Chapter V

I Love My Assassin

 

The night was so calm and flaccid. It’s really motionless to the fact that there’s no wind and it’s suffocating me. I have cried a lot that my eyes refused to let out some more tears. Seeing the people you loved go away and seeing the man you hate in your entire life was just the same thing, they were both crap.

The night was so long and I can hardly go to sleep, when I hear the sliding door open. I immediately close my eyes when I heard the bed creaked when someone sat on it. I just felt rare warmth caressing my hair but it felt so fine that it sent my wearied body and mind to dreamland.

I woke up as the sunlight glistened on my eyes. I guess I have slept and that’s a nice thing because this is the start of my martial arts lessons from Tao. The sliding door opened revealing Tao with his smile.

“Good morning Princess, I mean Ren, get up and we’ll start the lesson with the others” he said, dropping I guess the clothes that I would wear for the lessons, on the bed.

I’m about to speak but he left me with a questioning look.

“With the others?” In curiosity, I furiously took a bath and wore the clothes.

I was surprised how fierce I look with those clothes as if I’m going to a real fight but it’s so comfy than wearing traditional clothing I guess. I braided my hair to add some more fierceness like those legendary heroines in traditional Asian novels.

The morning light brought beauty on the surroundings. I took a lungful of air and feel the fresh breeze of the morning as the dews drop from the leaves in the form of water. I’m busy appreciating the nature when someone nudged me. I turned to face and confront this someone but here I am again jaw dropped and eyes widened.

Oh my God it’s the -faced entity, what is he doing here? I exclaimed in my thought.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I said pointing at him. He looked at me with uninterested eyes and just raised a brow and walked away.

“Aish! -faced entity, how dare he to bump me?” I stamped my feet in frustration when I realized how wide the space for him to walk on and the fact that he disturbed my reminiscing with nature.

I hurriedly went to the defenses' open area for the training and there I saw six men standing and having their glorious laughs well aside from -faced entity.

FACED ENTITY! Does that mean, oh you got to be kidding me! I yelled inside my head. This training will turn into hell.

The guys stopped and stared at me, at last they acknowledged my presence. Tao ran to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me to the others.

“So Tao, they are the others you’re talking about?” I asked him and he nodded with a smile.

Tao introduced me to them, they were unfamiliar aside from Lay and the -faced entity. Tao then told me their names and they bowed and greeted me.

“This is Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, Lay and Kris” he said pointing to each of them.

“I already know Lay and the -faced enti---” I covered my mouth when I said my nickname for Kris.

“What did you say?” Kris narrowed his eyes and then raised a brow.

The others were obviously holding their laughs including Tao. They’re enjoying my misery here while this one was glaring at me. I felt that anytime he will let out the beast and I will be eaten alive.

“Nothing, never mind that” I said and confidently turned away avoiding his piercing glare. I sighed in relief as I quit the glaring contest he’s trying to challenge.

“Omo Tao, how come you have a cute cousin like her? When you look like… secret…” that was Luhan. He’s so cute and he had such a baby face. Tao glowered at him offended. I arched my arms to the shoulder of my caring panda.

“He’s my cousin, my super caring cousin” I said and pinched his cheek with my free hand.

“Please stop, it’s disgusting! Let just start the lessons” Kris said.

He definitely can’t stand the cheesiness. We entered inside the dojo and I was fascinated with the collections of finely molded swords, katanas, daggers and other blade weapons.

I was examining a glass case with a beautiful katana when someone tapped my back.

“Hello Princess!” that voice, it was Lay. He smiled and I blushed again seeing his deep dimples. I smiled back.

“Hello there Yixing, you really got charming dimples” I unconciously said poking his dimples.

After saying that he slung his head and turned his back.

“Let’s go, the lessons will start” he said and walked ahead. I let the act process in my mind but when I got no answer why Lay did that, I just shrugged my shoulders and followed him.

This day was tiring, Tao taught us the basics and he said that it will took us three days to finish that before we level up. I laid myself on the bed. I’m really exhausted though it’s still the basics. How about if we level up? I would die probably.

I knocked my face on the pillow when the sliding door opened and someone just sat on my bed again my hair, it’s the rare warmth again. Who are you? I want to know who was it but his warmth really relaxed my body and I felt my eyes getting heav. Then, I fell asleep.

It has been like this every day, waking up early in the morning, appreciating nature and doing some stretching before the sessions and laying on the bed at night tired and being comforted by someone’s warm hands caressing my hair to sleep.

I haven’t notice that time was passing so fast and months were furious as if it was chased by fire and my plans will be turning into action when I finish this training.