The first step to comfort.

The Servant Girl

 I sat there in the cold wondering why i did that, why did i just jump off the bus like that in the middle of nowhere? i was almost free! if i would have just sat still i would have been fine! now i was stuck in the middle of nowhere with no money, no way of contacting anyone even if i had someone to contact, could it get any worse... suddenly little white flurries crossed my view. i looked up surprised to see it snowing.

" oh you have got to be kidding me! i wasnt serious!" i called to the gods. sighing i laced the boots on my feet up tighter and started trekking down the road. the guilt in my stomach had been so over whelming that i couldnt sit on the bus any longer. " what a waist of money! you stupid eungi!" i chided to myself. " now what are you going to do! you ran away the boys are bound to have noticed! if you go back there theyll call the police for sure..." i mumbled to myself. i looked around to make sure noone was around to here me and think i was crazy... even though that would mean i would have to be somewhere people would be! " even if they dont you actually have to make it back there without freezing to death!" i kicked the ground with my foot making a rock jump off the ground. i heard a crash sounding like broken glass and looked up to see a sleek black car screeching to a hault with a rock sized whole in the window. my eyes widened and i clapped my hands to my mouth. the front door opened and a tall firgure stepped out.

' yah!!!" the person screeched looking at the broken glass. " yah! chincha!" he screamed in disbelief. he looked to me and my heart dropped into my stomach." servant girl!" hyunsik said with wide eyes!

" omo! im so sorry! i didnt think anyone was aroundi didnt mean to i promise!" i said fast trying to displace some of his anger.

" what?... oh forget about the window i can fix it, what are you doing out here! its snowing and the middle of nowhere!" he said walking towards me. i just stared at him in confusion. was he not angry.

" wait? arent you upset about the window?" he looked back at it then back to me.

" i was but im over it." he said shrugging. " but you didnt answer my question what are you doing out here? why arent you at home? how did you even get here?" he stopped comming to a conclusion. " oh where you running away?" he asked in surprise. when i didnt answer he nodded his head in understanding. " we where really bad werent we?" he said in an embarrassed tone. " look get in the car its cold out here and its nice and warm in there." he said nodding to the car.

" umm probally not anymore." i said pointing to the whole i had made in the window. he nodded holding up a finger and dissapeared back to the car.

" here." he said handing me his jacket. " put that on for now." i hesitantly took it and slipped over my arms. it smelt of expensive cologne, it was nice. it was warm as well from being on hyunsik. i tucked my hands into the pockets and pulled it tighter around me. hyunsik walked back to the car and pulled something from the trunk.

" what are you doing?" i asked in confusion.

" im fixing the window until we get to the next gas station, they can fix it there." he said not turning to look at me but focus on what he was doing. a few minutes later he had fixed up the window enough to keep the cold out with some adhesive patches. " done! now hop in!" he said putting everything back in the trunk. " unless you dont want to? i mean if you prefer you can stay out in the cold, but wont you feel guilty?" i rasied a brow at him.

" why would i feel guilty." he chuckled.

" because. i wont leave you here alone in the cold so that means ill have to stand here with you, and you have my jacket." he said rubbing his arms and shivering for effect. sighing i nodded and walked towards his car. " so why where you running away?" he wasked as he pulled away down the road. i sighed.

" because, you guys are to much! and servant girl really! i have a name!" i huffed. hyunsik chuckled beside me.

" yea sorry about that, i didnt reallly want to treat you that way, but i have to keep pretences up in front of the guys you know, im much nicer then that. what are you telling me you never noticed that i asked alot less of you then others?" he said looking down at me questioningly. i shrugged.

" i hadnt no." he shook his head and continued driving.

" so are you going to come back with me?"

" mmm havent the others noticed im gone? would the others even let me." hyunsik shook his head.

" its like two in the morning, they arent even home yet. out partying i bet, the only one probally home is sungjae... and i doubt he'll mind." i looked at him. " yes ive noticed you to have a little kinship thing going on there, dont worry ill keep it a secret." he said crossing his heart with his fingers. i couldnt help but chuckle a little bit. " so is that a yes?"

" mmm" i said nodding. hyunsik smiled and my heart skipped a beat. it was breath taking. we pulled into a gas station and hyunsik parked the car by the service center.

" come on lets go get something to drink while they fix the window." he said hopping out of the car. i reluctantly followed after him. i wasn't completly comfortable with someone who was just calling me servant girl. " eungi-ah! come on!" i looked up surprised at a grinning hyunsik waving me forward. that was the first time one of them used my name in a kind way. my heart warmed up in my chest. I felt like i had two allies in that house now... maybe i could bare with it.

" comming!" i said feeling giddy. i ran after hyunsik. hyunsik ordered me some food and a hot coffee to warm me up.

" did you walk all the way out here?" he asked taking a sip of his drink. i shook my head swallowing the mouth full of food i had before i spoak.

" no, i bought a ticket but i got off the bus halfway."

" bought a ticket?" i froze realizing what i just said. " you didnt really give that money away the first night did you?" he said watching me. i sat down the sandwhich and cleared my throat nervously.

" umm, no, i hid it in the bathroom." there was a moment of silence before hyunsik cracked up laughing. " what?"

" you hid it... in .. the bathroom!" he said between fits of laughter. it was infectious because soon i found myself laughing hard as well.

" i guess that was pretty stupid..." i started calming down from the laughing.

" yea, you could have gotten away scott free if youd have given it back why did you keep it?" i sighed.

" becuase i thought i could run away with it later, little did i know guilt would make me sick on the bus and have to get off." i said pouting to myself.

" well, i guess now you really do have to pay us back. i promise though ill be even more nice to you."

" dont make it obvious ok? i dont want things going bad for you and sungjae because of me." he nodded and we went back to our food.

" noona your home!" sungjae said running down the stairs as i walked in the door. hyunsik stepped in behind me and sungjae stopped in his tracks looking nervous. he cleared his throat of little kid giddieness. " servant girl! wheres my dinner!" i couldnt help but laugh at his act.

" its ok sungjae, me and hyunsik are friends now."i said giving him a pat on the head. sungjae seemed to relax exponesioally.

" thats good, i always knew hyung was one of the nicer ones." sungjae said brightly. nodding i quickly went to the kitchen and whipped something for sungjae up to eat for breakfast since it was almost 7am.

" i think things are going to get alot more comfortable around here." hyunsik said sitting on the couch and stretching out. sungjae took his food and sat beside hyunsik comfortably.

" i agree hyung. noona is here to help us and we have her all to our selves." sungjae cooed. i simled tiredly yawning.

" im going to bed, goodnight you guys." i said and headed for the door to a chorus of thier goodnights. they where right i think our friendships are the first steps to comfort. i smiled to myself as i readied myself for bed.