Chapter III

I Love My Assassin

 

The guy standing in front was tall, with eyes that expresses charm and cheerfulness and he has luscious bloodshot lips that every girl would have dying to kiss. Unlike other men, he’s not wearing his traditional clothing, instead he’s so searing with his black suit paired with black pants and neatly fixed hair making him look like a complete gentleman, who’s every girl's dream.

I was so amazed by his looks that my jaw dropped and my stare was locked to him. I completely forgot my intentions seeing his charming innocent face with skin as smooth as class silk.

“Are you alright?” Tao waved his hand in front of my eyes making me jolt.

“Huh?” I replied but he just smiled, the smile I rarely see from him.

“Ah… nothing, It’s just… you look really amazed by him” he said, that seemed to be a joke for me.

Me? Amazed by this individual? It’s an absolute no way. But realizing how I acted a while ago, maybe he’s right.  I’m really impressed by this man in front.

Looks can be deceiving, enemy is still enemy, I won’t lose just because he got some face. I thought and shut my eyes close to remember the things I should do first, I shouldn’t be distracted easily. It took me a few minutes to regain myself. Tao was staring at me and I can tell that he holds his laughter. He might be thinking that I’m crazy right now.

The people were bustling comments about Chanyeol, especially young ladies and even older ones. But I didn’t bother to eavesdrop instead my gaze was focused on him again. Then my sight landed to Lady Yifei. She seemed so nervous with that look on her face, there must be something bothering her.

Uncle Sunggyeol spoke again, his smile was scaring me and it made me want to wipe it off. Those grins were really capable of killing my father. I remembered my father again but I tried not to be emotional this time. I slapped my chest trying to prevent my tears that clouded my eyes again.

Be tough Ren, Please heart, become hard as a rock! I uttered on my mind as I slapped my chest harder. I felt someone grabbed my hand, of course it’s Tao with his warmth again. This time he let out a little laugh, when he saw me made a face. He must have confirmed that I’m really crazy.

“Was that the effect of being imprisoned in the palace for several years?” he asked smiling, probably one of his lame jokes again. I just replied a sarcastic grin to him.

Uncle Sunggyeol continued talking about what’s currently happening on our land and some good points of his son making him capable for the throne but I didn’t bother because I got what I need. Park Chanyeol was still standing there with an uninterested look on his face.

It took almost two hours of talking and at last he’s finish. People started to stand up and chatter to each other like they haven’t seen each others' faces for years. Lady Yifei took my hand and grabbed the opportunity to introduce me to a couple of known families. Though I hated the crowd so much, I took the advantage to know them.

Keeping my enemies close was the best way to let them fall to my trap. I grinned as the thought flashed in my head.

Tao suddenly tapped my shoulder and I’m back to myself. I saw both of them bowed to another family and I hurriedly did. When I raised my head, I was so fascinated by the beauty in front of me. On my quick estimate she’s a bit older than Lady Yifei, I guess one to two years but she’s so beautiful in my eyes. She introduced herself so softly without flaws and elbowed the guy beside her.

“This is my son, introduce yourself” Lady Minah held his arm.

“Mother, they already know me” he hesitantly said. I rolled my eyes on his stubbornness.

“But how about this beautiful lady here” she gawked and smiled at me.

He looked at me. His eyes seemed to pierce under my skin and his features were way to creepier than Tao’s. Shivers were sent to my spine as he spoke with his deep rasping voice.

“My apologies, I’m Wu Yi Fan, just call me Kris” and he bowed.

“I might as well introduce myself then, I’m Huang Yu Ren, Tao’s cousin from China” I spoke with such politeness and bowed also. Lady Minah was shocked about Lady Yifei having a niece because I seemed to look differently but she managed to explain that I really got my mother’s looks and didn’t have any noticeable features from the Huang family.

We chatted with the Wu’s, Lady Minah was one good storyteller but her son was her total opposite, he stayed quiet beside her doing his own observations, his worst than Tao that would be. I felt the awkwardness when the surroundings turned silent and it’s deafening, but still Lady Minah and Lady Yifei kept on talking to each other.

I heard heavy footsteps coming near us while my head was hanging. I jerked when Tao suddenly pulled the tip of my upper garment, losing my balance, the back of my head nudged through his chest. I saw Kris’ eyes narrowed seeing the act, but why did Tao do that? In curiosity, I looked on his eyes and focused on the direction he was staring at.  In my surprise, I saw the man whom I hate in my entire life with his son.

I wrapped up my fist and my body shook because of anger. Tao felt my body shaking because of the sight. He held my arms firmly so that my body would stay steady as possible. And here comes demon with the little demon, Uncle Sunggyeol with his cunning smile and Park Chanyeol with his sardonic one.


 

Really short update. Thanks so much. ^ ^