Thirty-Four

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

Sora was isolated and banned from having any company for the next few weeks to let her wound finally heal. She had once again ripped a few of her stitches, from pulling herself up from her bed and from laughing. Both the nurses and doctors had reprimanded her severely, and now she lay in her bed with two knitting needles, furiously knitting as she grumbled to herself.

“This is utterly stupid! I have to be isolated?!” She said to herself as she began a new row.

A nurse walked in and smiled as she saw how miserable Sora was.

“I see you have improved on your knitting skills.” She said in a high voice. Sora looked over at her and grumbled incoherent words as the nurse just smiled. “Let me change the bandage, and maybe we can let you see some visitors soon.”

Sora put down her knitting and leaned down on the bed as the nurse pulled on her rubber gloves and undressed her. She gently pulled at the tape on the sides, and Sora let out a hiss as the tape pulled at her skin.

“Omo!” The nurse said as her eyes went big. Sora looked down at her chest, and was amazed. Her ugly gash had completely disappeared and now all was left was a large thick pink mound of skin. She had completely healed.

Several days later, Jiho and her family wheeled Sora out of the hospital. She was free to go home, on strict orders of bed rest. Once she arrived home, she could not help but relish in the comfort of her own bed. She sighed in pleasure as she was carefully placed on her bed by Jiho’s strong arms.

“Missed it did you?” He asked as he pulled a chair and sat next to her bed. She stared up at the wall for a few seconds then looked over at him. A small smile crept on her lips.

“Jealous I can’t go back to the dorm with you?” She said playfully with a wink. Jiho laughed and nodded.

“How am I going to sleep now? I’ll have no one to wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me to sleep in a proper bed.” He playfully hit her on the forehead. Sora made a face, and then they both broke out into a laugh.

“When do you go back on tour?” Sora asked as she took his hand and traced his lifelines, without meeting his eyes. He was quite for a while before answering.

“Soon.” He said simply, and for some reason, Sora’s heart dropped. She knew he was an artist – an idol at that, and that he was a busy individual, yet she could not but help to feel sad about not being able to see him more often.

“Ah.” She replied as they lapsed in silence again. She looked up then and smiled at him, resolved not to ruin their time together. “Do you want to hear a scandalous secret?” she said as she bit down on her bottom lip playfully. Jiho shook his head and laughed as he saw the twinkle in her eyes.

“Our maknae’s are crazy for one another.” Sora said simply. Jiho leaned back in his chair and registered what she said.

“Wait... your Nara and Jihoon? Seriously?” He asked as he rubbed his face and laughed.

“Seriously!” Sora said laughing along with him. “What are we going to do? My dad knows and isn’t sure if he approves.”

“Aish! This guy, he’s in trouble.” He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. Sora just giggled and they both lapsed into silence again.

“Jiho-ah...” Sora began but then paused. He looked up at her and smiled. “Jiho-oppa... can I ask you a favor?” She asked in a whisper as she bit down on her bottom lip again.

“Of course, what is it?” He asked suddenly curious at her sudden shyness. She sighed and decided to just flat out ask.

“W-when I get completely healed, would you come with me to see my maternal grandparents? I looked them up when I was at the hospital, and they’re still alive, and... and, well, I would like to see them.” She looked down at their entwined hands and suddenly her eyes welled up.

He got up from his chair and squatted next to Sora’s bed. He took both of his hands, cupping her face as he wiped away her tears with his thumbs.

“Ahn Sora, look at me.” He said, and when Sora shook her head, he leaned in and gently kissed her forehead. “Ahn Sora. I promise to take you to see them when you are healed. You have my word.” He said as he held out his pinky finger. Sora looked up at that and smiled lightly as she curled her finger around his. He leaned down and kissed her lips then, the promise was truly sealed.

~

A month later, Sora was walking around and was cleared by the hospital, yet she was not allowed to do any strenuous exercise just yet. Sora was fine with that, she normally didn’t do that much to begin with.

As Jiho had promised, the day she was cleared from her doctor he had arrived at her house bright and early to take her to see her maternal grandparents who lived in the countryside. He had arrived when Sora was still showering so he lay down on her bed and waited for her. Her parents had become accustomed to him coming over and staying in her room. Her father trusted Jiho, and even went as far as demanding that he not call him President, but rather by father-in-law instead, and even Nara had began to call him brother-in-law. Jiho had liked this very much.

“Yah! Ppalli!” Jiho yelled from the bed. He rolled over and stared at the open closet which lead to bathroom and suddenly remembered the first night that he had stepped foot in Sora’s room. That time when Sora had shoved him in her closet to hide him from Nara’s mother, and she had said one of the worst lies in the world. He let out a small chuckle as he remembered.

“What are laughing about now you schizo.” Sora said as she walked out in a tight pare of jeans, and a black V-neck shirt. The tip of her scar was peaking through and she covered it cleverly with a combination of short and long chains, which hung beautifully around her neck.

Jiho couldn’t help but admire her style and how beautiful she looked. She turned around and looked at him as she put in her earrings. He let out a breath and got up from the bed, and walked over to her. He laced his hands around her waist and brought her into a hug, nestling his head into the crook of her neck. She let out a small giggle as she hugged him tightly back.

“You smell good.” He said as he gave her a chaste kiss on the neck.

“I couldn’t say the same about you.” she said back and she playfully stuck out her tongue. She kissed him lightly on the lips as she turned around and walked back into her closet to fish out a pair of shoes. She came out with high heeled combat boots and they were finally ready to go.

The drive took longer than expected and so they arrived a mid after-noon to a small country like town. The roads were too narrow for Sora’s car to pass so Jiho – who insisted on driving the car – had parked it at the end of the road, where it had tapered off so that a car could no longer fit through. They received odd looks from the older villagers who watched them as they made their way down the main road. Sora and Jiho bowed and greeted the individuals that they met as they made their way to her grandparent’s house.

“Do you think they’ll like me? Do I look too rich? Oh Christ, I should haven’t have put all this jewelry on.”   Sora began as she tugged on her necklaces, trying to remove them, yet her hand was suddenly stopped when Jiho had grabbed it firmly and brought it down to her side.

“You look beautiful, and how can they not love you? Everyone loves you.” He said as he kissed her knuckles. Sora let out a sigh and squeezed his hand. “I think this is it.” Jiho said as they stopped in front f a small stone house. They had several tree’s around their house and many flower beds. There was a small cross in the backyard.

Suddenly Sora felt sick with nervousness, yet she had no time to think as Jiho pulled her along and rang the doorbell to the house. He suddenly released her hand and stepped back from her, aware that the skinship they shared as not common. The door opened to an older man who looked up at Sora with annoyance. When Sora greeted herself and stood back up from her bow, her grandfathers face was filled with shock.

“Yeobo! Yeobo! I think I’m seeing ghosts! Call the doctor!” The older man stared further at Sora as she smiled and tried to explain, yet as she was about to open a aged short woman pushed through her husband and looked up at Sora with a mouth slightly agape.

“This can’t be. She died 20 years ago!” She said in a small voice.

“Annyeonghaseyo halmeoni and hal-abeoji.” Sora said as she bowed once again.

~

It was dark out by the time Jiho and Sora had left her grandparents house. Many tears had been shed between Sora and her grandparents, they had known about Sora the whole time, yet could not go and see her because they felt inadequate next her father. They praised Sora on how much she had looked like their beloved daughter and they shared stories of Sora’s mother with her, much to Sora’s delight. Much to Sora’s surprise, they also adored Jiho, and unknown to Sora, had asked him when their wedding date would be. She had felt at peace with her grandparents and promised them that she would visit as much as she could.

Now, Jiho and Sora were sitting at a small outdoor restaurant, happily chewing on their food and thinking about the day that they just had.

“I told you that they would love you.” He said happily as he poured Sora a small glass of Soju. She smiled and nodded.

“Thank you so much Oppa...” She said as they drank their glass. They sat for a while longer chewing on their food, not feeling awkward in their silence.

Jiho watched her as she ate and smiled, thinking back to her grandparents. He felt at peace watching her, and was more than glad that he could have helped her along in her journey.

Suddenly he remembered something that he had planned to end the day, and his stomach clenched as nerves ran through him. What he was about to do was either going to strengthen or break their relationship.

“Sora...” Jiho said. She looked up from her thoughts and smiled at him. “Are you ready to go?” She nodded and they left the restaurant after paying. 

They went to the car and drove off in the opposite direction of where they were supposed to go.

“Yah! Where are we going?” She asked as she looked over at Jiho who was smirking.

“Be patient. I want go to and see the river for a bit, the night is still early.” He said as he quickly glanced at Sora. She pursed her lips, but nodded agreeing with him.

Several minutes they had arrived at Jiho’s favorite spot of the Han River. It was deserted at this time night, and he took Sora’s hand as he led her to a certain section, were it wasn’t railed off, and if you knew how, you could go and sit on the rocks and watch the night. He led her to the spot and they both sat down hand in hand. He waited several minutes before he broke the silence.

“You were my first love, you know.” His voice sounded too loud in the stillness of the night. Sora looked over at him and nodded.

“I remember you telling me. I’m sorry I don’t really remember you in school.” She said as she pursed her bottom lip. Jiho laughed and leaned in kissed her.

“I just wanted to let you know, that I am thankful to you. You let me in and let me love you with all my heart all over again.” He looked at her and smiled. He was prolonging what he had planned.

“If you’re trying to break up with me, it’s a no. You can’t get rid of me that easily.” Sora replied as a crease of concern formed on her forehead.

“Yah!” Jiho said. “Don’t stay such stupid things. I’m doing the opposite if you would let me finish.”  He watched as the crease automatically disappeared from Sora’s face and her eyes became bright again.

He paused for several seconds as he watched Sora watch him; he then sat up slightly straighter and put his hands in pockets. “What I’m trying to say, Ahn Sora, is that I know we are young, but I seriously don’t want to be with anyone else. I tried when I moved to Japan and when I came back, but for all those years, you were the sole person I thought of. Everything always came back to you.” He sighed as he began to lose her nerve.

Sora smiled as she looked down at her hands, suddenly feeling embarrassed. No one had ever confessed to her. She looked back up at Jiho as a tear slowly streamed down her face. It wasn’t a beautiful speech, but it was nice to hear that from a man, whom she too thought she never wanted to be apart from.

“So I’m going to ask you something, and you need to answer be honestly.” He pulled out he hand, which was folded over, hiding something. “Like I said before, I know we are both really young, but I’ve never been more sure of anything in my entire life.” There was a pause as he watched Sora’s face contort into confusion. He smiled lightly and opened his palm. There in the middle of his palm was a small dainty silver ring with several small diamonds and an infinity sign woven into the thin metal.

“Ahn Sora, it may not be now, but will you marry me?”

  

So many feels!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waaaaaaah!! What's going to happen... hmmm will Sora accept or decine?

:D Wooh! I got an update in one of the most hectic weekends ever! Gah!

I hope you enjoyed this update, I will hopefully be able to write a little something somethin' soon (maybe tomorrrow?)

Anyways happy reading! And please leave lots of comments :") <3

-A

P.S, Hello to all my new Subscribers! :D