Seven

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

“Yoboseoyo?” Jiho said as she answered his phone. Sora and he were still at his aunts restaurant now eating the house specialty – ramen. “Ah, dae, dae I’m at the restaurant now, if you all want to come... Of course I’m not alone, you know me.” Jiho said as he eyed Sora. To his disappointment she hadn’t even noticed that he was on the phone, she was too intent on eating her noodles.

Jiho hung up the phone and grumbled to himself annoyed at Sora for not noticing him.

Five minutes later, a group of six young men arrived to the restaurant and were warmly greeted by Jiho’s aunt and began to head in Sora and Jiho’s direction.

“Hyung!” One of the members said as he shook hands with Jiho. Sora looked up them from her noodles, which were still dangling from .

“Hyung... who’s this?” Another member asked, he had red flaming hair and strong features. The rest hung back silently observing.

“Yah! Ahn’s mysterious producer! Jiho-ah what are you doing with her?” Said another who Sora recognized, and in return chocked on her noodles. She quickly looked at Jiho with dagger eyes.

Jiho cleared his throat and looked at Sora. “She’s just a friend, don’t mind her. And Jaehyo, shut it.” He replied curtly. They all pulled up a chair and stared awkwardly at Sora and Jiho who were still eating.

“Uh-uh this is Block B.” Jiho said after awhile. Sora looked at each and every one of them for a few seconds, before nodding.

“Annyeong, Ahn Sora-imnida.” Sora said bowing her head slightly. They all took turns to introduce themselves, and suddenly the air felt less awkward. Suddenly, Sora’s phone began to ring and she looked at it. The caller ID read that it was her father, yet again. She pressed the red button, and put it back down on the table, grabbing for her glass of water avoiding their eyes.

Once again her phone rang again, this time, everyone leaned over to look at the caller ID on her screen, it read “Abeoji”. Sora sighed and let in ring, this time on silent. Suddenly, everyone’s eyes were on Sora.

“Wae?!” She asked annoyed. Everyone was silent and looked down at their own cellphones or hands, except for Jiho.

“Shouldn’t you pick it up, he’s been calling you all day...” He replied with a crease in his forehead. Suddenly Sora got annoyed.

“No.” She replied frankly, and began to sip her drink once again.

“Aiish, I hate girls like this. So childish.” He replied sitting back in his chair looking at her disgusted. Sora stared at him for a few moments.

“And I hate guys who interfere in other peoples lives, and force them out for dinner.” Sora said as she got up from her chair. She picked up her phone, bowed slightly and walked away from the table. Suddenly she stopped and walked back, eyes directly aimed at Jiho.

“Delete my number from your phone. Right now.” She said. Jiho looked taken aback by her comment. “You too.” She said as she turned to look at Jaehyo. Jaehyo cowered in his seat and nodded.

Sora her heel and left them all at the table looking stunned. Secretly she walked over to the counter, where Jiho’s aunt was, counting money and offered to pay, but when she was refused, Sora still took out her wallet and put in a little over 100 dollars into the tip jar, and walked out before Jiho’s aunt even noticed.

“Nosy bastard.” She uttered as she walked over to the bus booth, and waited for her bus.

~

Several days later, she was sitting in class when she received a excited text message from Da Hee.

“YAH AHN SORA! I JUST GOT INVITED TO AN EXCLUSIVE PARTY NEXT WEEK. WE MUST GO!” read the text message from her best friend.

Sora smiled at the text and replied that she would go, without a doubt with her.

“Ahn Sora, is that a cell phone I see?” Said a deep voice from in front of the class. Sora’s head snapped up and she smiled sheepishly. The teacher just shook his head and continued his lecture of the history of fashion in South Korea.

Sora put away her cell phone and picked up her pencil, and began to sketch loosely in her book. Subconsciously she began to sketch the face and body of Jiho, in all of her art related sketches.

“Psst!” A girl with too much plastic surgery said as she tried to get her attention. Sora looked up from her sketch, lazy eyes.

“Wae?” Sora mouthed to her. The girl pointed at Sora’s notebook and put her thumbs up. Confused Sora looked down, and heat rose to her face. Suddenly she had noticed what he had drawn. She had drawn a lean and toned muscular body, and Jiho’s face. Suddenly she closed her notebook quickly and looked straight ahead of her, completely embarrassed.

Lunchtime had arrived, and Sora was thankful that she was able to go outside and breath in some fresh air to clear her mind. She quickly texted Da Hee, and told her that she was outside, sitting in the grass taking in the sun. A few minutes later, Da Hee arrived, beaming.

“Look what I just received in the mail?!” Da Hee said as she looked down expectantly at Sora. Sora grained and shrugged her shoulders. “Oh c’mon guess!”  She prompted. When Sora would not answer, she sighed in defeat. “You’re seriously no fun.” Yet, she still smiled as she held up two golden envelopes. “Because I am part of the wonderful BBC fan club, I won two tickets to the exclusive congratulatory party!” She squealed.

“BBC? What?” Sora said sitting up and looking at her friend. Sora grabbed one of the tickets and flipped it over in her hands a few times reading the contents. As she read in the invitation, she froze as her eyes passed over who were hosting the event. In big bold letters she read ‘Block B’.

“No. Nope. I’m not going.” She said throwing the invitation back at Da Hee.

“Yah! You just said you would without a doubt!” Da Hee exclaimed with a sad expression. “Do you know how hard I worked to get these tickets?”

Sora sighed, and looked over at Da Hee, who was looking down at the invitation mournfully. “If you don’t go, I wont. You know I don’t go anywhere without you.” Da Hee replied as she threw the golden invitations into her bag, and sat down sulkily.

“Aiisssh! Alright, alright I’ll go, but you owe me!” Sora replied and could not help but smile as her friends face lit up. "The things I do for you..." She added as they both got up, and walked off campus for lunch.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! A wee chapter this time, but I should have another one up by tonight!

Get ready for some ;)

-A