Chapter VII

I Love My Assassin

 

The sunlight kissed my skin as it shone on my face. Then, I touched something hard in front of me. I can feel blowing warm air on my forehead. Warm air! Hard thing!  I jolted and opened my eyes revealing a wide flat chest in front of me.

“WAH! MOLESTER!” I screamed and kicked him out of bed.

He landed on the hardwood floor while I was panting then I positioned both of my fists to a fighting position.

“TSK… Why did you do that? Geez woman…” I heard him hissed while rubbing the back of his head.

“Why did you do that? Are you asking me the question I should ask to you?!” I yelled at him and he faced me. I gulped when I saw who it is.

“Kris?!” I yelled again.

“Yeah, Kris…” he said while pointing to himself. I froze for a minute.

Am I dreaming? I slapped my cheeks and pinched my arm and felt it hurting. He knotted his forehead as I acted like that and it took me a few seconds to realize the true scenario.

When my mind was clear enough I screamed on the top of my lungs.

“TAO! There’s a MOLESTER in my room!” Kris stood up immediately and covered my mouth making me spoke gibberish.

“Shut up! You’ll disturb the other rooms” he said on a panic. I bit his hand and knocked him to the bed locking his hand. He shushed in pain as a sat on his abdomen crossing his arms.

The sliding door opened showing three figures, Tao, Lay and Luhan. Shock was seen on their faces. Luhan’s face turned scary giving his how-dare-you look to Kris, Lay covered his mouth in shock and unexpectedly Tao suddenly burst out in to laughter. We stared at him curiously especially me, after his hearty laugh he managed to spoke.

“Are you sure you’re being molested Ren? It looks like Kris was the one being harassed here” he spoke teasingly and he winked on Kris. My eyes rolled and I stared at our position.

Really?! How come my mind is processing so slow?! I shoved him on the other side of the bed and kicked him out of the bed again.

My head was spinning as I rushed to hug Tao but I ended up in someone’s arms instead. Luhan’s eyes widened as I hugged Lay tightly and Tao began to laugh again.

“Omo! That’s Lay, my dear cousin…” Tao said and he laughed frantically. Confirmed, my brain is processing so slow. I let go of Lay and ran outside, closing the sliding door harshly. The guys helped Kris got up and asked multiple questions.

I’m panting when I reached the alley where I usually reminisce with nature and it’s so beautiful. But as I appreciate the surroundings, a lot of questions were still bugging my mind. Like what the hell was Kris doing on my bed? Did he sleep there the whole night and did something happen to us?

DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO US?! I exclaimed on my mind.

Of course nothing, Ren. I rolled my eyes as I figured out that Kris wass not that kind of person. Yes, he’s a -faced entity but he’s different and he showed me that side in just a couple of months. When I cannot answer my own questions I gave up and went back to my room.

I peeped and there’s no one inside. I grabbed something to wear and entered the bathroom. I stared at the flowing water before I completely decided to have my bath. It’s so refreshing that my thoughts were gone as the water touched my skin and the aroma of the shampoo soothed my senses.

I covered my body and went out to suit myself. I stared at the mirror and when I’m contented of what I look I went out. I planned to visit my father’s grave today and don’t attend my sparring session with Chen but on the second thought it’s not polite to go out without asking for permission. I know Chen will allow me.

So I hurriedly went to the training room and I found Chen already doing the daily stretching. I walked sluggishly to him.

“Ah…Chen?...” I spoke sheepishly. He stared at me and he smiled.

“Ok, do what you want Ren” he said.

I embraced and thank him. Chen was really nice as ever. He always understand me even I don’t express what I want in words and just by looking on my eyes, he already knows everything.

I slowly walked until I reached the gate. I get out of the gate as fast as I could before the roaming guards notice me. I’m not allowed to leave the Huang’s place without Tao since Princess Seolrae was still being hunted by Uncle Sunggyeol’s men. But luck was by my side today, I giggled as I walked to downtown.

The downtown was the center of all kinds of transaction. I can see a lot, different kinds of things were being sold, and there are varieties of street presentations and of course food. I stopped to a steamed bun stall and bought some because it resembles Xiumin’s fair skin and chubby cheeks.

I was about to pay it when someone stood beside me and suddenly arched his arm around my shoulder.

“Sssshh…” he hissed placing his index finger on my lips when suddenly I heard footsteps of numerous men and their finding someone.

“Master Sehun!” they called.

The man held me tighter and pretended to buy a steamed bun. He let out a deep sigh when the men were gone. He thanked me and paid the steamed bun instead.

“So...you’re Master Sehun? Why are they chasing after you?” I innocently asked as we walked downtown. He insisted to accompany me while I’m having a tour in the place.

“Yes, just call me Sehun, well I slacked off at my daily values and manners class” he chuckled at his own foolishness.

“What’s your name?” he asked when I remained silent.

“Ah… I’m Huang Yu Ren” I awkwardly said while I followed his trails.

“Huang? Are you somehow related to Huang Zi Tao?” he said with glee his lower lip.

“Ahm… I’m her cousin…”  I answered hesitantly. He beamed.

“Omo! Really?! I’m his friend, I didn’t know that he has a beautiful cousin” I blushed on his compliment.

This man was handsome indeed with beautiful small eyes, pointed nose, thin lips and fair skin. We played, ate and watched street shows. I completely forgot about the time because he’s so fun to be with. Before we bid goodbye, he dragged me to a small stall that sells accessories. He grabbed a ram carvedjadelucky charm.

“Why this?” I asked pointing at the ram carved in the jade stone.

“Because that’s the animal on the Oh family’s badge” he answered simply.

“Then I should give you this” I’m about to grabbed a phoenix which is the animal sign of the Hwang family but I switched to Tiger instead. He begged to me that he will go along with me to the Huang’s place but I said that I’m going to buy some flowers so he just dropped me to a flower parlor.


 

Another update ft. Sehun, thanks again^^