Twelve

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

“Jiho-ah! Come quick, there’s something wrong with your girlfriend.” Jiho’s aunt said into her phone as she watched Sora with concern.

Sora had left her fathers office and wandered the streets for a bit until she found her way to her favorite restaurant. There, she ordered her usual even though she didn’t have an appetite, and just stared blankly at the food, feeling numb from all of the events that had happened.

“Yah! Imo, how many times do I have to tell you –” Jiho began but quickly stopped when he realized who she was talking about. “Wae?” He asked suddenly asked.

“Palli!” She said and hung up looking at Sora with a worried look.

A few minutes later, Jiho walked in and found his aunt.

“Why’d is she here so late?” Jiho asked as his aunt looked at him with concern.

“I don’t know, but its bad this time. She hasn’t touched her food since she got here. This is not like her. And she’s been staring without saying anything...” She trailed off as Jiho looked in the direction that his aunt was looking in. His eyes fell on Sora and he too sensed that there was something utterly wrong.

“How long has she been here for?” Jiho asked as he looked back at his aunt, but his aunt only shrugged and pushed him towards Sora.

Jiho walked slowly towards Sora, never taking his eyes off of her. Once at her table, he just stood there and waited for her to notice him, but when she didn’t, he sat down directly in front of her.

“Yah! Sora.” When she didn’t respond he repeated her full name and when that was to no avail, he reached across the table and pulled her bowl of ramen and began to eat it. “Aiish, food can’t be wasted.” And he began to slurp down the ramen, even though it had long turned cold, when even this didn’t receive a response Jiho sighed once again.

“Yah! Ahn Sora!” He almost yelled, and this time reached across the table and grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze. This worked, for Sora slowly looked down at her hand, still somewhat not truly seeing what’s in front of her. To Jiho’s surprise, she did not recoil from his touch, but rather opened her hand and flipped his hand over so that she could examine his palm, ever so lightly tracing the lines in his palm with the index finger of her free hand.

“S-Sora... i-is everything alright?” Jiho stuttered taking aback by the Sora’s touch. Once again, he was taken aback by Sora, who shook her head in response. He inhaled sharply, not knowing what to do.

“Where are your keys? I’ll drive you home.” He said as he took his hand back from Sora’s hands. Sora’s head shot up and Jiho was once again taken aback, but this time from shock. From behind him, he could a small gasp from where his aunt was watching them.

“Y-yah! What happened to your face?” He asked bewildered, reaching over to touch her jaw, and under her eye.

“I don’t have a home... anymore.” Sora said so quietly that Jiho had to strain to hear her. She gave him a small smile, which caused the split, which had newly healed split open, and blood began to once again run down her chin. Once again he reached over and rubbed the blood away from her chin.

“Of course you have a home. Come I’ll drive you there.” He said with a little irritation, but when Sora shook her head, he walked over to her side of the table and tugged on her arm so that she would stand up. Yet Sora let out a cry of pain and buckled over from pain, causing Jiho, so keep her standing up right by holding onto her waist.

“Yah! What happened to you?!” He asked her suddenly concerned, when she didn’t answer, Jiho picked her up, sweeping her legs over his one arm, and supporting her back with the other and began to walk out of the restaurant.

“Imo, can you bring her stuff, and bring it to the car?” Jiho asked his aunt as he passed her. She nodded vigorously as she walked to the table that Sora was at.

Jiho carried her to his car, and placed her in the passenger side seat. He stepped back out as his aunt came around the restaurant with all of Sora’s belongings, her two bags and one wooden box. He grabbed the items from his aunt and hugged her quickly, kissing her on the head before heading back to the car. He put the items in the back seat and then turned back to Sora. He reached back into the car and brought the seatbelt around her. He leaned in close to her, and Sora felt comforted by the heat of his skin, but as soon as it was there it was quickly gone.

Seconds later, they were driving out of the restaurant’s parking lot and were on a highway.

“Jiho-ah?” Sora said in a hoarse voice. Jiho instantly looked at her surprised that she had broken the silence.

“Yeah?” He asked turning his head back to the road. His whole body tensed waiting for Sora to reply. Hearing her voice gave him an odd feeling of satisfaction and peace of mind.

“Can you take me somewhere where I can forget? Just forget everything for a few hours?” She replied quietly as she looked out the front window. Jiho studied her profile and nodded, it was the least he could do for the moment.

~

Twenty or so minutes later, Jiho and Sora were sitting in the studio at the school, with the lights dimmed so low they were almost completely off. Jiho sat Sora down in of the chairs, and sighed nervous.

He suddenly pulled out his iPod and plugged it into the computer and began to play a song.

“Don’t laugh, arasso?” Jiho said as he looked over at Sora. Sora had shrunken herself into her chair, her head resting on her knees. She nodded as she closed her eyes and let the song envelope her. Multiple hard base beats poured through the speakers as Jiho’s voice and two others, slightly higher pitch and another extremely deep began to rap along with the beat. Sora began to smile as she listened, she lifted her head and began to nod her head to the music, totally enthralled by the beats, and then it suddenly stopped.

“Yah! Why did it end like that?” She asked looking at Jiho, who was in turn staring at her, mouth slightly opened.

“You liked it?” He said still staring at her, and she nodded smiling once again. Jiho’s heart began to speed up as he watched her face break into a smile

“Did you write it?” Sora asked him, never taking her eyes away from his face. He nodded and watched as Sora unfolded from the chair and rolled over closer to Jiho and the control board.

“Thank you.” Sora whispered still looking at Jiho. He swallowed hard still looking at her, still mystified as to why his heart was beating so fast.

“For what?” He asked, finally taking his eyes away from Sora’s and rubbing the back of his neck, then fidgeting with his hat.  When she didn’t answer immediately, he looked over at her, but she was back in her previous position, knees tucked close to her chest, despite the pain. She tilted her head towards Jiho and watched him again.

“For making me forget.” She forced a smile as she closed her eyes. “Thank you for earlier also. It’s late, you can leave, I’ll call someone in the morning.” Sora continued in a small voice. This time, she rolled her head down into her knees and almost immediately fell asleep.

“Sora... Yah Sora!” Jiho said as he watched her deep and slow breathing. She was asleep and there was no way of waking her up.

With a deep sigh, Jiho thought of two options, one, letting Sora sleep here for the night, or bringing her back to the dorm to sleep. He knew that there was something wrong at home for her to deny that she had a home, and so he knew he couldn’t bring her home.

Quietly Jiho stood up and reached down to Sora and carefully picked her up. As quietly and as carefully as possible, he carried Sora out of the studio and brought her to his car.

“What am I going to do with you, Ahn Sora?” He said quietly as he catiously leaned in and kissed her softly on the forehead before quietly shutting the door to the car.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter, but I felt that I have left you deprived for the last few weeks...

So here a wee bit of fluff-ish stuff haha ;)

I hope you liked it! I will try and get some writing in tomorrow, but there is no garentee since I have to do

some well needed cleaning for New Years Eve and Day! <3

-A