Chapter XIV

I Love My Assassin

 

We’ve been training for a week and I can say that everyone was progressing but something’s missing or I should say someone was missing. It was Kris he hasn’t attended for a week, I had asked Luhan, but he just said “I don’t know” even Tao and the others didn’t know where on earth he was.

Today my sparring partner was Luhan, at last he was my sparring partner because after a week he didn’t insist to be my sparring partner like he usually did, maybe because of the fact that he knew that I was the missing princess after all.

I got up from bed and had a nice bath. I opened the window of my room, the weather was fine but the sun was covered by thick rain clouds and displayed such gloomy mood. The air was heavy and a bit humid, this kind of weather made me want to cry.

I went out to have breakfast with Tao and Lady Yifei. I checked the dining area but unfortunately I didn’t found anyone there except for the food already served on the table. I had a quick breakfast and went out to the training room.  

On my way, I saw Lay and Xiumin chattering and when they noticed me they greeted me with obvious coldness.

“Ahmm… have you meet with Kris today?” Lay asked anxiously.

“I haven’t… Why?” I replied trying to catch his eyes but I couldn’t. I glanced at Xiumin but he just smiled at me half-heartedly and bowed his head down. After a few minutes of silence Lay managed to speak.

“Ah… see you later then… Chen is waiting for us…” Lay said and they walked towards another training room.

I heaved a sigh… What’s the problem? This day is so gloomy, even each people I met were down… I can feel emptiness.

I slowly opened the door and saw Luhan circling some bandage on his wrist his eyes were not the usual gentle dough eyes he displays, they were dark today. I jolted when he spoke.

“Have you seen Kris?”  he asked seriously not removing his attention on his wrist.

“What on earth is the problem with all of you?! You keep on asking if I saw or met Kris?!” I mockingly said.

My heart started to thump when I heard his footsteps coming to me. It increased its speed even more when I saw his eyes focused on mine and it were obviously firing with anger.

I was so focused on those eyes that I didn’t notice that he had cornered me with those sturdy arms of him. My back was glued on the wall as I forced myself away from him. I couldn’t move as he slowly narrowed the space between our faces. I can feel his warm breath which was somewhat inviting that made me stared on his pink plump lips as ideas formed in my mind.

I shook the idea out of my head and stared back to his eyes. I pursed my lips as I saw those eyes, it turned back to its gentleness. He moved even closer and our lips were few inches away, Is he going to kiss me?   I closed my eyes as an intense feeling rose inside my system. I know I’m ready to accept those warm lips but in my disappointment he reached for my ears and whispered.

“Please don’t cry Princess… I don’t want to see you hurting…” his husky voice and warm breath sent shivers to my body.

I’m going to ask him why but we’re interrupted by the creaking door showing the man I’ve been missing since I don’t know.

“Did I interrupt you guys?” he said holding his laugh but he’s eyes told me something different, it looks like it’s apologizing to me.

Then here comes this cold and gloomy aura again, Luhan’s eyes shifted back to darkness as he stared on Kris.

“Actually no---”

“Yes you’re interrupting our session…” Luhan cut my words.

“Luhan…” Kris uttered.

“Stop Kris… I can’t stand talking to you or even seeing you anymore… you don’t know how much pain it’ll cause but you still did it anyway… Tsk tsk, I’m out of here…” Luhan slightly bumped on Kris before he left the room.

“What is he talking about Kris?” I said smiling at him, he stared at me and smiled back but it was not his usual smile that will make you smile back to him widely, this smile was mixed with guilt.

“Ahmm… Ren can you come with me? I want to tell you something…” he said after sighing deeply.

“S-sure…” I replied uneasily then he gestured his hand waiting for me to hold it. I hesitantly accepted it feeling that something will happen if I come with him and hear the thing he’s going to say.

He brought me to the place he once brought me, the place that I grew to love. The fountain’s water was still dancing and the flowers were still at bloom, the difference was the weather and the way Kris acted towards me, it both showed me sadness and it made feel uneasy.

I walked towards the little pond and stared at my reflection on the water then I heard him walking towards me. The water displayed a beautiful image for me, me and beside me was Kris but I wish that his lips were smiling and not with a frown that showed that he’s somewhat disappointed.

“Ahm… Kris? By the way… what are you going to tell me?” I asked still staring at our reflection.

He inhaled a lungful of air and he seemed to be gathering the all possible strength he can have.

“I want to confess something to you… and I would like to apologize right before I said it… so I’m sorry…” he said also staring at the surface of the water.

“For what?” I managed to ask but I already have hunch on where this conversation was going.

“You know… I really like you… and that feeling was so true… I’m happy when I’m with you and also jealous when you’re quite close to the other guys to the point that I envy Tao… but…” he paused and took a lungful of air again.

I don’t know but this sudden confession of him made my chest heavy and I think it will explode any minute. I don’t know if it’s due to the point that he said that he like me or the word “but”. I don’t know if I’m going to be happy showing a big smile to him or will my tears will run down from my eyes.

“But what Kris?” I asked with a sarcastic tone.

“I’m a filial person and I let my family be authoritative to me… I value them so much that I can’t oppose to what they wanted for me… I mean…  I really like you to the point that I didn’t comply with what my parents wanted me to do… and tried to explore the feeling that sprouted inside my chest since the first time I saw you… I said that I will take my chances to you but then it was a wrong move, a wrong move because I’m just going to hurt you…and after this I know you’ll hate me…”

He sounded nostalgic that made me stare to the surface of the water and I saw tears flowing from his eyes. I tried not to cry but tears were forming and started clouding my eyes.

“I can’t understand you? How can you hurt me when all can you do was to make me happy?” I tried to speak as straight as possible but as tears dripped down to my cheeks my voice hitched every time I let out a word.

“I can hurt you because…” he paused again and glanced up to prevent another drops of tears from flowing down but he failed.

“Because?” I want to meet his eyes but I’m afraid that it might tell me the truth.

“Because… the truth was I’m really engaged with someone...” he straightly said but his voice was quivering.

“Huh?... Hahaha… Stop joking…” I stood and smacked his arm.

I was laughing sarcastically to prevent the tears from flowing from my eyes. I gave him another smack on his arm when he did not respond then I started crying like a child.

Oh God is this pain I’m feeling right now… Now I know the feeling of pain and this pain is hurting inside my chest…

“Are you okay?” he said then pulled me to a hug then I felt droplets of water on my skin it was raining. So the weather for today fits this effing confession…

“Do you think I’m okay! Well yeah I’m okay!” I yelled and slapped his chest trying to escape from his tight hug. When I escaped from it, I know it’s time to run away, to run away from a person that is special and important to you.

Chen! Xiumin! Lay! Tao! Luhan!... I yelled inside my head as sped off to nowhere when I accidently bumped on Luhan. Trickles of water dripped from my hair to my cheeks as hot tears flow from eyes which were already reddish.  I was about to ignore him but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a hug, a warm hug that calmed and enveloped my heart.

“Luhan…” I softly uttered while sniffling his manly scent.

“Ssshhh…” he hushed me while patting my head.

“Did I just say to you that you shouldn’t cry, princess…” he continued.

“But---” I was cut when he tucked my chin and lowered his face and now its inches away from me, I can feel his fresh warm breath that tickled my cheeks and nose.

“Luhan…” I uttered as a tear trickle down from eye.

“Princess… will you please forgive me I don’t want to see you hurting like this…” he said huskily then in an instant I felt his soft warm lips met mine. I was flabbergasted that my toes curled and my body froze.

(Luhan’s POV)

I was in my worst mood when I received the engagement invitation from the Wu’s. Kris was such a jerk. I thought that he loved Ren too much, but why? Why at the time like this when Ren had fell for him.

I punched the training room’s wall that made my wrist hurt a bit. This was really anger I’m feeling right now. I took a lungful of air to calm myself then I get the bandage to treat my damaged wrist. 

While bandaging my wrist I heard the door open, it was her and I guessed that she hadn’t had any idea about Kris’ engagement thing. I asked him if he saw Kris but she seemed irritated when she answered.

Then my anger rose again and I found myself walking towards her and cornering her. This girl in front of me was the first girl that I’m interested with... I saw nervousness in her eyes and from my dark aura, the gentle Luhan came back.

Then as I narrowed the space between us I saw her close her eyes and pursed those kissable lips of her. I swallowed the lump forming inside my throat…Ren being near me was my extreme weakness. So to interrupt my thoughts I reached for her ear and whispered.

“Please don’t cry Princess… I don’t want to see you hurting…”

Then Kris entered, the darkness enveloped me again. I just walked out to let them be, it was Kris’ problem after all but I’m really angry.

Why do love should be like this… why someone should be hurt and be sad, can love be just happiness and happiness only…but…on the second thought pain will make you realize your mistakes or learn some lessons… you just have to move on as time heals your wounds…

She was running when he bumped on me, I grabbed her wrist and pulled him into a hug. I see pain in her eyes and her body was cold including her heart. I know, because I can feel it while she was crying on my chest. I knew right this point that I can’t avoid this feeling.

Kris you’re so lucky the Princess cries because of you…

As she softly called my name, I had decided to lessen the pain and to catch her falling heart. As I dug her feelings inside by staring at her beautiful eyes, my body moved its own being dictated by my emotions then I found myself kissing her.

When our lips touched, I’m aware that I can’t resist or let go of her right know so I tried to invade her. I her lower lip and I guessed that she had just relieved from shock. When she closed her eyes and opened , I swiftly entered and explored her sweetness.

I didn’t expect that she would kiss me back passionately and emotionally.

I know that I’m starting to love her and starting to reach my limit…

(End of Luhan’s POV)


Update^^