Chapter VIII

I Love My Assassin

 

Varieties of flowers astonished me as I entered the parlor. I was greeted by an angelic face.

“Welcome, may I help you?” his voice was also angelic like his humming a lullaby.

“Ahm… I would like to have two bouquets of flowers” I said while fondling a nice pink rose. He came close to me and got one stalk of it.

“We can portray every woman as a rose, soft, pure and fragile but we can’t deny that behind its perfection and beauty it still had its thorns” he spoke as he touched every petals of it carefully as if it will broke.

 His skin was white as snow and his lips were red as blood and his words were echoing inside my ear, so soft and hypnotizing, this man, I don’t remember where but they share the same characteristics of a boy I knew before.

“So, what kind of flowers should I arrange for you?” he asked smiling at me.

“Some tulips I guess…” I replied softly.

Tulips were my father and mother’s favorite. He got some red and yellow tulips and arranged it to two bouquets. He gave it to me and I handed him the payment. Before I leave he held my wrist and opened my hand and placed the pink rose

“Take this…” he said and smiled. I get out of the flower parlor.

“Good luck, Princess Seolrae” I turned my head to glance on the shop and saw him smiling.

I know I’ve heard something. I rubbed my arms as a gust of cold wind touch my skin and the chime on the shop’s door clang.

“Queen Miyoung, she was raised well…”Suho said while touching the phoenix emblem.

[Flashback (Suho’s POV)]

“Suho-shi, you’re now the guardian of my family, I gave you my family’s badge” Queen Miyoung spoke to me.

Princess Seolrae was only five years old that time and I predicted that Queen Miyoung’s life will be taken anytime.

I’m Kim Joonmyeon, the only descendant of the Kim Family who served as the shaman of the palace and we hold the dog badge.

“But my dear queen...I can’t, why not to your husband or Rae?” I said confused. I’m too young to handle this situations but I’m born to do so.

“Cause I know that you can perfectly protect the badge of our family until Rae reach the right age” she explained but I still don’t understand.

“Why not to Master Yunho then” I asked again.

“Suho-shi...I know you can do it…” he briefly said.

I know the queen was smart but why me? She opened my hand and placed the badge.

“You’re now the caretaker of the badge” she said. Once the badge was passed to the new rightful owner he or she must do his or her duty.

My parents died after passing their power to me, we are often called witches in the ancient time that cast spells and foretells future. Queen Miyoung gave their family badge to me before she died.

Rae was playing on the water fountain, splashing water to a flying butterfly when I disturbed her. She was 3 years younger than me.

“Princess Rae?...” I softly said, she turned to me and beamed.

“Suho-shi!” she said and ran towards me.

“How’s my pretty Princess?” I said and carried her to one of the benches and put her to my lap facing me. 

“Very fine Suho-shi” she said with glee and I smiled to her.

“My Suho-shi is really handsome…” she said while touching my cheeks and pinching it with her small hands. She was really young but she knows how to compliment a man nicely.

“Aigo Princess!” I pinched her cheeks in response.

“Look at this” I showed her the jade amulet and she pouted.

“I’ll give it to you” I said and she smiled at me.

“Thanks Suho-shi!” she got it and kissed my cheeks.  

No one knows that the Hwang family’s emblem was under my possession even Princess Seolrae’s father. Before I left the palace I gave the jade amulet of Queen Miyoung to her only daughter. 

[End of Flashback]

(Suho’s POV)

I’m still her guardian and I know what’s happening to her every day. I’m like the water touching her skin and the eyes that see what will happen. I know that this day will come that she will meet me and I will see her again.

Every night I will open the sliding door of her room, sat on her bed and caressed her hair to let her sleep. But last night was different while caressing her hair to sleep, a man entered the room. I felt that this man was indeed in love with her but there’s something he’s up to inside his heart and to be able to read it, I should touch him and dig his heart.

But no, I shouldn’t start any commotion that will harm the present identity of the Princess and I know she’s clever enough for her plans. I vanished through air and go back here. I stared at the sky.

“Someone will be killed… whois it?” I try to clear my visions but it is still blurred. I tightened my fist.

“Be careful Princess Seolrae, I hope it’s not you…”

My eyes widened as the rose that she’s fondling a while ago dried and slowly turned to ashes like it was burning. I felt my hands begin to shake at the scene of the rose now turned into ash and being blown away by a breeze. No windows were open but the breeze continue to blow away the remaining ashes of it.

“This is bad, really bad…”

(End of Suho’s POV)

I was walking to my mom and dad’s tomb, the cold wind was still enveloping my body and at last I found it. I bowed and place the flowers on the stone. I talked to them and told them stories about what happened to me after he died.

I felt hot tears roll down on my cheeks. I stood up and about to leave when I saw someone walking towards the grave of my parents. I walked away immediately and covered my head with a blue silk. As we crossed each other’s path I recognized her.

“Hyori?” I mumbled. She stared at me but I walked as fast as I can. She visited my parents’ grave.

“Tulips? Princess Seolrae?” he turned her head to the path I took but unfortunately I’m already gone.

“Princess Seolrae is alive…” she uttered as she light the incense sticks and two candles.

I went home and Tao greeted me with his angry look. I apologized to him but he scolded me though. I knew that I should’ve not done that for my own sake but it somehow gave me a piece of mind seeing my father and my mother’s grave.

“I’m really sorry Tao” I spoke huskily, his faced softened. He patted my head.

“Just don’t do that again… Take a rest now. I’ll just bring your dinner on bed, okay” he said.

I lay on my bed, feeling guilty of what I did. I stared at the rose given by the handsome florist.

“You’re right, women are fragile like a rose” I said and placed it on the little table on the side of my bed.

I closed my eyes and had a short nap.


 

another update ft. SUHO^^