Eleven

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

Hey guys! Just a side note from last chapter, its summer vacation, so no school, it makes things a little more easier haha! Sorry! -A

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Slowly, Sora got up from the floor, still clutching her side. Feeling numb and enraged at what had just happened, she got up and walked over to her cupboard hunched clutching her side. She hurriedly grabbed a large duffle bag and began to stuff her clothing in haphazardly, not caring if what she was packing created an outfit or not.

Once her bag was packed, she walked back into her room, but not before she saw her reflection in the mirror. She faced was already beginning to bruise under one eye and across her jaw. Her lips were swollen and split in the middle and on one corner where blood was still slowly trickling its way down her chin. She quickly rubbed at it, removing the dried caked on blood.

In a rush and in a fit of fury she quickly grabbed all of her art and art supplies and also added them to her bag and walked out of her room, slamming her door. She hurriedly walked down the stairs, ignoring the pain in her chest. She slipped on her shoes and walked out, ignoring the calls from her sister and mother.

Once outside she unlocked the door to her car and threw her bangs into the back seat, and got into the drivers seat and drove off, wheels squealing.

She was headed in the destination of her father.

~

“Excuse me, do you have an appointment? Miss?” The receptionist said as Sora walked in.

Sora couldn’t blame her suspicions, she had a black hat on, low, to cover her face and large sunglasses to hide the ever growing prominent bruise under her eye. She was still wearing what she had gone to bed in the night before; black tights that had “BOY” written all over them, with an oversized black long sleeve shirt, she also wore a thick scarf around her neck, so hide the bruising around her jaw, despite the heat.

Sora flashed her a gold card that read V.I.P, and the receptionist apologetically bowed as Sora kept walking right on through to the elevators where she waited for one to open.

Her father had given her the V.I.P card, which all of the idols from the company had to freely go in and out of the building without being questioned. He had given it to Sora as a hint for her to come out of hiding, yet Sora had just ignored that card, and was suddenly thankful towards it.

Still fuming, Sora marched into the elevator and pressed the button for the top floor. Other people piled in, and soon the elevator was moving upward, stopping every floor to let people on and off. Sora began to feel sweat beads trickle down her back. She slowly removed the scarf around her neck, and shoved it into her bag. Suddenly, Sora heard gasps and whispers in the elevator, and thankfully, they all got off at the second highest floor.

The elevator signaled that it had reached it destination with a Cling and the doors opened to a large wide-open room. To Sora’s left was a receptionist behind a large white desk, who was on the phone when Sora walked past her. On Sora’s right was a large plush waiting area, also in white with a large plasma TV in the center. Playing mutely were the music videos that were associated to the company. Directly in front of Sora, was a clear glass door, which lead to her father’s office.

“Miss! Miss you cannot go in without an appointment!” The receptionist half yelled at Sora as she pushed on the door handle. The door opened and Sora walked in, to see four sets of eyes on her. Her father was sitting in the middle in a intricate arm chair and around him were three young men who Sora vaguely remembered to be associated with Jiho.

“Sajangnim! I am so very sorry, this lady just walked in.” The receptionist bowed low and reached over to grab one of Sora’s arms before she was cut off short.

“Do not touch her.” Sora’s father barked as he looked at Sora with concern obviously noting the bruise and her cut lip, which was still bleeding. The receptionist, wide eyed with shock, quickly backed off bowed and left the room. Sora took off her sunglasses and stared ahead at her father, who was staring back at her in horror.

The three men were looking at her and began to whisper, and Sora could make out the words “Isn’t that Jiho’s friend?” They all looked at each other and back at Sora.

“Annyeong Sora!” One of the guys said as he got up and bowed smiling. He was the ulzzang that accompanied Jiho the first time she had meet him at the studio. Sora wide eyes, bowed her head because if she were to bend over, she would be in pain. Suddenly, all of them got up and bowed with warm smiles.

“How do you know do you know my daughter?” Sora’s father suddenly asked as all three heads whipped back to their president.

“Daughter?!” They all asked at once looking back and forth at the president and Sora.

“YAH!” Sora yelled at her father, breathing fast. Suddenly, all three of the guys stated that they were late for a previously made appointment, bowed and began to leave, yet not before Sora stopped them.

“Tell anyone about what you just saw and heard, and I will end your careers. Arasso?” Sora sneered looking straight ahead at her father. All three of them looked at her wide-eyed and bowed, leaving quickly.

“What happened to your face?” Sora’s father asked as soon as the door was closed behind Sora. He walked up to her with out stretched hands ready to examine her face.

“Don’t touch me.” Sora said quickly dodging her father’s touch.

“Answer me now!” Her father yelled causing Sora to flinch.

“Then why don’t you tell how you allowed me to live a lie!” Sora spat back at her father, who looked at her confused.

“What are you talking about? It was your choice to stay hidden not mine!” He yelled back at her. Sora shook her head.

“So you’re going to play innocent. When were you going to tell me about my mother? About my REAL mother.” Sora said as tears began to stream down her face.  “When were you going to tell me my whole ing life was a lie?!” Sora yelled at her father, as she harshly wiped away the tears from her face. Determined not to show weakness. She watched as his face drained of colour.

Sora clutched her side as they began to ache from trying to control her ragged breathing.

“We need to get you to a hospital.” Her father said as he turned his back to her and headed for his desk. He picked up his suit jacket and began to rummage through his desk.

“APPA!” Sora yelled at him, so loud that he took a few steps back, never seeing this side of Sora before.

“I-I was going to tell you when I thought you were ready.” He said, stuttering at finally realizing his mistake.

“When did you think I would be ready? When I was 40? Or when you were on your goddamn death bed?!” Sora spat at him.

“You let me believe that a mother was supposed to be a to their daughters. You let me believe a lie for a mother, for twenty goddamn years!” Sora said breathing hard.

“She was a good mother to you Sora!” Her father defended.

“You say she was a good mother?” Sora said half laughing. “Would a good mother drive their daughters to giving up a dream because it reminded her of her daughters true mother? Would a good mother abuse her daughter?” Sora said as she stared straight ahead at her father. Her father just looked at her guilt written all over his face.

“What do you mean about your dream?” Sora’s father asked even more confused.

“Don’t you think it’s a little suspicious that your daughter, who danced and sang since she was 3, and whose dream was to enter a company all of sudden no longer want to become a star and join Stardom?”  She watched as realization dawned on her fathers face.

“She pushed me so hard, that I no longer wanted to do it.” Sora said quietly. “And you call that a good mother.” Sora said shaking her head and turning to go.

“Sora. Sora wait.” She heard he father say. She turned around anger still raging within her. “Let me explain.” He said with pleading eyes.

“You have two minutes.” Sora said crossing her arms across her chest, and wincing at the pain. She watched as her father suddenly turned and opened his safe and pulled out a small wooden box. He held it close to him as he walked over to the couches and sat down. Sora stood her ground and watching as he fathers emotions changed from passive to sorrowful.

“We were dating for well over a year before my parents announced that I was to be married to Kang Minhee.” He began as he looked down at the box in his hands. “I didn’t even know Nara’s mother at the time, and I tried my hardest to get out of it, but my parents wouldn’t let me. The night before I was to officially ‘date’ Minhee, your mother and I went out for our last meal together. She was going to change companies to help me with the transition, and so it was going to be the last time I would see her. And well one thing lead to the next.” He paused as he looked up at Sora.

“Seven months later, I heard through the grape vine that your mother had been in a car accident, a real bad one. I went to the hospital, and found out that she had died, but not before they had to do emergency surgery to save you.” His voice caught and Sora’s anger began to ebb, suddenly wishing she hadn’t come to her father’s office. “She never even told me about you, because she wanted me to live well without her. But I couldn’t leave you there, and the rest is history.”

The room was filled with silence as Sora stared at her father, and her father staring at the box.

“What’s in the box?” Sora asked in a small voice, curiosity taking over. Her father sighed before answering.

“It’s your true mothers things. I collected these for you so that when the time was right you could get to know your mother.” He said in a hushed tone.

Sora walked over to where her father was sitting, looking at the box. “I still wish that you would act as though Minhee was your mother. She is not a bad person Sora.” He added as Sora approached.

Sora stopped mid step, a sudden rush of anger ranger in her. Once she reached her father, she slammed the keys, which contained the keys to the house and car, on the table in front of him.

“She will never be and never was family.” Sora said as she picked up the box from her father, finally walking out of the office feeling exhausted and numb. “Don’t look for me.” She said as her hand was on the handle of the door, box tucked under her arm, in the other her bags filled with her belongings.

“Where are you going?” Sora’s fathers deep voice boomed across the office, tinged with desperation.

“Don’t worry, you’ll find me eventually. Secrets are meant to be found out, aren’t they father?” Sora replied, and with that she, left his office.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, I had to configure how I was going to write this chapter

I know it's a little depressing, but I have some awesome stuff in store, so stay tuned!

Please leave lots of comments, I would like to see how I am doing! Don't be shy to critque my work either!

-A <3

P.S, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I need a new title, I think mine is too cliche, have you any ideas? :(