Thirty-Three

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

Several days after Sora was taken off life support, she had finally woken and began to talk and laugh with Dahee and her family. Yet, she couldn’t help but notice how distant Jiho felt to her.

She looked over at him one day, as she sat up in her bed, still connected to intravenous and painkillers. He sat quietly and watched from afar, only smiling slightly at certain things that Sora would say.

“I’m craving chocolate.” Sora whined as Dahee put the final touches on her nails. She had painted them a bold dark blue colour.

“Oh! Do you want me to go buy you one?” She asked with a broad smile on her face. Sora gave a small nod, and smiled brightly. Dahee crawled off the bed and headed for her purse.

“Yah! Don’t you know she’s not allowed to eat that?” Jiho said annoyed as he sat in his corner. He glared at Dahee as she turned around stunned.

“He speaks.” She said quietly as she looked back over to Sora. Sora giggled and shooed her away with a wave of her hand. She turned back and mouthed a sorry and walked away with her wallet.

They were silent for new minutes before Sora broke the silence.

“What do you think?” She said as she held out her hands so that he could see her her nails.

“They’re pretty.” Was his response as he continued to look down at his lap. Sora let out a loud sigh.

“Stop.” She said, and Jiho’s head snapped up looking at her. She was now looking down at her hands, which were in her lap. Her chest began to hurt and she leaned back down, wincing.

Jiho hurried over to her side, and sat in the chair next to her bed. He reached over for her hand and grabbed in firmly. “S-stop what?” He asked in a small voice.

“This whole avoidance. Just stop. Can you be normal, cocky Woo Jiho?” Sora said as she turned her head towards him. He looked down at their tangled hands, not meeting her eyes.

“If you’re doing this because of guilt, stop. It is seriously not your fault.” Sora said again. This time, Jiho looked up at her surprised at how she could so easily read his mind.

“But – but it is my fault. It’s my entire fault. Everything that happened to you, from you knowing about your real mother and being beat up, to you going to Japan and meeting Kira... It’s all my fault.” He said painfully into their hands. He began to cry softly as he held her hands tightly.

“Jiho-ah. Stop. I don’t blame you, I’m actually thankful to you.” This caused Jiho to look up at Sora bewildered.

“W-what?” He asked confused. Sora reached over and lightly cupped his face with her free hand.

“Because of you, I found out who I truly am, found friends who mean the world to me, and I found you.” She said quietly. “Come here...” She said in a whisper.

Jiho stood up and leaned in closer to Sora, so that their faces were inches apart. They gazed at each other for several seconds, memorizing their faces as if it would be the last time.  With her free hand, Sora twined her hand along the back of his neck and pulled down his head, so that his lips were touching hers. She kissed his lips lightly at first, and then he released her other hand and cupped both sides of her face and deepened the kiss. All of his worries and guilt fluttered away suddenly and he felt a weight being lifted off of his shoulders. He smiled into the kiss then, savoring this moment, which he never wanted to forget.  

“Ahem...” A deep voice cleared their throats, and Sora and Jiho quickly separated, both blushing like mad.

“I leave to buy you chocolate, and I come back to make out session. If you just wanted some privacy, you could of told me.” Dahee said in an amused tone. Jiho scratched the back of his neck sheepishly as let out a small giggle.

“Hyung, why are you here?” Jiho asked as he took in the figure of Taeil. Taeil looked over at Dahee for a brief second and then back to Jiho.

“I came to see Sora, of course...” He trailed off, looking back at Dahee, who was now smiling brightly as she handed Sora the chocolate bar. She looked back at Taeil and smiled, blushing slightly.

“Ah... I see.” Jiho said as he looked over at Sora so just smiled and shook her head.

~

The nurse walked in and clucked her tongue disapprovingly as she looked over at Jiho crumpled body in one of the armchairs. Sora looked over and shushed the nurse smiling as she watched the steady breathing of Jiho, who was fast asleep.

“We should just admit him to the hospital since he never leaves.” The nurse replied as she checked on Sora’s intravenous. Sora laughed at the nurses comment, then winced slightly as it pulled on her hardening stitches.

“Does it still hurt?” the nurse asked as she tugged at Sora’s gown. As she pulled away the material she let out a small gasp. “Omo! This shouldn’t be happening!” The nurse exclaimed rather loud. This caught Sora’s attention and she looked down at her chest and noticed that the bandages were stained in a bright red.

There was a shuffling of clothing, and when Sora looked up concerned she saw Jiho standing next to her with wide eyes.

“Yah yah yah! Why is it like that?” Jiho asked wide eyed to the nurse.

“I’m going to have to change it, can you please step out side. I will have to unclothe her.” The nurse replied as she looked over at Jiho disapprovingly.

“He can stay. Don’t worry.” Sora replied to the nurse. She looked over at Sora horrified, when Sora sensed that she would disapprove she added. “Please, I want him here.”

“It’s fine. I’ll wait outside.” Jiho replied when he received a death stare from the nurse. He left the room and waited outside and waited.

The nurse walked up to Sora, and softly ripped off the taped bandage from her chest. Sora winced as the tape pulled at her skin, and the cotton of the pad ripping away at the previously formed scab. Sora let out a small cry as it was finally removed.

The nurse looked down at the wound and began to prod at it. Sora inhaled sharply as pain washed through her. Suddenly she became thankful for the pain medicine.

“Tsk, tsk. You ripped a few of your stitches, you’re lucky it’s just the exterior ones and not the internal ones.” The nurse replied as she turned around and shuffled through a few things on a silver tray. She turned around and relived a sharp needle and a thick thread.

“This will hurt, but I need to close the wound before infection sets in. I am sorry in advance.” She added as she leaned in and began to re-stitch Sora’s open wound. Sora bit down hard on her lower lip as she tried not to scream from the pain. Soon it was all over, and the nurse administered an extra dose of painkillers, so when Jiho came back into the room Sora was sound asleep.

~

The next day, Sora woke up, with a numbing sensation in her chest, and she looked up to see her family surrounding her. She looked over to the chair to see that it was empty. Jiho must have gone home for a bit.

 “Unnie!” Nara said brightly, and Sora looked at her with a warm smile. Though she had been quite mean to her for the past several years, she knew it was all in the past.

“Annyeong Nara.” Sora replied then greeted the rest of her family.

“How are you feeling today?” Her father asked her, and Sora shrugged. She wasn’t feeling her best but she sure was feeling better than she had last night. Suddenly, as she looked at her family she had an urge to tell them something.

“Appa... can I talk to you alone for a second?” She asked, looking at her father. Her father nodded and looked over at his wife and daughter. “Don’t worry, I will tell you after, I just want him to be the first to know.” Sora smiled as she saw Nara’s face drop slightly. “I promise.”

They all left the room and Sora was left alone with her father. He sat down in the chair beside her, and she gently sat up, afraid of ripping anymore of her stitches. She sat up and turned so that she faced her father. He looked up at her with warm expectant eyes.

“I’ve been wanting to tell you this for a while now.” She began as she looked down at her hands. “First off, I don’t blame you for my maternal mother, and I am not mad at you either. I want to apologize for my behavior before. I am very sorry for how I acted.” Sora said.

“Sora. You don’t have to apologize, I was wrong from keeping it from you.” Her father replied softly. When Sora looked up she saw that her father had a soft smile playing along his lips and he shook his head softy. “Was that all you wished to tell me? I believe that could have been said in front of the family.” He said curiously.  Sora shook her head and bit her lip. This was going to be a blow to her father.

“I wanted to confess something to you also. Please, please don’t be mad.” Sora began and her father laughed.

“I promise. There is nothing that my daughter can do that will make me mad.” He said.  Sora let out a long sigh, and no longer wanted to beat around the bush.

“Jiho... Jiho and I are dating, and we have been for quite some time.” Sora spat out. Suddenly she felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She looked over at her father, whose face was suddenly serious. She bit down hard on her bottom lip. Suddenly she jumped up when she heard her fathers rare laugh.

“Oh Sora. Do you really think that I am blind? Of course I knew about you and Jiho.” Her father said laughing and slapping his leg. “Ah, my little daughter. Don’t you worry. I wouldn’t want anyone other than Woo Jiho to date my daughter. And don't worry about your sister. She's found someone new, and I'm still not too sure if I aprove of him.” He said in a warm smile.

Sora looked over at her father and began to laugh, which was cut short by a sudden pain in her chest. She clutched her chest and winched in pain.

 

"Sora... Sora is everything alright? What's wrong?" Her father asked concerned as she ran over to the press the button which would call for a nurse.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooh a long chapter! Sorry if there are any gramatical errors, it's late and I really wanted to get this off my chest (no pun intended!)

I hope you liked this chapter, the next will be a short one unfortunatly, but I promise some fluff!

So keep tight :D <3

-A