Confessions

Do You Remember Me?

A/N: This is Donghae's new 'short hair', btw (in sophmore year): http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/hekino3/101027witheunhae.png

In junior year his hair looks like it does in Bonamana :D Just imagine this. I like it when I can visualize stories. :) I'm also sorry if there are any grammatical errors... I don't reread/edit the story after I'm done 8D

-----------------------

M I Y O U N G 

Donghae avoided my calls and didn't answer my texts. I was really worried about him. He didn't even invite me to the funeral.

Donghae's sophmore year was a rebellious one. He got his hair cut shorter instead of his boyish locks and began to wear ripped jeans with leather jackets. I think he even joined a gang at one point.

The point is, he became a trouble-maker. Everyday he'd get sent out for not doing homework, cursing, he'd get into fights frequently, and he was familiar with suspensions. I was so worried about him, but everytime I tried to talk to him he'd just look at me with disgust and walk away.

Seohyun tried to comfort me but I knew Donghae was very upset about his father's death- who knews how long this could take.

One day I called Donghae up, in a desperate attempt to repair our friendship.

10 seconds later, I hear a quiet "Yoboseyo?" 

"Donghae?"

"...Who is this? How did you get my number?" He asked the phone, in a confused voice. 

"Donghae, it's me, Miyoung. Don't you have me as a contact?"

"Don't talk to me ever, arasso? And for your information, I deleted you a long time ago."

Then the line went dead.

And so did my heart.

Not literally, of course. But still.

Eventually he even started dating Uee. 

Yes, that Uee.

She drapes her arms over his shoulder and he just sits quietly at the back of the room everyday, in his little 'posse' with his friends and Uee's friends. 

I can't believe he changed so much.

After the school year ended (with Donghae barely passing), I didn't see him all that summer. 

When he came back he still wore the leather jackets and ripped jeans, but he had visibly became more... toned?

Instead of his lanky but fit figure he had grown large arm muscles and I'm pretty sure he had a six-pack. 

It was kinda... Attractive?

Um, right, the story- anyways. He had grown out his hair a bit and he was still going out with Uee. 

As expected, Uee had become much prettier but with that came shorter skirts and higher heels. Everyday I'd roll my eyes at them and quietly mumble to myself, which one day Uee happened to hear.

"Oh, look. It's that stupid nerd again. How does it feel now that I've finally gotten what I wanted?" She said, smirking nastily to me. I began to walk away but she grabbed the back of my collar, which began to choke me. 

"L-let go-"

"I wasn't finished." She said, gritting her teeth together.

"You girls deal with her. I don't want to get dirty by this freak." She said, leaving me in an empty hallway with her posse.

Oh God.

The pain I felt was unbearable. My hair was being pulled, glasses smashed, stomach kicked, arms stomped on, fingernails scratched everywhere and uncountable bruises. They left me out in the hallway, quietly whimpering to myself. I tried to get up several times but no matter how much strength I used, I couldn't get up.

Eventually Siwon found me in the hallway when he went to go bathroom half an hour later. 

"Oh my God, are you okay?" I slowly nodded and he gasped. 

"... Miyoung?"

I slowly nodded and whispered, "Can you just help me?" 

"...O-oh, right, right, of course!" He carried me bridal-style to the nurse's office and she hurriedly cleaned me and put bandages on my body.

"Who did this to you, sweetie?" She asked, her voice soft. I rolled my eyes. "It doesn't matter if I tell you. They won't get in trouble." 

"I can assure you, they will." She said, with a hardening tone. 

"Uee and her group of friends-"

"Seriously?" Siwon asked, his eyes widening. I looked at him with a glare. "You better not tell anyone about this."

"U-um, sure... Yeah. Okay. Feel better, Miyoung." He gave me a sincere look and quietly walked back to class while the nurse called my parents up.

A few minutes later my parents came, hugging me gently and bringing me home.

Worst. Day. Ever.

S I W O N

I came back to class just as it was ending. Lunch was next, yum.

"Donghae, I gotta talk to you." Donghae raised his brow expectantly, his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Alone."

He gave a quiet sigh and walked outside into the hallway with me. "So... Miyoung was beaten up today."

"So?"

"By Uee and her friends."

"Do I look like I care?"

I stared at him, my fists clenching. "You don't even care? Just because your father died doesn't mean you can avoid her forever, you know. I've been turning a blind eye but this is it! You can't just ignore her, not talk to her, allow her to be bullied, and date the girl you said you didn't even like!" 

Donghae glared at me and scoffed. "That girl is dead to me." He started walking away to the cafeteria with Uee and her friends.

"Why?" I shouted, honestly curious.

Donghae turned his head back and looked at me before simply shaking his head and walking.

M I Y O U N G 

A couple of months later, it was the end of the school year.

I was determined to make Donghae talk to me. Even for just a second.

At the end of school he had detention and I caught him just as he was leaving.

"Donghae, remember me? It's M-Miyoung." I said quietly, hopefully looking at him. He just grunted. "What do you want?"

Yes... he answered.

"I just wanted to say... Remember how we were friends? I kind of want to go back to the way we were..."

"Forget it." He started to walk away but I grabbed his hand. He turned around and loosened my grip and looked at me. "Sorry, that's not gonna happen." He began to walk away.

"Donghae, I never told you this, but I liked you when we were friends." I muttered, looking up at him.

Will I get a response? Something?

He stopped in his tracks for a couple of seconds before continuing to walk away. 

"Not interested." 

My heart sank and I just quietly went home. I guess I really had no chance... Not even at friendship.

Little did I know there was a certain someone's girlfriend watching the whole time. 

Yup, that's right, Uee was stalking us the whole time.

At lunch the next day I got a salad and began to walk to my table. Uee was muttering words to Donghae and he looked like he was muttering "Seriously?" She pouted at him and he began to walk up to me.

What was he going to do? Confess to me? Talk to me? Make fun of me?

Donghae looked at me before scoffing. "This... thing confessed to me yesterday." He announced loudly. Students were chuckling and  my face grew red. I began to walk but he grabbed my wrist, preventing me from leaving.

Any other time it would've been fine if he grabbed my wrist.

"I just want to let you know that I don't like you. In fact, I'll never like you. I hate you. So you can just go leave me alone or you'll seriously regret it." He said, before dumping his food all over me. 

My eyes instantly watered up at the scorching hot food and at his hurtful comments and actions. I can't believe this was the Donghae I knew.

I ran out of the cafeteria, quickly followed by Seohyun and her friends. 

"Omo! Are you okay, Miyoung?" Everyone asked, pitifully looking at me.

I wiped my eyes and nodded slowly.

"I can't take this anymore." I said, walking away.

The girls were about to go after me but Seohyun just shook her head. "She needs to be alone."

D O N G H A E 

When I sat back down, mostly everyone was laughing at what just happened. I got high-fives from a few guys and excited grins from girls, and a kiss on the cheek from Uee.

"Good job, oppa!" She said, grinning from ear-to-ear.

I looked at my friends. 

All of them were frowning.

"Dude, what did you do? That was harsh, man." Eunhyuk said, shaking his head. 

Siwon looked at me with disgust. "You're a douchebag, you know that?" He walked up and left the cafeteria. I just shrugged. 

Whatever.

S I W O N 

I angrily walked out of the cafeteria, muttering words to myself.

How could he not care? They were best friends in freshman year and now he lets her get beat up, and bullies her-

I heard someone crying not far away. I walked until the sound was quite clear and opened a classroom door.

In an empty classroom was Miyoung sitting there, head buried in her arms and sobbing quietly. "Miyoung-"

She looked at me with wide eyes and quickly rubbed her eyes. "W-what, Siwon?"

"Are you... okay?" I asked awkwardly, looking at her. "Y-yeah. Thanks for asking. I'll be going now-"

"Wait." I said, grabbing her hand. She blushed and looked at me. "...Yeah?"

"I just want to let you know that Donghae's a douchebag. You didn't deserve that, heck, no one deserves that. I'm truly sorry if his actions bothered you. Just stay strong, arasso? I'm here as a shoulder to cry on." I said, grinning.

"That's really, really nice, Siwon. But no thanks. I'm going to transfer out of here."

"Why?" 

"The question is more like why haven't I done so already." She said, sighing. 

"Give me your mobile number. I'm here just in case, okay?" I said, giving her a small smile. She recited her number, smiled at me, and gave me a quick hug, leaving me blushing. 

She quickly stepped away, gave me a 90 degree bow and gave me a small smile. "I'll be leaving now... For good. Thanks for the help. Really."

She walked away, this time with confidence. It was almost like she was leaving this school and all of its memories with it.