My beast was back.....

The Servant Girl

I woke up with sun streaming in on my face. I felt disoriented before I noticed I was in a room. Sitting up straight I looked around and saw I was in hyunsiks room. How did I get up here? The power cords! I gasped jumping out of the bed and running down stairs. I ran to the window to see a bunch of electrical workers in the yard.
“ they should be done in an hour.” I turned around in surprise to see ilhoon sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in one hand and a plate of food in front of him.
“ did you take me upstairs?” I asked sitting at the table across from him. He didn’t answer me but stood up and walked away. Sighing I stared down at my hands. I smelt coffee as a cup was held out in front of me. I looked up at ilhoon who was looking away from me and I took the cup timidly. “ thank you.” he said nothing and sat down sliding a plate in front of me.
“ eat.” nodding I started eating the food.
“ did you call them?” I asked finishing off the food on the plate, I had been very hungry.
“ no, hyunsik did…” I nodded feeling he didn’t want to talk to me. “ listen seo Eungi..” I looked up at my name. “ ummm, well… about last night… I apologize for snapping at you like that… it wasn’t my place.”  he said shyly looking down. I couldn’t help but notice the slight pink flush to his cute cheeks. My heart picked up its beating a little. Taking a deep breath I looked away.
“ ummm, its ok… uh how are you?” I asked changing the subject. He nodded.
“ im fine, electricity is all gone.” I nodded feeling awkward now. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and I walked over to answer it on a force of habit. I gasped in surprise at what I saw.
“ ma’am… are you Seo Eungi?” three police officers where standing on the porch of the house. Ilhoon walked over to see what happened.
“ sorry can I help you?” he asked opening the door the rest of the way and looking at the police.
“ sorry sir, we need to take miss seo Eungi in with us to the station for questioning.” ilhoon looked at me wide eyed.
“ hey guys the wires are all cleared and-” we looked back at hyunsik and the others as they filed in seeing the police. “ whats going on?” he asked taking in the worry on my face.
“ they say they need to take seo Eungi with them.” hyunsiks eyes widened. Ilhoon looked back to the police. “ can we ask why?” the police cleared his throat looking to his colegues.
“ are you family of miss seo?” ilhoon shook his head.
“ no sir, just employers.” he nodded.
“ then im sorry we cannot disclose that information until further investigation, miss seo will you please come with us?” the police stepped forward pulling out his handcuffs.
“ exucse me is that really necessary?!” ilhoon protested stepping in front of me. I gasped in shock.
“ ilhoon ssi! don’t!” I said trying to get him to sotp before he got in trouble. He looked down at me worry on his face. I felt myself embarrassed that I finally get a sincerely nice reaction out of ilhoon and its because im about to be arrested. I shook my head getting him to stop. I felt cold metal around my wrists as they clamped the cuffs down once ilhoon reluctantly stepped aside.
“ unnie?!” I heard a sweet voice call out in shock. I whipped my head around to see chun hei running into the house towards me.
“ hyunsik!” I hissed. He quickly scooped up chun hei before she could run all the way to me. Ilhoon stared at her agape not knowing what was going on. I felt so horrible towards him. “ ill be back.” I said to them and then let the police drag me out. They pushed me into the back of the car, and shut the door, I looked out the window as we pulled away in time to see ilhoon run out the door after the car, only to be stopped by hyunsik and minhyuk. I looked to peniel holding a crying chun hei. Tears rolled down my face.
“ get out.” the police said at the station, I climbed from the car and was escorted inside where I proceeded to be processed. After about an hour of processing, I was ushered to an interrogation room where a big burly man with a bad comb over sat across from me. He flipped the slobbery toothpick he had in his mouth back and forth trying to be intimidating. I just snorted and turned my head.
“ seo Eungi, where were you yesterday at three o clock?” I waited a moment thinking, I was with chun hei covering up the accedental murder of my aunt, but would I tell them that no.
“ mmm, I was at work at the house you picked me up at, ask anyone of them about my where abouts they’ll tell you, and I proceeded to stay there last night stuck by the storm.” I said leaning forward. “ as you say air tight alibi.” I said getting a little cocky.
“ how do you know you’re a suspect for something? Guilty?” whoops. I quickly back pedaled keeping my cool.
“ ive seen enough crime dramas, you only ask the person that question if you suspect them of something, so I figured id give you my alibi and get this over with.” this seemed to annoy the man. For the next what felt like eight hours but in actuality was only four, I was stuck in the room being interrogated over and over again by different people about my wear abouts. I sighed as I leaned drowsily against the table as I was asked the same questions yet again.
“ I tolled youuu! I was at work!” I moaned exaughsted.
“ and you sister had been staying with you for the last few weeks?” the man asked again.
“ yesss!!”
“ then how come she was seen by the bus driver leaving your aunts house and getting off there.” I sighed.
“ because I couldn’t have her dropped off and picked up at my work place, so I had her dropped off there and I picked her up.” I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. There was some comotion out in the hall way and the door to the room burst open and a flustered little girl came in.
“ sorry sir, but uh, we couldn’t stop them they insisted.” she said just as six men walked angrily through the door.
“ I believe you have something of ours.” a baby faced boy said, the tone of his voice not giving any room for arguing. I couldn’t help the large grin that spread across my face.
“ yoseob oppa! Doojoon oppa!” I said jumping up. The burley man jumped up and shoved me back down in my seat roughly. Yoseob growled and moved towards me to be blocked by two security guards.
“ your done questioning her! She has an aliby you have no right to keep her here any longer unless you have something to charge her with.” jun-hyung oppa said stepping into the room and grabbing my hand. I smiled up at him. He gave my hand a squeaze.
“ what! You have no authority-”
“ we are her guardians now that our aunt has passed away, you have no right to question her without us here in the first place… we could have you sanctioned for that so what is it, sanctioned or discharged.” doojoon said stepping forward.
“ oppa.” I said longingly to hug him. He gave me a warming smile and turned back to the red faced comb over man.
“ discharge her.” he said angrily. They police took me away from the oppas and took me to be discharged. I walked form the police station door to be greeted by my six oppas.
“ oppas! How did you guys get here!” I said running into doojoons arms. He hugged me tightly.
“ chun hei called us, she was crying she said you where arrested… lets get away from here before we talk.” doojoon said looking towards the station. I looked up and saw that the burley man was watching us cautiously. I nodded and followed after them. We walked to a café where we could talk privately. All seven of us crammed into the back corner in a little booth. “ Eungi… chun hei said it was her.” doojoon said holding my hand. I sighed.
“ auntie was beating her…” I said defensively, doojoons grip tightened on my hand.
“ she wasn’t!?” he said astonished. I nodded sadly.
“ you guys left, and she turned, she started beating me but she never laid a hand on chun hei while I was there. She got so bad I couldn’t stay around so I took chun hei and left, but I soon had to return chun hei because we would have both died on the streets if I kept her. I went and visited her as often as I could and she never said anything of auntie hurting her, and she didn’t look like it…. But it was bad oppa… so bad when I saw her beaten like that…. If it hadn’t been chun hei who killed her I would have.” I said stonily. The boys where watching me with sad eyes.
“ you covered for her.” kikwang said understanding why the police had me now. I nodded.
“ I cleaned away all traces of chun hei, and the one place I couldn’t was where her blood was spilt… so I spilt mine there erasing any solid proof of chun hei being there.”  
“ pabo… you shouldn’t have done that, they wouldn’t have been able to prosecute chun hei shes to young, but you..” yoseob scolded.
“ doesn’t matter, I didn’t want chun hei to be involved in this at all, this could ruin her future.”
“ but what about your furture! They arent going to just stop investigating because we got you out of there now, are you willing to go to jail for no reason just so she keeps a clean name! she has no chance of going to jail.” jun hyung said angrily. I slammed my hand down on the table making them stare at me in shock.
“ it doesn’t matter! She will not be tainted by this because I couldn’t keep her safe! It was my responsibility to make sure nothing happened to her! You guys left us alone with that retched women, and I couldn’t handle it so I left my poor innocent little sister there to be beaten! For that ill do anything to make sure nothing touches her again.” I said looking each one of them in the eyes. “ anything.” I said making it final. They all looked down in shame, and I felt guilt for what I said. It wasn’t their fault they left, they knew auntie was a horrible women but they didn’t think she could do that much. “ sorry… I didn’t mean to say that.” dong woon shook his head.
“ no your right Eungi-ah…we left you, and you did what you thought you had to… we have no right to scold you for that.” we sat in silence a moment letting the weight of what was to come settle over us.
“ Eungi-ah… if your going to keep chun hei out of this then we better do it fully.” doojoon said making me look at him. “ well keep this a secret from her, well help you hide it, hide that your being investigated, and as soon as it looks like itll touch her… you have to leave.” my eyes widened. “ it’s the only way. You wanted this, well take you away well run and protect you like we didn’t before, but you cant bring chun hei… not at first.” I couldn’t believe this was happening. “ but that is a last resort ok, just go on like nothings wrong, well be there with you the whole, way. If things get bad well get you out.” clenching his hand I nodded. Everyone nodded giving their silent agreement.
“ now…. Lets go see chun hei.” yoseob said standing up, his adorable baby face was back to normal no traces of the earlier anger that made him so different. Smiling I stood up wrapping my arm with his.
“ yea, lets do that.” I said and me and yoseob skipped from the café like little kids.
“ yah! Act your age yang yoseob!” jun hyung called. When we got back to btob’s house everyone was sitting in the living room waiting. I opened the door and hyunsik jumped up.
“ Eungi-ah!” he called. Chun hei looked over the couch and lept up running to me.
“ unniiiee!” she cried out. I picked her up and held her tightly.
“ don’t worry im home.”  beast walked in behind me and all of btob stood up in shock. “ guys these are my cousins” I said gesturing to them behind me. “ this is doojoon, jun-hyung and yoseob.” I said pointing to the boys on my left they all waved. “ this is dong-woon, kikwang, and hyun seung.” I said gesturing to the other three who nodded as greeting. “ guys these are my employers… hyunsik, changsub, eun-kwang, peniel, sungjae, minhyuk and….” I looked around but ilhoon was nowhere to be seen. “ wheres ilhoon?” I asked surprised. The boys all looked to each other uneasy.
“ uhhh…” minhyuk said nervously scratching the back of his neck.
“ he went to a club unnie.” chun hei whispered in my ear. I felt myself freeze, but I hid it well. He went to a club? So he didn’t care at all that I was arrested? Why would he, im just a worker anyway. I cleared my throat so I didn’t show any dissapointment.
“ oh ok, well theres one missing but that doesn’t matter.” I said to my oppas. “ listen, anyway, just to clear the air, they brought me down for nothing it was a mistake and that’s why I was discharged, so no body needs to worry… ok.” I said making sure every understood they all nodded. “ and my oppa’s are going to be visiting me a lot here is that ok?” I asked making sure.
“ uh, yea that’s fine.” hyunsik said nervously nodding his head.  I smiled happily.
“ good, oppa’s ill see you tomorrow then.” I said giving them kisses on their cheeks and hugs, as well as chun hei.
“ ok, Eungi…. Ill call you later ok.” doojoon. I smiled nodding, me and him had always been the closest when he was around and I had missed him a lot. Waving goodbye to everyone I closed the door.  I smiled to myself…. My beast was back.