone.

I raised a brow, when I saw a white sleeve peeping out, I guess this one is not good in hide and seek, I thought and an idea popped out of my head. I pulled the tip of the shirt, revealing a smiling Luhan.

(Luhan’s POV)

“That’s Ren! What is she doing here?” I muttered as I saw Ren walked out from the flower shop. I followed her until I we reached a graveyard.

My eyes widened as I saw her visit the grave of the late Queen and her husband. But why? I heard her utter something about a plan and he even called them Mother and Father, could it be possible that she is the Princess?

I peeked at her and saw her eyes shut and I thought that maybe this is the right time to go but I accidentally stepped on a twig again.

Seriously… this always happens when I’m in this kind of situation.I heard her shout.

“Yes…I’m doomed…” I whispered. My heart was beating fast and I don’t know what to do.

She’s a skilled fighter and I know that since I’m his sparring partner, am I going to be dead? I shivered on the idea. After a minute, someone pulled the sleeve of my shirt, My God this is the end of my life.

(End of Luhan’s POV)

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?” I shockingly said.

“Ahmm… I guess I’m going…” he uttered and about to go but I pulled the tip of his sleeve.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I said.

“Home?” he replied.

“What did you saw?” I asked.

“Everything?” he said uncomfortably.

“Say it!” I demanded. He jolted.

“Ahmm… that you’re visiting the grave of the Queen and his husband and you’re the princess, so Princess Seolrae is alive” he briskly said.

“So can I go now?” he asked.

“Of course not!” I replied.

He gulped and I guess he’s scared and I don’t want to see Luhan this scared but he’s adorable.

“Come here!” I screeched and pulled him to the grave of my mother and father.

“What am I going to do?” he asked.

“Since you know everything already, then promise them that you won’t spill anything!” I ordered him.

“O-okay…” he said.

“Hello Highnesses! I’m Luhan, I’m sorry about this… I promise…I won’t do any harm…” he said.

“Promise?” I asked.

“Yes promise! But are you really the princess?” he asked and I nodded in agreement.

I pulled him again after bidding my parents goodbye.

“What are you doing here in the first place?” I asked him while walking back to the downtown.

“Well that’s a long story…” he just said and stared at the ground while walking.

The whole walk was quite, Luhan didn’t even bother to talk to me until he said goodbye when we reached the Huang’s place. Tao was impatiently waiting at the gate and he got his serious look again, that’s usual.

Wait…how can I tell this thing to Tao?


short update^^