Figuring Out Feelings

You Changed Me For the Better

It was another typical morning. You wake up, get ready and change into your uniform, and go downstairs to make breakfast. This time you made waffles instead of pancakes. Zelo came downstairs and started eating the waffles you made. You took the jar of syrup and started pouring syrup onto your waffles. "~~~~~ that's too much syrup, your going to get sick," Zelo said the same thing you said to him the other day. You laughed and stuck out your tongue, "Neh, umma."

Zelo reached out his hand and started to ruffle your hair, making it a mess. You glared at him thinking, I'm going to give you 3 seconds. Hana.... Dul... As if he read your mind, he started running for his life into the living room. "Yah oppa!" you started chasing him around the living room. When you were close to him, you jumped right onto his back, "Omo!"

You were laughing while still on his back, "Ok oppa. You can put me down now." "Andwae. I'm walking you to school like this." "EHHHH!?" Zelo grabbed your's and his bag and headed to the door. When he opened it, you saw Suzy waiting for you. "Oh Suzy unnie!" you waved at her. "Uhh... Suzy unnie?" she looked at you all confused. "Neh. My birthday is on Christmas day, so I was just guessing that your birthday is before then. Am I right?" Suzy nodded, "Neh. My birthday's on October 10," she said with a grin on her face. "Oh! You're birthday is this weekend! We should throw a party!" "A-ani it's ok." "We insist," Zelo said. You smile at him and nodded.

Suzy then noticed that you were on Zelo's back, "Urr... Why are you on his back?" "This is her punishment for jumping on my back," Zelo answered for you. "But you started it first!" you argued. Suzy giggled at both of you.

As you were walking to school, Suzy just remembered what she was wondering about last night, "Uh... ~~~~~. Are you and Zelo-shi siblings?" you shook your head, "Ani. We live together, because when I was young he helped me out because my life was messed up," you assured. "Ohh... Then are you guys dating?" Both you and Zelo's face turned red, "N-no!" both of you said. Suzy laughed at your reaction. She spotted Jongup and called out, "Jongup-shi!" Jongup turned around and saw Suzy. He smiled and waved.

His smile faded when he saw you on Zelo's back. Suzy noticed that and turned around. Does he like ~~~~~ or something? She frowned at the thought.

"Why are they like that?" Jongup asked Suzy. "Molla. Ask her yourself," she lied.

When you and Zelo caught up with Suzy and Jongup, Jongup asked, "~~~~~ why are you on his back?" "I jumped on Junhong oppa's back because he dares to touch my hair, but now he won't let me down till we get to school," you pouted. "Here. Let me help," Jongup started tickling Zelo and he let go of you. Before you could fall over, Suzy was just there and caught you. "Oh gomawo unnie." she smiled and looked at Jongup who was tackling Zelo by tickling his sides. "HAHAHAHA STOP. HYUNG!"

--------

You four arrived to school, and you and Suzy went into your first class. The teacher hasn't came yet, so you sat beside each other and started talking about random stuff. Not till Hyuna came between you two, facing you. "What do you want Hyuna?" you asked her, annoyed. "Stay away from my oppas!" you knew she was talking about Zelo and Jongup, and you snapped back, "Since when were they your oppas?" she then slapped you hard across the face, making you fall out of your seat. Damn. Since when did she become so strong. "~~~~~!" Suzy screamed and went by your side. Now the whole class was surrounding you three. "I see you made a new friend. Now stay away from my oppas!" Hyuna yelled out.

You stood up with the help of Suzy, "I told you already. Their not your oppas!" Hyuna was about to slap you again, but this time you blocked it with your hand. You grabbed it and started squeezing her hand, making her yelp and go to the ground. Suzy and some other people in the room widened their eyes while the others knew that it would happen if they messed with you.

You let go of her hand and yelled, "Go! I don't want to see your face." With that, Hyuna ran out of the classroom crying. "~~~~~ gwenchana?" Suzy looked at you worried. "Neh. It's just that my cheek hurts." "You should go to the nurse and see that." "Ani it's ok." Suzy nodded.

The teacher came in and everyone went back to their seats and class started.

--------

Finally, it was lunch. You and Suzy started walking to the cafeteria to get your food. "~~~~~ do you mind if I sit with you guys?" "Not at all!" you smiled. When you got your lunches, you led Suzy to the school garden where you reguarly eat your lunch with Zelo and Jongup.

"Hey ~~~~~. Suzy." Zelo and Jongup greeted. "Hi Junhong oppa and Jongup oppa." "Hello Zelo-shi and Jongup-shi."

You went and sat down beside Jongup and Suzy sat down beside Zelo. You were eating your sandwich, but had troubles eating it because of your burning cheeks. Jongup noticed the action and turned to you. He then saw how red your cheeks were, "~~~~~ what happened?" he asked and reached out to touch your cheek. When you made skinship, you winced of the pain. He looked at you worried, "Let's go to the nurse." before you could protest, Jongup grabbed your arm and dragged you out of the garden.

Zelo and Suzy were all alone in the garden now. They were both was shocked of Jongup's actions towards you. Zelo looked at the ground, feeling sad. What happened to her!? Why haven't I noticed!? That should've been me taking her instead of Jongup hyung. "Gwenchana?" Suzy asked, snapping Zelo out of his thoughts. "Ah neh. What happened to ~~~~~ tho?" "She got into a fight with Hyuna, and Hyuna slapped her," she said while looking at the ground. "Did she do anything!?" Zelo said, furious. "She did, when Hyuna was about to slap her again. She grabbed her hand and squeezed it, making her go to the ground." Zelo nodded.

"Umm... Zelo-shi. Can I ask you a question?" Zelo turned to Suzy and just nodded, "do you like ~~~~~?" Zelo slowly nodded, while facing forward, "I've liked her ever since we started living together." "And when did you guys start living together?" "About 9 years ago." Suzy was surprised at how long he liked you.

-------

Meanwhile in the nurses office.

Mrs. Kim, the school nurse, checked up on your cheek and said, "It's ok, but you just have to ice it for a bit. You can rest on the bed for awhile and I'll phone your teacher that you will be dismissed from the class." You nodded while holding the ice pack to your cheek. The nurse left you and Jongup alone. You layed down on the bed, "Gomawo Jongup oppa." Jongup sat down on a chair next to the bed, "Your welcome, but why didn't you tell us in the first place?" "Because I didn't want you guys to worry," you said with a small smile on your face. Jongup smiled back.

After a little while, you were fast asleep. Jongup was staring at your sleeping face and held your hand, "I wish you knew the feelings that I have for you ~~~~~." he whispered and came up to you and kissed your forehead gently, "saranghae."

What he didn't know was that Suzy was behind the door looking through the window and listening to Jongup. She saw the confession... the kiss. She then slid down the wall and started crying softly while hugging her knees. I knew it. I knew he liked her.