Final Day

The Servant Girl

 

My head lay against ilhoon’s chest, my head rising and falling with his every breath. I cried against him as he slept, I wasn’t ready to leave. I didn’t want to leave.

“ ilhoon please wait for me… im begging you. Keep your promise and forgive me for anything. Forgive me for whats about to happen, and just know no matter what you hear… you knew me best.” I whispered to his chest. His arms where wrapped around me, and as I talked he squeezed. I looked up but he was still sleeping. I reached up and gently traced his features with my fingers wanting to remember them, these would keep me going through whatever was to come.

There was a knock at the door snapping me out of my daze. I had been watching ilhoon sleep for the last few hours I couldn’t take my eyes away afraid of when I did it would be the last time I saw him. My heart raced as I stood up and slipped my clothes on. It was time. I slipped from the room and went downstairs opening the door. My oppas stood there sadly.

“ eungi-ah.” Doojoon said his voice cracking. Breaking down I threw myself into his arms finally letting myself cry with someone.

“ oppppaaaa……” I sobbed. “ im so scared.” Doojoon was shaking.

“ me to sweetie…. Me to.”  I pulled away only to be wrapped in an embrace by kikwang. It went like that until I reached all the way around the group of my oppas.

“ a-are they coming?” junhyung nodded. We all sat in the living room talking quietly now.

“ they left the police station so we came straight over…. Thirty minutes.” He said sqeezing my hand. I nodded quietly. I heard feet bounding down the stairs. Everyone popped up looking at the sad group ahead of them.

“ whats going on?” hyunsik asked. I stood up looking at them all, I avoided eye contact with ilhoon though If I looked at him I would do it, I would give up and make them all run away with me bringin chun hei into this.

“ peneil take chun hei outside to play.” I said seriously.  He noticed something was wrong and didn’t argue. “ guys you need to sit down.” Watching me confused they all sat down. “ theres something I need to tell you before they come.” The guys all looked at eachother.

“ what is it?” ilhoon said. I flinched at his voice. Oh how I wanted him to hold me.

“ a while ago when I brought chun hei here it was because we did something bad… it was an accident but it still happened….. we-“ I was cut off by a loud banging on the door.

“ no! they are to early!” doojoon said jumping up. I looked wild eyed at doojoon.

“ i-I im so sorry!” I said as the door burst open and the cops filed in. the boys all jumped up.

“ whats going on here!” hyunsik demanded.

“ seo eungi…. You are under arrest for the murder of-“ the cop reached out to put a hand cuff on me but ilhoon jumped up blocking me from their reach.

“ don’t touch her!” I gasped in shock.

“ move boy, you don’t want to get in troule for no reason.” He stood still.

“ ilhoon…. Stop.” I said pushing him gently aside.

“ eungi-ah.” I held my arms out excepting the handcuffs.

“ drop it ilhoon…. Guys explain.” I said as the cops removed me from the house and pushed me into car. I looked down at my feet as the guys all ran out of the house watching after me in complete shock. I looked for ilhoon and I thoguth I was going to die… a look of complete devastation was on his face…. Seeing that I think I would have rather him hate me.

 

“ seo eungi, do you admit to the murder of seo chung?” I nodded. “ answer with words.

“ I admit to the murder of seo chung.”

“ did you have any accomplices?”

“ it was me only, no one knew about it no one was involved.” They had been getting everything out of the way for the last six hours. I had just admitted to it beuase their investigation was either going to land on me or chun hei. I had to make sure it was mine.

“ this is all recorded, do you agree that we gave you all you rights, and you refused council.”

“ I agree.” I said.

“ there was no force behind anything?”

“ no force it was all my will.”  The police shut the recorder off and sighed.

“ you seem like a nice girl….. im sorry this had to happen, I know chung was an evil women.” He said patting my shoulder as he left. Sighing I sagged against the table. I felt my life spiraling.  “ you have a visitor…. Five minutes.” The cop said. He opened the door and doojoon walked in sitting in front of me.

“ how are you doing?” he asked I could see his eyes where puffy and red from crying.

“ I confessed… so there wont be a trial… ill go straight to sentencing tomorrow morning when the judge is in.” doojoon burst into tears again.

“ oh god.” His hands where shaking as he reached out and cupped my face. “ chun hei will never know how great a sister she has…. You are a wonderful girl and we should have taken care of you more.” He said tears streaming heavily.

“ opppa…. Don’t do that.” I said touching his hand on my face. “ I love you and you did more for me then anyone could have asked.”

“ ill be there tomorrow at your sentencing.” He said standing up trying to hold back his tears. “ and so will the others.”

“ don’t let ilhoon come…” doojoon looked at me surprised. “ I don’t want him to see me like this… im sorry to ask you to do this…. Tell bell him not to wait for me oppa…. Who knows how long ill be in there…. And he deserves someone better then this.” I said staring at the table.

“ ill tell him… but he could never find a girl better then you. Circumstances aren’t everything eungi-ah… you’re the best girl out there.” He kissed my cheek and left. The cops came back in and removed me from the room bringing me to my cell. I was alone until the sentencing tomorrow. I lay down on the bunk and stared up at the ceiling. Flashes of ilhoon ran across the ceiling.

I didn’t sleep a wink all night. I sat there waiting for them to come and get me.

“ seo eungi…..” I sat up looking at the cop unlocking my cell. “ its time.” He looked at me sadly like he was sad for me. I nodded and hopped down letting him replace the cuffs on me. “ did you sleep?” I shook my head.

“ ill have plenty of time for that.” I sighed and walked silently down the hall. The cop led me in and I sat down at the table he took me to. I looked behind me to see doojoon oppa and the others there… the only person missing was chun hei peneil and ilhoon. I gave them all a weak smile and turned back to the front not able to face their crying faces.

“ all rise!” the balif called. I stood up as the judge walked in looking down at the floor.

“ we are here for the sentencing of seo eungi for the murder of seo chung. What do you plea.” I looked up at her showing as much respect as possible.

“ guilty.” The judge nodded.

“ your sentence…. 5-6 pending parole.” The clanked the mallot and stood u leaving. I stood frozen wide eyed staring at t floor. Six years….. I would be in for six years….. I could hear the guys sobbing behind me.

“ noonnnaa!” sungjae cried out. I couldn’t help but look up to see minhyuk and hyunsik restraining a sobbing sungjae who was trying to get to me. I could see they where crying as well. I looked to the door gasping in shock. Ilhoon stood there stone still, h yes red rimmed as he watched me shock in his eyes but his face blank. He stepped towards me but I dipped my head and walked away with the police arms in handcuffs.

“ seo eungi, you will be processed and we will take a list of people who are and aren’t allowed to visit.” I looked at the cop who tried to be nice.

“ theres only one name you need to know.”

“ which is?”

“ jung ilhoon.”

“ let him in?” I shook my head.

“ under no circumstances let him into my visitation.” I said coldly and walked to my cell. My heart felt like t just died.