Chapter X

I Love My Assassin

 

“I really don’t know what to say Kris…” my voice was shaking.

This is not good, my heart was racing.Is it even possible that he can hear my heart? if it’s possible then I’m doomed. I thought as he tightened the hug.

I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh as I smell his manly scent that lingers my nose. He released me. I’m kind of disappointed by his move but my soul totally left my body as he placed his lips on my forehead. Now, I’m frozen at my place. I stood still as he parted his lips from my forehead.

“Kris---” he placed his index finger on my lips and cut my words.

“I know what you want to ask” he said confidently while staring on my eyes intently.

“I really like you Ren” he said.

Is he confessing to me? I thought as I removed his finger away.

“Kris I---” I spoke but I stopped as we heard a twig creaked behind the tree. Kris tried to stop me but I ran to the tree instead. Maybe, because I still don’t know what to say after he said those words.

 “Lulu?”  I let out a sigh.

I thought it was that someone again from the flower shop, I saw a while ago. I began to shiver as the picture of a guy playing with the water flashed on my mind. I calmed myself and spoke.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Ah…Ah…Yes! Tao said that we will go back so…” he said a bit thinking on how to phrase his words.

“Then let’s go! Kris!” I cut his explanation and called Kris, but he signaled us to go ahead.

(Kris POV)

Yes I said it! I thought as I finally said that I like her, but we heard a twig creaked behind the tree. I tried to stop her but he ran away to check it out and I saw Luhan came out from behind. I tightly closed my fist as annoyance engrossed me. The fact that she’s talking to Luhan and their so close were enough to make me jealous. Then now, he’s interrupting our moment.

Luhan was my friend, he kew everything about me and I knew everything about him also. He was aware that I like Ren so much but why does he keep intruding and messing with my plans?

“You’re a jerk Luhan!” I uttered when they left me.

“I didn’t even hear her reply, Damn it” I cursed while walking. then suddenly I’m humming a song maybe this song really describes what I feel towards her. How pathetic I was.

“I really like you…”I uttered and stopped. I picked up a pebble and threw it on the water and created ripples.

Ripples… they look infinite... I thought and continued walking.

(Severely, I guess I loved you too severely

I don't even breath and I look around for you

I don't know when I'll be able to stop

Severely, I guess I loved you too severely

I think letting you go is more severe than dying)

(End of Kris’ POV)

We’re chatting and laughing about some jokes when Kris arrived. I stared at him but immediately look away when we met each other’s gaze. Tao packed up and the others followed him and started walking back to the Huang’s place but I stood firmly on my spot as I waited for him. Unfortunately, Luhan grabbed my hand.

“Come on let’s go!” he said smiling at me, he’s really adorable.

Luhan locked up our hands together. I blushed on what he did and just hung my headwhile I focused on the path we’re walking. I was staring at our intertwined hands when Kris suddenly bumped me and walked ahead.

“Ouch!” I said and mumbled a few curse words.

“Walk faster, it seems that you two were dating under the moonlight” he said and rolled his eyes. Luhan laughed at Kris’ act and I gave him a confused look.

“Why are you laughing Lulu?” I said but he didn’t bother to answer instead he directed a question to Kris.

“Kris, why so jelly?” he said obviously annoying him. Kris stared on both of us and turned his back.

“Shut up Luhan!” he said with a hint of irritation on his voice. Then, he walked faster until he reached Tao. I pinched Luhan’s arm as he continued smirking exaggerately and he pouted at me.

“Why did you do that?" he said and tightened our holding hands. I laughed at him instead because he looks like pouting puppy yet so charming. He pouted even more when I didn’t answer his question. I smiled at him.

“Because you’re too cute to handle” I said while pinching his cheek and we continued to walk.

(Luhan’s POV)

I felt my cheeks heating up when she said I’m cute and felt that it’s turning reddish as she pinched it.

Kris… I’m sorry if I’m hiding a secret from you. I’m terribly sorry. I thought as I remembered how Kris confessed that he really likes Ren during our practice break.

I know now why you like her, but you didn’t consider her feelings if she discovered the truth. Kris… I know you like her and I’m sure you’re making her fall in love every day as you showered her with sweetness, kindness and all gentleman stuff. But you know that I know what you’re up to. So, I’m the one to catch her when she falls. I thought as we walk on. I'm not letting go of her hand.

“I got a tight grip on you Ren, because I know that this is one way to get your heart” I mumbled.

“Huh?” she said.

“Ah…. Nothing I’m just memorizing something, hehe” I lied. She raised one of her eyebrows.

“Weird Lulu… Hurry!” she said walking faster.

“Wait…” I said and she stopped.

“What now?” she replied. I think she’s getting annoyed.

“I think I’m starting to like your Lulu name for me…” I said and I know the idea is from nowhere since I’m also shocked of what I’ve said.

“Well… that’s it! That’s what I want to hear, let’s go then LULU!” she said and smiled at me. I also smiled as he pulled me towards her and we walked together.

(End of Luhan’s POV) 


Another update...Sorry if it's Luhan again...

Thanks so much