Publicity

Do You Remember Me?

T I F F A N Y 

It was a few days into October; in fact Halloween was coming up and so was So Nyuh Shi Dae's comeback. We had a new single titled 'Hoot' and I liked the song because of the meaning and the fact that I got a lot of ad-libs... Heh.

I was studying when Hara burst into my room, panting, for some odd reason. 

"Someone didn't get enough exercise," I muttered under my breath jokingly. Hara gave me a glare and a pout before clearing . 

"Listen, I was just down at the cafeteria when I heard the COOLEST thing ever!" 

"Really?"

"Yeah! Guess what it is!" 

"... I have no idea. What is it?" 

"Just guess!" She said excitedly, clapping her hands together. "Um, sorry Hara, I honestly don't-"

"It's a HALLOWEEN PARTY!" She yelled, dropping back onto her bed happily. "Oh. When is it?" 

"October 31st, of course!" 

"Aw, I can't make it!" I said, pouting. "Why not?!" Hara said loudly, practically shrieking. I winced back, holding my ear. 

"Ouch, I need this ear to listen to tracks, jeez!" I joked, chuckling. 

"Sorry! But why can't you go?!" She said, pouting. 

"That's only like two weeks after I have my comeback-" 

"What comeback?"

"...Are you seriously asking that?" I said, wrinkling my nose. Hara suddenly blinked and laughed. "Oh yeah! Whoops! But are you sure you have to do something that exact day?" 

"I'm in a girl group. We're bound to have something that day. I'll call my manager to check our schedule though." 

"Do it now!" 

I sighed loudly before whipping out my phone and dialing my manager's number. 

"Yoboseyo?" I asked politely. "Hello, may I ask who's calling?"

"It's me, Tiffany. Jeez. You can't even recognize my voice! I'm hurt," I said, laughing lightly into the phone. My manager just laughed. "Whatever. There's a lot of you girls. It's not like I can distinguish all of your voices." 

"And you've been working with us for how long...?" 

"That's not the point! What are you calling for?" 

I chuckled at his response. "Um, I was just wondering if you could check our schedule to see if we're busy on the 31st." 

"Miyoung-"

"Don't call me that! You know I don't like being called that." 

He sighed loudly before continuing. "Tiffany. You know you can't do anything when you have your comeback. You're bound to have something scheduled and you can't let that get in the middle of your singing!" 

"Just check! Please?" I begged quietly. "Aish, one minute." 

A couple of minutes later he cleared his throat. "Ah, let's see... Interview in the morning from 6 to 6:30... filming for Star Golden Bell from 7 to 12... and from 1 to 7 you have a Music Bank performance."

"Aish! Six hours for a single performance?"

"You need your hair and make-up done, not to mention your costumes and soundcheck. And a bit of socializing with your fellow label-mates, of course." 

I sighed loudly. "Hold on." 

"Hara." She looked up from her 'Seventeen' magazine. "Yeah?"

"When's the Halloween party?" 

"From 8 PM to 12 AM." 

"YAY!" I said excitedly, clapping my hands together.

"Tiffany!" My manager yelled into the phone, making me cringe. "What?" 

"Make sure you watch past performances to improve your 'Hoot' comeback. Any flaws with singing or dancing, stuff like that, arasso-"

"See you later!" I abruptly closed the phone on my manager and jumped around with Hara for a bit before calming down.

"You know it's going to be my first time going to a party. Like a real 'party'... Not the ones with idols." I said, laughing. 

"I can't wait!" Hara said, grinning. She suddenly glanced at the clock and widened her eyes. "Oh... Crap! I have to be at my class in five minutes! We'll talk later, 'kay?" She grabbed her bag and slipped on her shoes, running out of our dorm.

That left me with nothing to do. Sigh.

I slid on sunglasses and a scarf that covered my mouth and part of my nose in order to get a disguise. I grabbed my laptop and hauled it around along with my purse. 

Walking outside I suddenly felt the crisp breeze of the fall season and the bright blue skies with only a couple of cumulus clouds.

Yeah, that's what I said. Cumulus. Indicating fair weather. 

Haha... Nerd alert! Just kidding. ...Yeah. Whatever.

I was strolling around the campus when I spotted a nice little cafe. Walking inside it felt really warm and had a cute atmosphere to it.

...And it had free wi-fi.

The cafe was pretty crowded and only a couple of tables were open. Taking a seat I laid my bag and laptop down on the seat across from me, making sure my scarf was covering most of my face. 

A waitress came out, sighing loudly. "What can I get you?" It sounded more like an annoyed statement rather than a question.

"Oh, hello! This is my first time coming here, so do you have any recommendations-"

"Listen, I'm friggin' tired and you're just making me more pissed. What the HELL do you want to order?" 

I widened my eyes and cringed. "Um, I'm good for now, thanks!" I said quickly, pulling out my laptop. 

She left with an annoyed 'hmph' and I just shook my head quietly. 

S I W O N 

Donghae had a class to attend and it was only around 2 PM. I took a stroll around campus before it became a little too chilly. I walked into the nearest cafe and saw it was pretty crowded.

From behind I could see a girl watching SNSD videos from their live performances. I was thinking that maybe I could watch some videos with her.

Okay, wow, I sounded like a creep there...

Anyways, I walked up to the girl and she was watching Fany's part. Wow, this girl has some good taste-

"Terrible dancing." She muttered quietly, watching the rest. She would skip to other parts of the song with Tiffany on the center of the camera, including Tiffany's singing part.

"A little off-pitch..." She muttered quietly, writing down a few notes in her notepad. 

I couldn't take it. I marched right up to the girl and cleared my throat. She turned around and the girl had a pair of sunglasses and a scarf on in a warm cafe. Weird.

"...How may I help you?" She asked quietly. I couldn't see her eyes.

"I'd like to ask why you are criticizing SNSD when you don't even know them. Do you even have the special talents they possess?!"

Okay, I went a little fanboy there. But still.

She laughed quietly. "Oh, no, you don't understand-"

"Can you sing? Dance? In front of thousands? Cameras?" 

"But-"

"The answer is no! Because you have no right-"

She pulled me down by my shirt and removed her scarf, whispering into my ear. "It's Tiffany, Siwon!" 

I looked at her with disbelief when I finally realized it was her. "Oh, mianhae, I must've looked like a creep." I mumbled, bowing my head a couple of times. 

"It's fine, Siwon, really! I was just reviewing my past performances in order to do better for our comeback later this month!" She said, grinning widely.

It made my knees wobble a little bit. "...O-oh." 

"So what brings you here, Siwon?"

"I just took a stroll and it got a little chilly." I said, grinning sheepishly. 

"Silly! You need to put on more layers!" I looked at her empty table besides her laptop. "Did you order anything?"

"Um, no, I don't even know what they serve here." 

"Let me order for you!" 

I signaled the waitress to come out and she looked pissed off. But when she looked in my direction her frown turned into a wide grin and her drooping shoulders turned into a seductive strut.

Tiffany grumbled to herself while closing her laptop, putting it away. 

"How can I help you?" The waitress asked, blinking rapidly. "For the lady I would like a hot chocolate and for me I would like a mocha frappe." 

The waitress looked over at Tiffany and rolled her eyes. She leaned down to my ear and whispered, "Are you with that girl?" 

I shook my head and she took a card and scribbled her number on it. Tiffany chuckled and received a glare from the waitress.

"Listen, we're kind of busy right now, so do you mind leaving us alone?" I asked, shooing the waitress off. The waitress sneered at me before angrily leaving. 

We both enjoyed our drinks and small talk. After exiting the shop we bid each other farewell. The store was quite busy as other students on campus rushed past the us in order to reach their classes in time - one person ran into Tiffany who tripped and fell, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"Aish, I'm such a klutz!" She said embarrassedly, covering her warm cheeks. 

I chuckled in agreement. "Yeah, you-" Someone pushed me onto Tiffany, leaving us in a compromising postion - click, click - for about five seconds before we awkwardly got up, dusting ourselves off.

"...Yeah, um, I'll see you later Siwon!" Tiffany said awkwardly, walking away quickly, leaving me smiling to myself.