Doctors orders.

The Servant Girl

" hurry! Get in here!" I screamed. I heard for steps bounding down the hall seconds before the door burst open and Minhyuk and Hyunsik ran in worry in thier faces. " ilhoons sick! He just collapsed get him to the bed and call the doctor!" I ordered frantically. Hyunsik nodded and lifted ilhoon carefully to the bed while minhyuk dialed a Doctor. " quick bring me some hot water and i cloth." I said gently pushing Hyunsik away from ilhoon so i could get to him. Remembering the administrations my mother used to do for us i quickly pressed my lips to ilhoons forehead to feel his terperature better. I heard Minhyuk gasp behind me but i ignored it. His fever was blazing my lips still felt the heat after i pulled away. Hyunsik returned with a bowl and some rags. " set it down." I dunked the clothes in the water and rung them out then started placing them on ilhoon, one on his forehead, one on the back of his neck, and some strategically placed over his body.

" what are toy doing?" Hyunsik asked worry for ilhoon in his voice.

" regulating his temperature so he doesn't over heat. " i said not paying much attention to the boys that where filling into the room now.

" the doctors here what happened?" Eunkwang said running in with a man behind him. The doctor rushed right over to ilhoon and started taking his temperature and other things. I stepped back getting out of his way.

" let's leave the doctor to work." I said ushering the boys from the room. No one argued. We all sat out in the hall waiting for news on ilhoon.

" eungi ah" i looked up at the soft voice, it was Eunkwang standing in front of me his head tilted down.

" yes?" I asked politely.

" thank you..... if you hadn't been there with ilhoon who knows when we would have checked on him.... So thank you." He said giving a slight bow. I nodded. " don't think me saying this gets you off your servant duties either." He said quickly but i could see a little hint of a smile on his face.

" wouldn't dream of it." I replied and he walked away. We sat in silence from then till the door to ilhoons room opened.

" maam... Can i speak with you a moment?" He said looking at me.i nodded and followed the doctor down the hall away from the prying ears of the boys. " you did a fine job of caring for young master when he first collapsed." young master? I was caught off guard by that. " so i would feel much easier when i left if i where to have a guarantee you'll be the one caring for him...the others bless thier hearts love ilhoon to death....which im afraid well actually be sooner rather then later if they are left to care for him...please promise me you'll help him? I have left instructions to his care on the desk in his room, if you have any questions my number is on there, so will you take care of him?" I hesitated only a moment before i nodded.i couldn't refuse a plea for help especially for someone as sick as ilhoon. " thank goodness." He said sighing in relief. he quickly bid his farewell to the others and left.

" that did the doctor say?" peniel asked wlaking over with changsub tailing behind.

" he said not to let you boys near ilhoon until he was better... so shew! " i said waving them off so i could get into the room.

" but we want to help take care of him!" sungjae whined trying to follow. i turned quickly placing my arm on the door seal blocking any of the boys from entering.

" you want to help? then please stay out of here until i say so got it? if anyone of you take as little as one step into this room servant girl here will push you down the stairs........ and then rub salt in your wounds." i said menacingly and shut the door in thier faces. running over to the desk i grabbed up the paper with instructions. it was simple, keep ilhoon hydrated, giving him water every hour and tea three times a day. keep him comfortable... watch him and most importantly keep the boys away. chuckling i sat the paper down. ilhoon looked like he had just drank water so what could i do for an hour? 

" mmmmmmm" i looked up surprised, ilhoons face was contorted and he was sweating. my heart beat raced with worry for this boy.

" illhoon-ssi?" i whispered leaning closer to him.

" umma?" he whispered. my heart renched with pain. he wanted his mom. i pulled a chair closer to his bed and sat down placing a hand over his. i expected him to wake up and shove it off but he flipped his hand over grasping mine tightly. gently i pat his hand on mine with my free one and started to hum the song i remember my mother singing to me. ilhoons face started to relax as he drifted into a deep sleep i sighed with relief.

" great what am i suppose to do now?" i mumbled to myself. i was stuck sitting like this for an hour, and he was clenching my injured hand... tightly. trying to ignore the pain i kept humming to ilhoon to keep him comfortable. 

i felt sweat start to bead on my face and my stomach start to turn as the pain got worse... but i couldnt wake ilhoon up yet, he still had another fifteen mintues before he needed water and he was sleeping so soundly, i looked at him staring at his face.. he was awfully cute like this, he had puffy cute lips and cute baby cheeks... his nose was like a button. i felt my face heating up. i quickly looked away feeling embarrassed even though no one was there to know i was gawking at the sick boy on the bed. 
  the fifteen minutes where up and i sighed with relief, knowing i could wake up ilhoon now. i hesitated still thinking he was resting so peacfully and sleep was good for a sick boy.. but the doctor said hydration every hour and my hand was burning like i stuck it in a plate of hot metal.

" illhoon-ssi... wake up." i said gently patting his shoulder with my free hand. " ilhoon." i said again a little firmer this time. he made a sound and started to move his eyes flickering open. he looked at me with a confused experession momentaily before he noticed he was grasping my hand.

" yah!" he said weakly dropping my hand roughly. i gasped in pain as blood started rushing back to my hand making the pain of the injury even worse. i felt nausea well up inside me... i had to hold it down ilhoon was the one really sick here i couldnt be sick in front of him. " hey are you ok?" i heard him ask confused. but i couldnt focus, the pain was so searing that my hand was convulsing like the burn was fresh. " hey your shaking!" he said moving.

" no! dont move... your sick." i said between gasps of pain i got up hiding my hand from his view and poored him a glass of water. " drink this... the doctor said water every hour." i was speaking between clenched teeth trying to keep the pain and nausea off my face. " here..ill be back." i said and hurried from the room not sure how much longer i could hold it. after i was out of his site i ran down the hall to the bathroom and threw myself at the toilet as the pain finally broke my will and i up chucked my lunch.

" omo! eungi-ah! are you ok!"  i felt a pair of hands gently pull my hair back from my face. " your hand is bleeding!" after i was sure i finished everything out of my stomach i looked up at changsub watching me wide eyed. " what happened!" he gasped. he grabed the first aid kit quickly from the sink and took my hand again. " im sorry eungi-ah this is going to hurt." he said sadly and started pulling the bandage from my hand. the blisterd areas had popped while ilhoon was holding it and the bandage was dried to the area with the blood so it yanked as changsub tried to pull it off.

" ahhh!" i gasped trying to pull my hand back. changsib held tightly to my wrist and finished moving the bandage.

" what happened did you burn yourself?" i nodded. " you shouldnt be using this hand at all what did you do to make it this bad." he scolded me.

" nothing, ilhoon was having trouble sleeping so i held his hand but he held it kind of tight thats all." i said like it was nothing wrong. changsub quickly clenaed and re wrapped my hand. he stood up about to leave without saying anything to me but stopped and turned back around.

" yah! servant girl.. do as i say and dont let ilhoon hold your hand.... dont use that hand at all.... got it!" he said like an order from boss to servant.." you wont be ale to do our chores if your injured." he mumbled and turned to leave. i shook my head and returned to ilhoons room. he was sleeping soundly now so i didnt eed to let him hold my hand again. i returned to the chair beside the bed and rested my head on the edge waiting for the next hour to pass so i could wake him up again.