Getting Closer

Do You Remember Me?

D O N G H A E 

For the rest of the day I was swimming with Kyuhyun while Seohyun and Miyoung built sand castles and taking pictures. We all took a group picture and I kept begging Miyoung to get in. She shook her head scrunched up her nose. I sighed loudly, wading in the water. "It's so warm though!" 

"I can't swim very well," she admitted, smiling at me. I grinned at her. "I can teach you how to swim!" 

She raised her eyebrow. "You of all people?"

"Yes, me of all- HEY! Not funny!" I pouted, pretending to look upset. She just laughed at me and tiptoed to the shore, dipping a few feet in. "It's cold!" 

"It's very warm, what are you talking about?!"

"It's too cold so I guess I can't swim!" I chuckled while pulling her into the water, making Miyoung scream at the water splashing her whole body. I grinned at her and she just pouted, holding a bit of her wet hair and looking at me. "Look, now I'm soaking wet!" 

"That's kinda what you do at a beach, Miyoung!" 

"Not necessarily!" She laughed, splashing water at me. We continued to have a water fight while I saw out of the corner of my eye Kyuhyun talking to Seohyun. I stopped splashing at Miyoung and she turned around, looking where I was.

We both grinned at each other and silently watched the two, getting closer to hear their conversation.

K Y U H Y U N

I was talking to Seohyun while helping her build a sand castle. "You have to make sure to use the wet sand in order for the castle to be nice and strong," I said, gently patting the sand onto the sand castle. "But you also have to make sure the castle's not too close to the ocean or it will be swept away." She smiled at me and proceeded to put sand on the castle.

My fingers lightly brushed against hers and I blushed, ignoring it and continuing my work. She began scooping sand near the ground of the castle and I raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

"Building a moat, of course. When the water comes it's gotta go somewhere, right?" She grinned at me and I felt my insides grow warm and fuzzy.

Jeez, puberty is weird.

M I Y O U N G

At the end of our beach trip Donghae's brother dropped us all back at our houses and I quickly took a shower, ridding myself of any sand particles. I changed into sweatpants and a tank top and looked at the time; 7:30 PM.

Time for practice. I asked my mom to give me a ride and we drove to the SM building and I waved good-bye. "10:30, remember!" She smiled and drove away. Walking into my practice room we all began stretching and I grinned when Seohyun arrived. "So Seohyun, had fun at the beach today?"

I raised my eyebrows suggestively and she wrinkled her nose at me. "What in the heavens are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Seohyun and Kyuhyun, sittin' in a tree-" 

"Aish! Quiet down!" Seohyun yelped, looking around frantically.

"Jeez, I was just kidding!" I said, laughing. "W-well, whatever."

The rest of the girls arrived and we all began dancing to a song that we had to learn a routine to. Taeyeon looked at us and smiled. "Okay, so we're going to learn a routine to a song and all sing parts, to you know, kinda get a feel for what practice would feel like when we debut. Arasso?" 

"Yeah! Ready! Of course!" Everyone yelled excitedly, grinning widely. We slowly learned the steps in about an hour and we worked on it, trying to keep in sync.

On our fourth try we were all in sync and at the end of the song we all gave each other high-fives and 'fighting' fists. "This is so great. We're going to be debuting soon, Seohyun. Can you believe it?" I asked, satisfied with our practice. Seohyun nodded but then pouted. "Too bad it's not gonna be for another like, four years..." She mumbled. 

I just grinned at her. "I'm sure it'll pass by so quickly. I can't wait! When we debut we can tell Kyuhyun and Donghae."