Study Buddies

Do You Remember Me?

Attention guys! I'm not going to be posting that much from April 22nd - May 1st. It's my spring break (LOL late much) and I'm going to Florida. I will be bringing my laptop to complete a language arts project but I'm not sure if I'll have time to actually post anything! Sorry for any inconvience! I'll try to post during that time period if possible! ^_^

----------------------------------

D O N G H A E 

It was a month and a half until finals and I was freaking out. How was I supposed to pass this grade if I hardly understood the new material? I barely understood our last chapter and now we're reviewing for finals! How am I supposed to get through-

"Hello? Donghae?" Miyoung waved a hand in front of my face. I blinked a few times, remembering where I was and what I was doing. I was at Miyoung's house, attempting to study for finals.

"Oh, sorry, I was spacing out," I smiled sheepishly. Miyoung pouted. "C'mon, am I that boring?" 

I shook my head. "Of course not. It's just this material. I'm freaking out! I don't understand it at all!" She laughed merrily while adjusting her glasses. "Maybe because you're not paying attention...?" I defiantly crossed my arms. 

"That's not it. This stuff's too hard." Miyoung shook her head. "Just pay attention, arasso? I'll try to make it easier to understand."

About half an hour later I stood up, pumping my fist into the air. "I GOT IT! I UNDERSTAND IT!" Miyoung laughed, clapping her hands. "Good job!" 

M I Y O U N G

He jumped around the room, shouting. "I think I have a chance of not failing now, thanks to you! Thank you so much! Not to mention this will keep me on the soccer team!" He swooped me into a big hug. My heartbeat quickened and I blushed in response. 

He immediately let go, sensing my embarrassment. "M-mianhae." He said, bowing his head multiple times.

I looked down so my hair mostly covered my face. "I-it's fine." I mumbled, getting up awkwardly. "Do you want a beverage?" He nodded. "Um, sure." 

I quickly walked out of the room and closed the kitchen door, pressing my back against it. I put a hand against my rapidly beating heart and then covered my warm cheeks with my hands in an attempt to stop them from blushing so red.

I quickly got a bottle of water out and came out, handing him the beverage. He grinned as a thanks and drank it in one gulp. "Slow down, you'll choke!" He chuckled and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "Thanks for the drink." 

"No problem." I said, sitting down and looking at the textbook in front of us. "Okay, where were we? Oh! We were at the-" He interrupted me. "Do you want to go to the beach sometime over spring break?" I widened my eyes. "M-me? At the beach?" He grinned. "Yeah, it'll be fun! C'mon, you're as pale as a ghost." I looked at my arm and pouted. "I'm not that pale!" 

He laughed. "I know, I was just kidding! But do you wanna go?" 

"Who will drive us?" He tapped his chin with a single finger. "I can get my older brother to drive us!" 

"Can Seohyun come with us?" He nodded. "Of course!" I smiled before chuckling darkly. "Can we bring Kyuhyun?" He looked at me strangely. "W-why...? Do you like him or something?" I laughed before shaking my head. "No, of course not! But I know someone who does!" I said in a sing-song voice. 

We stared at each other for a couple of seconds before both singing "Seohyun and Kyuhyun sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" We both burst out in laughter for a couple of minutes before straightening ourselves out. "Alright, let's return to the lesson, shall we?" I asked as I pulled the textbook in front of us. 

His phone rang and he answered it. Donghae covered the phone's speaker and whispered, "I have to take this call." I nodded and he left the room.

As soon as he left the room I texted Seohyun. 

Seohyun, can you please come with me and Donghae to the beach over spring break? Please? :(

A minute later I got her reply;

Ugh, fine. But you owe me a big bowl of rice and sweet potatoes!

I chuckled when I heard Donghae clear his throat and enter the room.

"What was that about?" I asked, eating a small chocolate from a bowl on the table. He sighed. "My mom was just asking when I'd be coming home for dinner. But I don't wanna go," he whined, pouting. I think he was trying to use aegyo on me.

"...And what do you want me to do about it?" 

He pouted. "Let me stay over for dinner?" I bit my lip. "I mean, I don't know, my parents aren't home-" 

"All the more reason to let me stay over!" 

I sighed. "But what if they find out I was alone with a boy?" He wiggled his eyebrows. "I mean, I wasn't gonna go there, but if you're thinking like that-" I laughed and slapped him on the shoulder. "ert." 

We studied for a few more minutes before his stomach growled. I laughed out loud and he just flicked me on the forehead with his thumb and middle finger. "Ow!" I cried, rubbing my forehead. He stuck his tongue out. "That's what you get for laughing at me."

I stood up and opened the door, motioning him to get out. "May I remind you who's providing your meal tonight?" He looked defeated for a minute and I just giggled, closing the door. "You know I'm kidding!"

He mumbled a string of incomprehensible words and I just laughed, walking into the kitchen. "What do you want for dinner?" 

"Rice with anything should be fine."

I proceeded to make dinner and he just started to study.

"Dinner's ready!" I yelled, and he just came running in, his tongue almost wagging out like a dog's. "Jeez, someone's hungry!" I mumbled. I got a small serving and he took the rest of the plate. I chuckled and he innocently looked at me. "What? I'm a growing boy, you know."

We both ate and he also helped me clean up the table. "Donghae, you should be getting home now. It's eight o'clock."

"But it's a Friday!" He whined, pouting. "Well I can't have a boy alone in my house at eight o'clock. So get home!" He pouted one last time before dialing up his dad to come and pick him up.

A few minutes later his dad came and I waved good-bye while he skipped happily to his car.

D O N G H A E 

My dad came and picked me up much to my disappointment. Miyoung went outside and waved good-bye, smiling at me, and I got in my dad's car and smiled, waving. After we started driving my dad cleared his throat.

"So... Who was that?"

"Who? Miyoung? She's just a good friend of mine! She was helping me study." I said happily.

"Are you sure? You're acting like it's a lot more than that-" 

"No, no, no!" I covered my ears, shouting "blah, blah, blah".

"I don't want to hear it! We're just friends!"

"That's what they all say, son." He whispered. I pouted and grumpily stared at the window while driving back to my house.