Chapter XVI

I Love My Assassin

 

But further analyzing my situation now, being kidnapped was possible. So what should be my instinct in times like this? Of course to defend myself, what is the use of having a martial arts training if you won’t apply it?

So what I did was grabbed his hand, elbowed his stomach and push him on the ground. I heard him gasped in pain. 

"Aww... Why did you do that?" he whimpered.

"L-Lu-han...?" my voice cracked as I helped him stood.

He gave me his signature smile that melted my heart. Luhan was the ideal man of any girl, from looks to his physical physique and personality, all perfect, but my most favorite feature of him was his innocent dough shape eyes that speak everything about him.

"I'm s-sorry..." I apologized while helping him dust his lower garment.

"It's okay, I think it's normal for my sparring partner to attack, I mean defend herself..." he rubbed the back of his nape.

I blushed a bit when he smiled again focusing on his luscious pink lips. Those soft... soft lips that I tasted yesterday. I bowed my head as I felt my cheeks heated up.

"Are you sure you're okay, I mean I'm the one who's physically damaged but I'm really sorry if I surprised or scared you like that" he said trying to glance to my face that was now red as tomatoes.

"I'm fine okay! What do you want?!" I shrieked, pushing his face away from mine, so he wouldn't notice that my face was blushing.

I turned back at him and fanned myself to calm my senses. Man I should act normal in front of him...I thought as I cursed my mind because of the way I acted in front of him.

"Well I just thought that maybe you want to go to downtown before you leave to China?" he said staring at my eyes.

"Ah-ah... Sure I guess Tao wouldn't mind since it’s a farewell thing for me... and besides I'm with you..." I said, completely thoughtless about the time.

He gave me a smile that reached his ears. He held my hand as we walked to downtown.

The sky was a mixed of purple and orange and the wind felt cold as it brushed my hair way from my face. It was a quite 20 minutes walk with Luhan. When we arrived on the town, the sky was already pitch-black with tiny droplets of twinkling white milk.

"Look..." he said pointing at the sparkling colorful lights of the downtown.

My mouth parted in awe because of amazement. This is the first time I saw a mixed of different colors that floated in the darkness, the downtown was so beautiful it was like a festival of glowing colors.

"It was beautiful..." that was the words came out of my mouth as I scanned the place. It was totally different when the sun is still up.

"You like it? I guess you haven't been here since you came out of the world Princess Seolrae..." he snickered a bit.

"Sssh, don't even call me with that name in public..." I hushed giving him a look.

He raised both of his hands as sign of submission. At least, there's no awkwardness between us. I felt the excitement when I saw a cotton candy stall and what's exciting about it was it was created artistically with different colors and shapes.

With so much excitement I pulled the hem of his upper garment until we reached the stall. He fixed his clothing while I stared on the cotton candy machine.

"So... You're really excited about this thing?" he asked pointing on the rotating machine.

"Uh huh... Ahmm mister can you give me a tulip shape one?" I said with a big smile like a kid.

"Of course Miss--" he did not finish his sentence when her gazed landed on my face.

"Queen Miyoung...?" he asked astounded.

"Ah-ah mister... she's not Queen Miyoung..." Luhan opposed.

I froze in my position for several seconds. Do I look like my Mom? I thought as I stared on the colorful cotton candies. I felt nostalgic, remembering my mother and father was the very thing that will stir my emotions. Luhan held my hand and I looked at him. He shook his head which means I shouldn’t break down at this point and place.

"He's right mister, how can I be Queen Miyoung, she died a long time ago..." I chuckled and the man smiled and gave me the tulip-shaped cotton candy while Luhan handed some coins.

We sat on a bench while enjoying our cotton candies, Luhan had a deer-shaped cotton candy. Well, I'm not actually eating it I enjoyed looking at it.

"Hey Princess... that cotton candy is not a display it’s a food" he said having another bite of it.

"I know... but I'm a little hesitant to eat it because it's so beautiful..." I said still glancing on it.

"But princess... how will you know if it’s delicious when you won't taste it just because your hesitant that you'll ruin its aesthetics" he said obviously making sense.

I looked at him and saw him smiling wide at me but as I stared on those beautiful eyes it tells me something deep within him.

"Luhan...can I ask you something?" I asked, I wanted to ask him about what he felt after the kiss yesterday, I mean does that mean something or just a plain friendly kiss.

"Yes, what is it?" he asked.

"Ah-ah...Why are your eyes so innocent? Yeah! That’s it... Are you that innocent like your eyes?" I heaved a sigh after asking a random question.

Why can't I ask about that? Am I embarrassed to ask it because I gave in? I thought as I turned my gaze away from him.

"I don't know really... but I'm not innocent as I look..." he said acting as if thinking about possible reasons.

Next was a minute of silence and when I'm out of topics that we can talk to, I suggested that we should go home already since the night was getting deep. He immediately agreed and walked me home. Again the walk was quiet until we reached the gate of the Huang's place.

"Alright we're here..." he said.

I bowed to him as thanks and he smiled but it's noticeable on his eyes that's he's not happy. I don't know what to do... so I turned my back from him and started to walk towards the gate. Just two steps... when Luhan's hand grabbed my hand pulling me into his arms, back hugging.

"Princess is it necessary for you to go?" he asked and my heartbeat started to accelerate.

"Ah-Ah, yes, it's for myself, I need this to forget about things that I need to forget..." I said anxiously.

"But Princess... I'm here, I can help you forget it..." he said almost breathless.

My eyes widened what could he mean by that? I thought as I tried to remove his arms, but every time I attempted to force it he hugs me tighter.

"What are you talking about? I can't understand you?" I asked stuttering while ideas scrambled inside my head.

"Princess... Princess I... I... think I love you..." he said and place his head on my shoulder.

"What did you say?" I asked as my heart skipped a beat because of his confession.

"I said... I think I love you...so...don't go..." he said. At that point, it seemed like I didn't hear a thing and the wind was the only one whispering on my ears.

What is this? What is the meaning of this? My head was aching because of so much thoughts and my heart is confuse because of many outbursts. Revenge, friendships, care of love ones, heart break and love, all mixed together.

What should I do? What should I say? I'm out of words or I'm just scared to admit something or just don't know what I feel and how to respond to others' feelings?

Luhan was a good man, maybe I need some more time to rebuild myself if I will accept his feelings because he don't deserve the wasted me. But if I didn’t accept would he be waiting for me until I'm ready to accept or return the same.

What should I do? Why do opportunities come in the worst times of your life? Times that will require you to choose and not grabbed them abruptly.

"Luhan-shi..." I lowly said and I heard him sigh on my shoulder his warm breath touching my skin.

"I know it's hard...It's alright if you can't give me an answer for that... I'll be waiting until you're ready..." he said though I can hear disappoint me on his voice.

"Luhan-shi..." I removed his arms around me and faced him. His eyes, they were gloomy.

"You are a very important person to me and I don't want very important persons to love somebody who's still not deserving of their love... so being my VIP, I'll fix myself first... okay?" I calmly said as I caressed his smooth cheeks.

He held my hand and placed it on his chest. I can feel his heartbeat. I'm so happy that it’s beating for me but right now, I'll first fix my heart.

"It's okay of course, I can wait forever for my princess..." he said while smiling at me and I smiled back, this moment... is the start of forgetting and learning to fixed myself for a deserving someone. 


I"m back!

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing!

^^