A Long Way Home

Do You Remember Me?

*PLEASE READ!* First of all, I'd like to say I'm SUPER sorry for not updating any sooner! It's almost been a month since my last update... >.< Time flies, seriously.

Enjoy this chapter! This story will be ending soon (all great things come to an end? :D) and I will possibly be writing another story! :D

Remember, italicized words indicate thoughts of people! :D Unedited chapter, ftw!!!!!!!!!!!

~

So Nyuh Shi Dae had released Mr. Taxi, setting Japan (and Korea's) hearts ablaze at their beauty and singing ability.

When touring in Japan the girls were all smiles, grinning from ear-to-ear during performances, giving it their all - even Tiffany.

To any fan it would've looked like Tiffany was having a great time, enjoying every moment on stage - but at the end of the day, when they retired to their hotel, Tiffany was an emotional trainwreck - she was crying herself to sleep every night, staying up til 3 or 4 in the morning every night they had spent in Japan.

And Donghae was no different from Tiffany. 

Ever since that confrontation he had never gotten a chance to say good-bye to her; she forbid him from visiting the airport - security around the girls were packed. Every time he called her she'd simply ignore it, every text he'd sent was probably deleted. 

He had shed a few tears every night every time he thought about her - he wondered every night if she had done the same.

After their Japan promotions were over, it was time to go back to Korea. They were packing up their bags, ready to head to the airport, when Tiffany felt someone pat her back gently - looking slightly behind her shoulder, she saw it was Jessica attempting to comfort her. 

"I'm fine, Jessie, really, I am," she lied, giving her signature eye-smile as a sign of assurance. But Jessica knew Tiffany better than that.

"Tiff, don't even try to lie to me. I know you're feeling down, and I just want to let you know I'm here for you," she said in English, her eyes softening - something the Ice Princess didn't do very often. 

Tiffany shrugged casually, zipping up her last bag when Taeyeon came into the room, clapping her hands together. "Okay, girls! Everyone's bags are packed? Make sure you don't forget anything, arasso?" 

The girls double-checked their luggage, and with that they were driven to the airport. 

Japanese fans were lining up, yelling, screaming, taking pictures, trying to get a better view of their faces; the girls threw a few smiles that would surely cause any male fan to faint right there - and swiftly walked to their destination.

After boarding the small private plane, Tiffany walked to the back corner, setting her bag beside her so she could have an excuse to not have any of her friends sit next to her.

All of the girls immediately understood this subtle action and sat near the front, giving Tiffany some much-needed time to think. 

Did he think about me every night since then, or did he forget all about me? Does he even care about me anymore?

A few hours later they landed in Korea, around one in the morning. Dedicated fans stood there, screaming when the girls passed by, taking as many pictures as they could. 

Honestly, Tiffany wished she saw Donghae at the airport - but at the same time, she didn't want to see his face. Her usual smiling self was replaced by a face with a slight frown, her eyebrows knitting together, looking around for the handsome boy.

She sighed to herself. It was clear he didn't show up - she should be happy, right? 

The girls all split cars, because there wasn't enough room in just one car. Instead of two cars, there were three.

Tiffany raised her eyebrow. "What's with the extra car? We just need two cars, we're wasting gas-" 

Jessica cut her off with a small smile. "We called manager-oppa and he agreed that you needed some time alone to... think... about your situation." 

Tiffany shook her head slowly. "I don't need any 'time', I'm fine-" 

Seohyun cut in this time with a firm look. "Tiffany, seriously, you can't ignore this forever. Just think about what you're going to do, arasso?" 

Tiffany hesitated before rolling her eyes playfully. "Ok, whatever you girls say," she grumbled, getting into the third car. 

After the car was out of sight the girls raised their fists and Taeyeon smiled. "Success!"

Kyuhyun got out of one of the cars, giving Seohyun a peck on the cheek before looking around. "Did she get in the car with Donghae?" The girls nodded and Kyuhyun grinned devilishly - he was, after all, EvilKyu - "Excellent."

~

The drive back to the dorm was going to be a long one - almost two hours.

Tiffany yawned and asked the driver to roll up the divider, giving her some personal space. 

She adjusted her position, getting into a comfortable position, ready to fall asleep, when she smelled a bit of cologne right next to her. 

She wasn't wearing cologne - let alone men's cologne.

Tiffany slowly turned her head and her eyes met with deep brown orbs framed by soft, masculine eyebrows. 

Impossible - it couldn't be...

"Hello Miyoung." he whispered softly, caressing her hair gently.

Taken aback (who the heck was she kidding, she was scared out of her wits!), Tiffany let out a bloodcurling scream that resulted in the driver abruptly stopping the car. He rolled down the divider and just sighed when he saw Donghae. 

"I let you in their because the girls trusted you - don't do anything to her or I will take action," he gruffly said, before pulling up the divider and continuing to drive. 

Tiffany's eyes were still widened and she stuttered, trying to form words - but nothing came out.

So, they were behind this? And even the driver knew? Oh, they're going to get it now...

Donghae waved his hand in front of Tiffany's eyes while quietly murmuring, "Earth to Miyoung, Earth to Miyoung~" 

Tiffany quickly snapped out of her thoughts and glared at him. "Yah, what are you even doing in here?! You're such a creep!" 

He frowned. "I thought you were gonna be happier than that - we haven't seen each other in months!" 

She simply glared and ignored him by turning away with a light 'hmph'. 

"Miyoung-" 

"Don't call me that." she grit her teeth together, eyes as sharp as daggers. "Okay, Tiffany-" He started, but was once again cut off.

"Don't even say anything. Everything has been said. We've been through this. Just let me be in silence or I will have to ask you to leave the car," Donghae gulped - she was a girl of her word.

He sighed. She really didn't want to talk to him. Donghae said nothing for a few moments, trying to figure out what to say. 

"Tiffany..." 

No response. Was she ignoring him now?

"Tiffany...?" No response.

He worriedly looked at her and saw her breathing - she was sleeping. "Aish, of course she falls asleep in a situation like this," he said softly, her cheek with the back of his hand. 

"If only you realized how much I missed you - perhaps you would realize how sincere I am?" he whispered to himself, tracing her lip's shape with his finger. 

Tiffany continued to sleep soundly, so Donghae proceeded to play with her eyelashes. "Aigoo, your eyelashes are so long~" he chuckled softly, taking this rare moment to admire her features. 

"...I wish you would've been happier to see me. Every night I cried because of you - did you know that? I have not dated any girl since that day and I wish you'd just know that I love you for you - even when you were just Miyoung to me." 

Tiffany POV

Donghae was whispering things to himself as I pretended to sleep - aish, he was so weird! 

"If only you realized how much I missed you - perhaps you would realize how sincere I am?" ...What?

He began to trace my lip with his finger and I struggled not to just open my eyes and shout at his invasion of my personal space - but of course, I was pretending to be asleep. 

He played with my eyelashes and it tickled. I struggled not to giggle. "Aigoo, your eyelashes are so long~" 

I silently composed myself, forcing myself not to open my eyes. 

"...I wish you would've been happier to see me. Every night I cried because of you - did you know that? I have not dated a girl since that day and I just wish you'd know that I love you for you - even when you were Miyoung to me." he said softly. 

Oh.

...Does he really feel that way?

Silently fighting with myself, I had an intense mental battle. Should I open my eyes and confess my love, right here and now, or just continue to sleep? Aish, this is so difficult-

My thoughts were cut short when I felt a pair of warm lips on mine.

~

Yes, it is sort of a cliff hanger! :D 

Thank you for being so patient guys, school's starting soon and I'm just in a rush to get things done - I probably won't be updating every few days during the school year, but this story's almost over, so it's okay! ^-^