Chapter XVIII

I Love My Assassin

   

As I walked in downtown to the flower parlor where I used to buy my favorite bouquets of tulips for my mother and father, I passed by some memorable places. The steamed bun stall where I bought the most delicious steamed bun I had ever tasted. The swings where I first showed my strength and the accesory stall where I bought my first tiger emblem symbolizing that I'm now part of the Huang family.

It's really nice that I have meaningful memories and reliable friends in just a short period of time. 

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5..." I counted every step I took until I reached the flower parlor when someone blocked my way.

"Hello Ren!" I familiar voice greeted me.

"AH! Sehun! Don't you ever do that again!" I yelled holding my chest.

"Really? I surprised you?" he asked completely clueless that he can gave me a heart attack and be killed by him instead of Prince Sunggyeol's men.

"So you think I'm not surprise?" I mockingly asked.

"I think so..." Sehun said rubbing his head.

I don't know what to say, so I clinched my fist and acted as if I'm going to punch him and continued to walk to the flower shop. I heard his laughter.

"So, you're now laughing at me?!" I shrieked and stared at him, dark circles forming around my eyes.

"Alright... Alright, calm down, I'm just joking but it seems that you're not happy at all, my bad...I'm sorry..." he apologized and bowed his head.

Well, there's nothing to be mad about, so I smiled at him, accepting his apology.

"I guess you're finish, so... can I go now? Because I have something to do..." I asked and turn around to proceed.

"No you can't until you properly say goodbye, but I guess you won't even tell me that you're flying back to China...Ren..." he seriously said and pouted his lips, such a baby.

"How did you know about that?" I asked.

"Connections? Like Tao?" he said rolling his eyes.

"Well, thanks to your connections I don't need do tell you... so I'm going now..." I glared at him and turned my back again.

"Oh Ren please... by the way, why are you so grumpy? I just want a formal goodbye before you left, though Tao told me it would be just a year, it's still a long time..." he grabbed my hand and pulled me somewhere.

"I'm sorry then... you know I have something to do and I have to go back early...that's why I'm in rush" I explained but I let him dragged me to where he wanted to, it's the accesory stall where we bought our little gifts for each other.

"I understand how important is that but can't you just give at most thirty minutes to say goodbye?" he uttered dramatically biting his lips.

"Okay fine... you don't need to cry... you're still a crybaby like before..." I started scrutinizing some items.

"What did you say? And for your information, I'm not crying!" he yelled and pouted again.

"Nothing... I said you're very handsome" I said patting his cheek and went back choosing some items.

Sehun was quiet while selecting from several hair accesories while my interest was caught by the friendship bookmarks that were famous souvenirs according to the vendor. I chose a blue colored bookmark and had our names written on it, I think it's enough as farewell gift.

We sat on a bench after deciding to have snack. We ate silently and both half way of our sandwiches. I don't want this silence so broke it.

"Sehun!" I called him and pushed the bookmark on his chest. He gave an annoyed look.

"My farewell gift, I'm sorry for the way I acted... I want you to use that well for your values and manners class" I said and continued eating my sandwich. He stared at our written names and smiled.

"But Ren... I don't use books in that class..." he softly said.

"Of course you don't, I just want you to remember the reason why we met... besides you can use that for other books..." I reasoned.

"Thank you so much... This is for you..." he handed a hair accesory with a some red and yellow tulips as a design.

"Tulips... so beautiful... Thank you so much" I spoke while staring at it.

"Glad you like, I just thought that Tulips looks good on elegant ladies like you..." he complimented and bowed his head because of shyness.

"Don't worry Sehun, I'll be back..." I haven't continued what I was about to say because he embraced me tightly with those sturdy arms. I tried to free myself but he won't let go.

"I still have five minutes, let's just stay like this..." he said.



I bid goodbye to Sehun. He insisted that he will accompany me to the flower parlor but I refused, I don't want to waste his time.

Soft clangs of the chimes were heard when I entered the shop and a man with angelic face greeted me.

"What can I do for you Princess?" he asked.

"Bouquets of tulips arranged like usual..." I demanded.

I love the ambience of this shop because every time I came here it just brought back happy memories. The colors of the flowers and their fragrances and of course the big painted portrait of my mother hanging on the wall, gives me peace of mind.

"You really love staring on that portrait, I'm glad that I decided to hang it there...by the way the bouquets are ready" he said and we both walked to the counter.

He picked a red rose from the basket and gave it to me.

"This is a bonus for my loyal customer..." he smiled and gave the rose.

I accepted and drew it near to my nose to smell it. 

"Thank you very much..." I thanked him and bowed.

"You're very welcome...Do everything that you think is best" he said and patted my head, the touch was familiar, so relaxing.


 When I arrived on my parents grave, like usual, Hyori had visit them, with the lighted candles and incense sticks. I talked to them for almost an hour, told them that I will miss them as if they were alive. I bid goodbye to them, well I'm glad that Hyori will still visit them when I leave.

"Eomma... Appa... goodbye, this is for the better, besides it's just one year..." I gave them a flying kiss and left with almost teary eyes. What's happening is just right. 


"Are you ready to go?" Tao asked when checked me on my room.

"Yes... I'm ready..." I replied. 

China here I come!