Three

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

By the time Sora arrived at her house light had already begun to fill the sky. She removed her sunglasses and hat and threw them onto the seat next to her. She ran her hand through her hair as she turned into her drive way.

5:45 AM. Sora yawned once more and shuffled her way to her front door. As her hand reached for the handle, the door suddenly flew open.

“HA! I got you!” Sneered Sora’s younger sister Nara. “You’re going to be in so much trouble.” Sora looked up at her sister and sighed.

“How many times have I covered for you, when arrived home at this hour?” Sora replied as she pushed past her sister and into the front entrance. She bent down as she removed her boots and slipped on her slippers.

“Like mom would believe you...” Nara trailed off in a pout. She folded her hands around her waist in a defiant manner.

“Who said anything about telling mom...” Sora replied with a smirk. Her smirk soon turned into a full-fledged smile as she saw Nara’s face drain of blood.

“Yah!” She screamed. Sora gently pushed past her.

“Stop frowning so much, it’ll stay permanently on your forehead.” Sora said quietly as she walked past her sister and into the kitchen. Nara followed in tow, not ready to give up.

“Well what will papa think if I tell him how late you stayed out to till tonight, huh?” She asked Sora, jutting out her chin. Sora opened the fridge and pulled out the carton of orange juice. She drank directly from the carton.

“Do as you wish. Father would be proud that I am actually breaking some rules.” She replied to her sister. Nara in frustration stomped her feet, her arms lay rigid at her sides as she fisted her hands.

“Go back to bed Nara, your man will be coming later today no? Catch up on your beauty sleep. Tonight may be your last chance...” Sora said to her sister and laughed as her sister’s face once again drained of colour.

“And why would I need beauty sleep?!” Nara spat back as she touched her face lightly.

Sora smiled at her younger sister. Though they were a year apart, they very much both disliked each other. They both got along brilliantly, to the point where Nara would follow and copy everything that Sora had done, yet once Sora had rejected to follow in the family business by auditioning, all hell broke lose within the family. Nara began to follow her mother around instead of Sora, and as a result had become a copy of her mother. A more irritating copy that is.

Sora squinted her tired eyes at Nara, and slowly began to point at her. “You’ve got a pimple brewing...” she trailed off quietly. She watched in amusement as her sisters’ hand touched the spot, which she had been pointing to. Her eyes grew big in horror.

“AHHHH!” She screamed, presumably waking up the whole household.

Sora quickly drank one more gulp from the carton and put it back in the fridge before running up the stairs, two at a time to her room. She reached her room before panic had erupted in the house.

From her bedroom, she could hear her mother’s soft coo’s as she tried to calm Nara down. Sora chuckled, as she laid back in bed, enveloping herself in sleep.

~

Sora began to thrash in her sleep. Her sheets began to tangle themselves around her ankles and legs, constricting her.

She was dreaming. Dreaming a horrible dream about snakes and large black bears that were destroying and eating her designs. She woke up gasping for air, sweat beading off of her forehead.

“Omo! That was really scary.” She said as she sat up in bed and untangled herself from her sheets. She looked over at her clock and it read: 3:12 PM.

“Aish... I overslept again.” She scolded herself. She walked over to her desk and the underhead light, exposing the colour sketches that she has drawn the day before. She scratched her head as she contemplated the designs.

“Sora, you need to take a shower before the guest arrive. I don’t want you being seen.” Said a loud voice as she opened the door. Sora jumped.

“Yah! Mom knock will you!” Sora screamed at her mother. “And I’m twenty! I don’t need you to tell me when I need to take a shower.” She snapped once again.

Her mother looked at her sternly. “Excuse me?” she said simply. Sora looked at her mother annoyed.

“I was just about to go anyways.” Sora said quietly as she walked over to her wardrobe and grabbed some clean clothing.

As Sora was gathering her clothing, Sora’s mother had quietly walked over to her desk and examined her sketches. She sighed.

“From many of the mothers appraisals, I thought you’d be better. I’m quite disappointed in your sketches actually...” she said curtly, and walked out of the room leaving Sora, mouth slightly open in astonishment and hurt.

~

Several hours later, Sora’s mother found her sitting in her room on the floor meditating with her back to the door. Sora was gathering her thoughts, trying to figure out how to redo the sketches. Yet something was still blocking Sora’s train of thought.

Who was that guy yesterday, and why was he so familiar.

“Sora. The guests will be arriving in a few minutes. Remember, extra vigilance. Don’t leave.” Her mother ordered, when Sora did not respond her mother snapped. “Ahn Sora! Answer your mother!”

“Yes, yes. Don’t leave the room. Nara’s man is here.” Sora replied in a sarcastic manner. Her mother cursed her under her breath as she left the room. There was a soft click as her mother locked her door.

Sora turned around and laughed.

“Oh mom. Don’t you know I can unlock it from the inside? Tsk, Tsk...” Sora laughed to herself as she got up and sat at her desk. She turned the light back on, and picked up a pencil. She breathed in a sigh and began to sketch on a fresh piece of paper.

Minutes passed into hours as she became lost in her sketches. Paper after paper began to be sketched on, and more and more did she become frustrated with her work. She sat back in her chair, and pulled up her knees defeated. She stared at all of her sketches that were sprawled every which way across her desk and the entire floor.

“This won’t do...” She said to herself. Suddenly she received a flash back of the night before with the mysterious friend of that guy she had helped. She brought the pencil she was holding up her lips and pondered.

“What would I dress him in...” She began to think as she batted the pencil against her teeth deep in thought. Then all of a sudden as, as if a weight had be lifted she became enlightened and searched through her sketches to find her sketchpad. Suddenly and also furiously she began to sketch. She sketched out his exact body frame, and loosely began to sketch his features behind a dark pair of shade. Next she worked on the body. Sketch after sketch, the different fashion styles began to poor out, and soon her sketchpad had been completely exhausted of its paper.

Male sketches littered began to mix in with her other female fashion sketches. She got up quickly and searched her room for an extra sketchpad. She ran over to her bed and searched underneath but to no avail. She went to her wardrobe and searched purses, positive that she had a few hidden in one of her bags, yet once again she was confronted with disappointment.

Then suddenly she remembered where had left a spare “emergency” sketchpad. In her car. She pulled on a pair of sweats with a tightly fitted knitted shirt and banned her hair with the pencil that she had in her hand.

Sora left her room, and walked down the steps and out of the door, unnoticed. She ran over to her car and unlocked it. She opened the back door and reached into one of the side pockets and pulled out a brand new unused sketchpad.

“Yes!” Sora squealed in delight as she walked back to the door. Once inside, colour drained from her face as she remembered that her family had company over. She could hear the loud chatter and deep laughs of the individuals that her father had invited.

“Where did Ji Hoo oppa go?” Sora heard her sister chirp. She had such an unnaturally high pitched voice for a young woman.

Sora heaved a quiet sigh, and began to climb the steps, bare footed, not bothering to put on the slippers for fear that they would make noise. She glued herself to the wall as she quietly walked up. Once on the landing, which leads down to her room, Sora breathed a sigh of relief. She had made it, unnoticed.

She smiled to herself as she pulled open the sketchbook. She fished in her pockets for a pencil.

“Where did it go? I was sure I had one before I left...” she said as she neared her room. She walked in absent-mindedly and closed the door behind her. She began to tap her lips in thought. What outfit would suit him best? She asked herself.

Suddenly she looked up, heading towards her desk. She stopped dead in her tracks. Before her stood a young man looking over her desk at her sketches, clearly so captivated that he hadn’t noticed that she had walked in. He was wearing dark and leather like skinny pants. She could see the muscles of his body clearly defined underneath the material.

“Omo! Who made your suit?” She asked out loud, clearly annoyed with the fit.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and suscribing! :) I have a wee question, if you would like visuals within the story please feel free to tell me. I'm kinda new to the scene so let me know what you think!

-A