Chapter XI

I Love My Assassin

 

It was really strange how Kris acted towards me, from the -faced entity I used to call him, now, every end of the day before I close my eyes he would be the prince in my daydream. Then there’s Luhan he’s so sweet and he always insists to be my sparring partner every session and with his undeniable charm no girl can fall for him. I’m still a girl and I admit that, how much clever and strong I am, I’m still a girl who has emotional weaknesses and of course can easily be in loved.

I was lying down the bed staring at wooden ceiling when the door slid open, it was Tao.

“Are you alright Princess?” he asked.

“Yes, I’m fine Tao, It’s just the training today was just exhausting, come to think of it we’ve been training for five months now… Do you think I’m doing well Tao?” I asked him not removing my gaze on the ceiling.

I felt my bed being pressed and I stared at Tao who’s now sitting on the mattress. He stared back at me and started to comb my hair with his long fingers.

“Princess, are you asking me if you’re good enough for a normal training or good enough for you to take revenge?” he’s dark eyes showed seriousness.

“Both Tao…” I briefly said.

“Well, you’re good for a trainee who has been training for 5 months, but I’m sorry to ask you this…Is it really necessary for you to pursue the revenge thing you’re planning?” he averted he’s gaze and focused on my silky long hair. I just heaved a sigh with that he smiled at me.

“I’ll take that as a yes…” he spoke.

Tao had been really understanding, though he may display this scary aura of him, deep inside him he has this soft side that I can touch and relish perhaps. I’m about to close my eyes because of the calming gesture he’s making when the door slid open again.

“Here you are!” a motherly voice greeted us. I sat up from bed and Tao stood up to bow to her mother.

“Omo! Tao looks like you’ve been so harsh in your trainings…” Auntie Yifei joked and sat on the bed beside me.

“No Auntie I’m fine, by the way how’s China?” I asked.

“Maybe we should talk about that while having some tea, I really miss the dew dropped tea Lady Min prepares, let’s go” she said with such cheerfulness.

Tao helped me to stand and we followed Auntie Yifei to the dining area to have some tea. During the course of the conversation Auntie Yifei talked about her visit to China and I was listening to her with a smile plastered on my face. At that point, I missed my parents while staring how happy she was while telling the stories of her escapades in China.

After having a tea I managed to ask Auntie Yifei.

“Ahmm…Auntie Yifei can I visit the grave of my parents today?” I asked hoping that she will allow me to. She stared at me and smiled.

“Of course... Do you want Tao to accompany you?” she permitted.

“It’s alright Auntie but I would like to go alone…” I said and she nodded.

“Go ahead so you can go back before the sun sets” she said but I heard Tao complained.

“Mom, you shouldn’t allow her to be alone!” Tao gasped but Auntie Yifei raised her hand signaling him to stop.

“Let her be Tao…” with that Tao stopped and I found my way to the downtown again.

The downtown made me remember of one person Sehun from the Oh family and he even gave me this ram carved jade lucky charm. I searched my pocket for my wallet and I found the lucky charm hanging on there. I smiled at the moments we shared together because he’s really fun to be with. When I reached the downtown I stopped by the steamed bun stall again and bought some.

When I’m going to hand the payment someone handed some money to the vendor, I turned my head to stare who’s this someone. My eyes widened on the sight of Sehun smiling at me.

“Hello Ren!” he beamed.

“Sehun? Why are you here?” I asked.

“Well, I don’t have anything to do that’s why…Ahmm… by the way, it has been a month since I saw you here” he pouted, Sehun was really this childish Master of all Master that I’ve met.

“I’ve been busy that’s why, I rarely go out of the Huang’s place…” I said.

“So maybe I can visit you then… Tao won’t be mad at me isn’t it?” he spoke while munching his steamed bun.

“I don’t know…” I briefly said. “So you’re having some stroll or you have some important things to do?” he asked again.

“Ahmm… I really need to go to the flower shop again because I have something to visit” I said. I saw him pout again.

“Okay perhaps, I might consider half an hour to have fun with Sehun, is it alright?” I said and smiled at him.

A smile formed on his lips and his eyes were also smiling and he gave me a thumbs up for his approval. Then we saw a crowd forming in one corner of the road with enough space.

“Let’s check it out!” he yelled and held my hands pulling me to the crowd of people.

There were two swings and two couples, the man will push the swing while the woman will maintain it swaying until she grabs the rose that’s approximately 18ft from the ground.The two men started to sway their partners, strength and balance was necessary to win the game. After few struggles one of the girls grabbed the rose and won.

Then an announcement was heard, another round will be held and the winner will receive a high class melon cultivated in the most desired bed of its variety, the sweetest melon cultivated from Japan. Then Sehun and I stared at each other and both narrowed our eyes.

“You know what I’m thinking?” he asked.

“I think so…” I replied. Then he pulled me again to the announcer.

The crowd started to utter soft mumbles and whispers when Sehun guided me to climb on the swing holding me to gain my balance. After a few minutes the game started, Sehun pushed the swing as strong as he can and I tried to add some effort to make it reach the height of the rose but on my first attempt I failed, I tried once more and with my strength I swayed and reached the rose.

Applauses from the crowd were heard then Sehun halted the swing and helped me to climb down. We jumped happily when we received the melon that we won. Sehun borrowed a knife from one of the stalls that sells fruits and sliced the melon into four. We stared at the melon before taking a bite.

“It looks delicious!” I beamed and he nodded in agreement. After taking a small bite, I shut my eyes close as sweetness melt inside my mouth.

“AH! It’s delicious!” Sehun beamed again.

Then someone tug my skirt, I saw a little kid intently eyeing the melon. I smiled at him and grabbed another piece of the melon and gave it him.

“Take this…” I said and smiled at him and he smiled back running away with the melon. I stared at Sehun and caught him smiling.

“You’re so kind…if Princess Seolrae was still alive, I guess she’ll be as kind and beautiful as you Ren…” he said lowly. 

“Princess Seolrae?” I asked.

Who are you Oh Sehun? I thought as I searched some hints from him but he just smiled at me.


Yes another update^^