First Day

Do You Remember Me?

M I Y O U N G 

I laughed at Uee flirting with Donghae. She took the seat next to him, making her sit in front of Seohyun. Uee glared at her friends, giving them the 'back-off' look. They scoffed and sat a few seats behind Seohyun and I.

After the bell rang, signaling the start of the school day, everyone became quiet as the teacher took attendance. 

He began to talk about the school curriculum, school events, dress code, academic dishonesty, the importance to complete and hand in homework, boring stuff like that.

"...As this is a prestigious private school, I expect a lot out of you guys."

That's one detail I forgot to mention.

Seoul Academy is the most prestigious private school any kid can enroll in. 

Which basically means if your family has no cash, you can't attend.

Unless you have a scholarship. Which I have. Not many people have scholarships to this school, so I'm one of the few. 

The bell suddenly rang, signaling our lunch break. 

The class gave a loud cheer and the teacher smirked, allowing us to leave.

"Miyoung-ah, do you want to sit with my friends and I at lunch?" He asked, his pearly-white teeth showing. "S-sure."

I looked at Seohyun. "Can Seohyun sit with us as well?" He nodded. "Of course!" 

"I need to get my lunch from my locker. You can go on without me," He shook his head. "We'll wait for you! Right Seohyun?" He looked at her and she gave me a nod.

I walked to my locker and pulled out my homemade lunch. Rice and kimchi with an egg.

"You have a small lunch! How can you survive on that?" Donghae asked, rubbing the back of his neck. I giggled. "I need to eat small meals to..." 

How do I say this? Maintain my figure because I'm a trainee for SM Entertainment?

"Stay healthy?" Seohyun asked, putting a finger on her chin. I quickly nodded. "Y-yeah. Yeah! That's it." 

We arrived at the lunchroom and Siwon, Kyuhyun, and Eunhyuk were already sitting at a table, motioning Donghae, Seohyun, and I over. I sat down next to Donghae while Seohyun sat down next to Kyuhyun. 

Both of their faces turned slightly pink and they looked away awkwardly, leaving Donghae and I laughing quietly.

I took out my small meal and everyone had a much bigger lunch than mine. Donghae chuckled while eating a mound of rice probably meant for a family of four. 

I looked at Seohyun's meal and it was small too. "Staying healthy?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She shook her head. "I'm a trainee for SM Entertainment." Everyone at the table, including myself, dropped our mouths open.

I was surprised. How did I not meet her yet?

We talked about how we weren't in their homeroom or classes until a certain someone came to the table.

You guessed it. Uee.

Uee was a few feet away from the table while Eunhyuk, Siwon, and Kyuyhyun gave wolf-whistles, much to the embarrassment of Donghae. 

"Stop it!" He said, nervously looking at Uee. She smirked at Donghae, putting her hands on her hips. "Hey oppa." 

Siwon choked on his food. "O-oppa? You know her like that already?!" Donghae quickly shook his head. "No! We just met!" 

Uee smirked, putting her face close to Donghae. "It's more than that and you know it." Donghae shook his head. "I actually d-don't know it..."

Uee looked over at Seohyun and I. "Ugh. What are those two doing here?" She pointed in my direction much to the defense of the guys. 

"They're our friends. Back off." Donghae said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I blushed, quietly eating my kimchi. She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I'll see you in class, oppa." She winked and left to her table.

Kyuyhyun grinned like crazy. "Oppa." He said in a girly voice, imitating Uee. Donghae glared. "Not funny, Kyuhyun!"

Kyuhyun held up a peace sign like nothing was wrong and continued to eat his meal. Eunhyuk coughed something that sounded like "that girl was hot". Donghae glared at him before looking at Seohyun and I.

"I'm sorry you're sitting at a table with a bunch of idiots." 

"It's okay. They're funny." I said, laughing. Donghae gave me a warm smile. 

I looked at Seohyun who was trying to sit as far from Kyuhyun as possible.

"What are you doing?" I mouthed to Seohyun. She looked at me helplessly. "N-nothing." She whispered, her cheeks turning pink. I raised both eyebrows. "Do you like him?"

She shook her head quickly and I laughed. "You do."

The table became silent and I looked at the guys at the table who were intently staring at our mouths, trying to decipher our conversation. "W-well? What are you looking at? Go back to... Conversing." 

They all laughed and began to talk again and Seohyun gave me a nervous smile while looking at Kyuhyun who was laughing loudly. I gave Seohyun a knowing smile and the bell rang. Donghae excused himself to the bathroom and Seohyun and I were walking back to class.

"So, do you like him?"

She nodded. "A lot. But he probably doesn't like me, so..."

I shook my head. "You're beautiful and nice. What else could a guy ask for?" I joked, giving her shoulder a reassuring hand. 

Seohyun went to put away her lunch and I was at my locker, putting away my lunch, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Readjusting my glasses, I turned around and came face-to-face with Uee and her friends.

Uee sneered at me. "Listen, I don't know how close you are with Donghae-oppa, but I want you to back off. Arasso?" She put her hands on her hips. She was really intimidating. She was like, what, four inches taller than me?

She glared at me. "ARASSO?"

I calmly looked at her. "Yoo-jin-sshi, I don't know what you have against me-" She slammed her hand next to my hand. "Don't call me Yoo-jin! My name is Uee! Get it right!" 

I raised my eyebrow. "Okay, Yoo-jin..." Uee looked like she was about to rip me apart when I heard someone clearing their throat. We looked next to us and there was Donghae and Seohyun, looking at us with widened eyes. 

Donghae folded his arms. "Is something going on here?" Uee gave a fake smile. "Of course not. We were just returning to class, right Miyoung-sshi?" She asked, gritting her teeth together. I gave her a smile. "Yes, we were."

After sitting back down at our seats we sat through mathematics, my best subject. Donghae turned around and tapped my desk. I looked up. 

"I don't remember anything from Algebra one! Why did they put me in Algebra 2?" He asked, rubbing his forehead. I laughed quietly and explained everything to him. "Oh! Thanks, Miyoung!" 

The bell rang signaling the end of the day. "Don't forget to do your homework!" The teacher said, looking sternly at us. A mixture of mumbles and grunts were their response. Donghae smiled, looking at me. 

"Do you have a mobile phone?" I nodded. "Why?" He smiled, looking at me. "Can I have your number? Strictly for school purposes." He said quickly, rubbing his neck. I grinned and gave him my number.

"See you tomorrow! Or maybe talk to you today!" He grinned, walking off with his friends.

I packed all of my stuff and walked outside when I caught up with Seohyun. "Hey Seohyun! You wanna hang out today?" She shook her head hesitantly. "I have to go to the SM Entertainment building. I have practice." She sighed, rubbing her forehead.

I gave her a smile. "Wanna know a secret?"

She nodded. "...I'm a trainee for SM too."

"Really?!" She asked, looking completely dumbfounded. I grinned. "Yeah. So that's why I had a small meal." She grinned at me. "Do you wanna know a secret?" I nodded. "I'm in this school with a scholarship." I gasped. "I am too!" We both laughed loudly at our same situations.

She gave me a smile. "Maybe we can debut in the same group!" 

I nodded, grinning, and we both walked to my house and asked my mom for a ride to the building. After arriving, we went to a practice room and began dancing and singing.

Our teacher looked at us seriously.

"You all are doing very well. But remember, only a select number of you are going to be put in this group. This group will be debuting in a few years, as you are very young."

Everyone whispered words of excitement and Seohyun and I grinned at each other.