Under a Blanket of Stars

Do You Remember Me?

A/N; PLEASE READ! HAI GUYS IT'S BEEN WHAT A MONTH. SORRY 'BOUT THAT >_>

I finally found some free time to write! I'm thinking this story is almost done, neh? (Few chapters left?) 

Also, I've been thinking 'bout my new fanfic - and instead of a gangfic I might write an alternate universe "guardian angel" sorta fic... starring TaeTeuk! ^_^

(Psh, I'd do Haefany but I don't want to do Haefany twice in a row and alienate some other shippers... hehe... but let me know what you guys think!) 

*by the way, this chapter is a few months later! :D This chapter's ALL about SeoKyu! Next chapter will be Haefany! :)*

~

A dark-haired girl paced back and forth in an empty practice room, waiting for a certain Hwang Tiffany to return her call. Her phone began to play a light tune - which was abruptly cut off by the girl answering her phone, a serious glare aimed at no one in particular.

"Yoboseyo?" A cheery voice was heard on the other line. 

Now Seohyun was never the kind of girl to get very upset - but this was utterly important.

"Don't 'yoboseyo' me, Miyoung!" 

And Seohyun promised to never call Tiffany 'Miyoung' again - indicating she was very upset.

"Whoa, slow down and take a chill pill!" Tiffany's girly voice responded calmly - something that annoyed Seohyun as of now. 

"Hwang Tiffany," Her voice echoed in the large practice room loudly.

"Wait, what did I do? Seo, why are you so mad-" 

"You know what's wrong. Our Japanese promotions start in a few weeks - and that means we have to leave soon... Did you accomplish what you wanted to at the university? No, you didn't! Were these past few months just a waste of time?"

A long silence followed after Seohyun's raised voice, which was quietly responded with a "I... forgot?" 

"That's not gonna cut it, Tiffany. It makes me angry that you could've been with us, practicing as hard as you can, but you waste your time frolicking with some boy you knew a few years ago! Get over it and look towards the future, not the past!" 

"He's not just 'some boy', Seohyun! He was my best friend and he broke my heart! I'll never forgive him," Tiffany started yelling on the other line, her voice cracking at the end of her sentence.

"Listen, I'm your best friend, and I'm sorry that I'm being so harsh on you - but I care about you and what you do, you know." 

"... What are you trying to tell me?" Tiffany started sniffling on the other line, probably wiping her nose. 

"Please, for the sake of SoNyuhShiDae - forever nine, remember - break Donghae's heart right now so we can continue with Japanese promotions. We need you with your best effort, not thinking about Donghae the whole time."

"I... can't! It's too early!" Tiffany defended herself, trying to make up some excuse that wasn't there.

"Please. For SNSD. I know you'll do the right thing." Seohyun dejectedly hung up the call, pressing her back again the glass mirror, sliding down slowly and burying her face in her knees.

"I hope she does the right thing." 

Seohyun's phone rang and she looked at the caller ID - Kyuhyun. Her face immediately brightened and she quickly answered it with a wide smile on her face.

"You wanna meet? Where? At the park? You'll pick me up? Great!" Seohyun girlishly squealed, receiving a deep laugh from the other end of the phone. 

The call ended and Seohyun happily skipped to the front of the SMEnt building, sliding into Kyuhyun's car - they greeted each other by giving a peck on the lips. 

Kyuhyun kept looking back and forth at Seohyun while driving and she laughed, pointing forward. "Keep your eyes on the road!" 

They arrived at the park and sat on a bench underneath bright twinkling stars; Seohyun rested her head on Kyuhyun's shoulder and grabbed his larger hand and placed it in her lap, smiling to herself.

Seohyun sighed with content - Kyuhyun was dead silent. "What's wrong, Kyu?" She looked at him, eyes full of worry. "N-nothing, Seohyun. Don't worry."

"Something's wrong. What is it?" Seohyun softened her eyes, waiting for an answer.

"I... Just saw an episode of We Got Married."

"Oh, that show? It's great, I watch it too sometimes, well, when I have the time-"

"You didn't ever say you were on it."

Seohyun nervously laughed. "I was on it last year, way before I met you - well, again, of course," Seohyun averted her eyes. "Hmm, beautiful night, right?"

Kyuhyun quietly sighed. "I didn't know there were so many 'YongSeo' shippers," 

A moment of silence passed, proceeded by Seohyun's laugh. "Is that what this is about?"

"Well... yeah." Kyuhyun awkwardly replied, swinging his feet back and forth like he was a young child. 

"Kyu, we're only friends." 

"He didn't look like he only wanted to be friends - he probably wanted to be something more," He mumbled, crossing his arms childishly. 

"C'mon, Kyu. The show's been over for a long time now."

"Do you still keep contact with him?"

"Yeah, I do." 

"Can I see your phone?" He grinned devilishly, reaching for her phone. 

"No!" She playfully pushed him away but he quickly got her phone. "And... Yonghwa. Deleted." 

"Now I have to ask for his number again! Aish, how embarrassing!" 

"You better not ask for his number." Kyuhyun teased, sticking out his tongue. 

"Will this make you feel better?" Seohyun pecked him on the lips, receiving a smile from Kyuhyun. "Yes. All better."

Unknown to them was a camera click in the distance - capturing their brief kiss.