Running the Distance.

The Servant Girl

 " yah....yah seo eungi" i heard someone say my name.

" mmmmmm" i moaned ignoring it wanting to sleep more.

" yah seo eungi! wake up! my arms asleep!" my eyes snapped open as the voice fully registerd. it was ilhoon. i looked up at ilhoon sitting up.

" omo! you shouldnt be sitting up!" i said jumping up. " here met me check your temperature. i said and leaned forward kissing his forehead. i felt him stiffen under me as i froze noticing what i was doing.

" yah! what are you doing!" he said pushig me away. i stumble dback a little falling ack into the chair.

"oh! im so sorry, it was a force of habbit, thats hoe my mom used to check my temperature."  i said emabrrassed. i could feel my cheeks heating up. " ah! what time is it!" i said looking at the clock. " you need water." i said moving for the piture.

" yah! stop! i already drank it! your doing it again!' ilhoon hissed. i turned to him confused.

" doing what?" he sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

" your over stepping your boudries as a servant." i sat the glass down shocked.

" i understand im sorry." i said bowing and walking towards the door. " ill leave you be, you seem to have broken your fever some time in the night you should be able to take care of yourself from here."

" seo eungi..." i hesitated hearing him say my name in that cold way of his. " how is your hand." he stated in a clipped manner.

" huh?" i said confused. " did you just-"

" never mind! i didnt ask anything. you can leave now." he said laying down and pulling te covers up. i nodded and left the room stopping just outside his door... did he just ask about.... did he know i was injured? i hid it from him though. shrugging i headed down stairs to make breakfast .

" servant girl! wheres my breakfast!" changsub called coming into the kitchen. " what are you doing!" he hissed running over and pushing me carefully away from the stove.

" hey! im trying to make you guys breakfast like you told me to!"

" dont use the stove! you already burnt yourself! make us cereal its cold and easy." i opened my mouth to argue. " go! cereal!" he ordered pointing to the fridge and dropping the pan into the sink. " my stove is off limits to you understand! thats an order from boss to servant so you ahve to obey!"  i looked at im unbelieving. i just shook my head and walked over grabbig out bowls and pooring cereal.

" there... cereal!" i said a little to sharply. huffing i walked up the stairs to hyunsiks room where sungjae was staying while ilhoon was sick. i poked my head in to see hyunsik and sungjae both asleep. i stepped in and walked quietly over to the bed. " hyunsik oppa... sungjae..." i whispered quietly so i didnt scare them. i tapped hyunsiks shoulder under the cover and he stirred a little hitting sungjae.

" mmmmmm!" sungjaa moaned kicking him. i giggled at the two boys.

" wake up!" i said tapping them again. hyunsiks eyes popped open and he sat up fast dropping the cover off him and pulling it off sungjae as he went. i gasped in surprise and my cheeks started heating up. they where both shirtless and in boxers. " yah cover up!' I said covering my eyes.

" huh? why?" hyunsik mumbled sleepily. i pointed towards him without opening my eyes.

" you dont have clothes on."

" huh oh? does this make you uncomfortable.? come here ill give you a hug itll make it all better." i dropped my hands in surprise as hyunsik jumped up and tried to grab me in a hug. i screamed and started running around the room avoiding him. i jumped up on the bed sungjae still fast asleep.

" dont come any closer to me!" i squeaked.

" hey whas going on in here?" we stopped where we where and looked over at minhyuk watching us confused.

" grab her! i want a hug!" hyunsik said to minhyuk. i looked wide eyed ebtween the two boys as they came towards me.

" yah! dont you dare!" i said and jumped off the bed over minhyuk. i ran towards the door and flung it open smacking face first into someones chest and tumbled to the floor. i looked up in shock at an also very surprised chunagsub.

" omo! are you ok!" he sai bending down an helping me to my feet. i nodded. " yah! what are you guys doing! shes  servant not a torture maid! leave her be!" changsub said defensivley. what this his way of showing me he cared?

" hey changsub chill! we where just playing with her." changsub gave a pouty look.

" shes not here to play shes here to work.... which is why im here servant girl..... i need food." he said soudning unsure like he just decided it on the spot.  i nodded smiling to myself.

" yes sir! what would you like?"

" porridge?" i nodded and left the room in a hurry glad to be away from the half boys. happily i starrted putting together changsubs porridge. i was pooring the pooridge into the bowl when the phone rang. switching it into one hand i picked up the phone. "yoboseyo?" there was silence and heavy breathing and a sniffling.

" noona?" i cracked tear filled voice. " noona.... auntie--auntie shes...." my hands where shaking, was this really her? how did she reach me? what was wrong. " aunties dead!!!" she screamed into the reciever all her anxiety exploding at once, i was so shocked the porrdge slipped from my hand clattering to the floor spilling everywhere. i could hear her sobbing into the reciever, i could practically imagine her tiny frame shaking with fear.

" chun hei." i sid my voice cracking, i ha to get to her. " chun hei!" i screamed into the reciever.  her sobs quieted enough so she could hear me. " im coming." was all i said as i disconnected the reciever. i knew exactly where she was i kept close to her watching, and now i would go get her like i promised. i ran to the door grabbing my shoes.

" eungi-ah? what happened?" i turned to see sungjae, hyunsik and minhyuk watching me from the stairs. i knew i could trust them for help.

" i have to go do something its really important.... ill explain when i get back just do me a fvor.... dont let the otehrs find out im gone ok?" i didnt wait for thier answer becuase i knew i they would help. i turned and fled from the house running as fast as my legs would carry me. i had three miles to run but it felt like a countrie was between me and chun hei.... between me and my scared, little sister.