Five

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

Sora stayed in her bed for the rest of the weekend, staring up at her ceiling and contemplating the conversation she had with Ji Ho, a two nights ago. She to her side and looked at her clock, only mildly recognizing the numbers. 3:56 PM, and she had still not gotten up out of her bed, not even to eat.

“I’ve always known your secret, Ahn Sora.” Kept on repeating in Sora’s head. “I’m surprised you don’t recognize me.” Ji Ho had said.

The problem was, was that Sora did recognize him, yet couldn’t place him until he had finally helped her. Ji Ho had followed her throughout elementary and high school. They were in the same class, and that how he knew about her, her family and talents. Sora remembered how she had finally remembered and felt sorry for momentarily forgetting.

Sora rolled over once again in her bed and sighed. She had tried for the longest time to create a life where she stayed anonymous from everyone else that she had shut out the memories from her high school.

There was a soft knock on Sora’s door, which snapped her out of her thoughts.

“Go away.” Sora groaned into her pillow. Instead the door opened and closed. She could here someone walking towards her desk.

“Yah! Leave, will you!” Sora said annoyed. Still under her sheets she heard someone ruffling through her sketches on her desk. Defeated Sora sprang up from her sheets and wrapped her sheets around her like a giant cocoon. She opened her eyes to see her father looking at her male sketches, looking impressed.

“Omo! Abeoji! I didn’t know it was you!” Sora exclaimed as she inclined her head respectfully. Her father clucked his tongue.

“Why the formalities?” He said in a strong and powerful voice. It was a type of voice that commanded attention and authority, yet it didn’t work on Sora.

“Sorry.” Sora smiled and stuck out her tongue playfully.

“Why hasn’t my daughter come down to eat for the last two days? For talent like this to stay this good, one needs to eat.” He said frankly to her as he raised one of her sketches. It was one of her Ji Ho sketches; suddenly she felt heat rise to her cheeks. It was her favorite, one she thought that she had captured Ji Ho best, and the one that had the nicest clothing combination, dark and mysterious.

“Those aren’t even good.” Sora said brushing off her father. She laid back down, and suddenly her stomach let out a vicious groan and she doubled over grabbing her stomach. Once again her father clucked his tongue at her.

“Get dressed we’re go out for lunch.” He said as he got up from her chair.

“Appa, you know I don’t go out in public.” Sora said rolling over looking at her father. Her father looked at her with a serious and stern face.

“Dress nicely, we’ll be going to my favorite restaurant.” He said firmly, and left the room. Sora screamed in frustration into her pillow, but obeyed and walked into her wardrobe down to her washroom, and got ready.

~

An hour later, Sora and her family arrived at a private and exclusive restaurant. The driver stopped the car in front of the front doors and ran around and opened first the front passenger side door and waited patiently as Sora’s father walked out.

Sora rolled her eyes, and opened her own door and got out of the car, on the opposite side of where the driver was standing, horrified.

“Sora!” Her mother exclaimed. She looked over at her father and shrugged, her father smiled in response.

All together the family walked into the restaurant where they were warmly and respectfully greeted by low bows. The restaurant was one where people of high importance and wealth went for its exclusivity and privacy, yet still, Sora felt uncomfortable as she noticed the stares and whispering amongst the customers and staff. All were whispering as to who the fourth member of the party was.

Sora sat down and closed her eyes annoyed and grumbled under her breath.

“What was that Sora?” Her father asked her. Sora looked up at her father.

“They noticed that you have an extra to your usual ‘party’.” She replied bitterly.

“That’s probably because you are wearing such nice clothing. It has been such a long time, since I’ve seen you wear such a nice outfit.” He responded with a smile.

Sora rolled her eyes at the comment. She was wearing a short black dress that was fitted to her torso and that flared out at the hips in a girlish manner with opaque black stockings and chunky boots. On top of that she wore a leather jacket and a black fedora hat.

A few minutes later a waiter came and asked for their orders. All three order a meal under the ‘usual’ and Sora felt uncomfortable as the waiter watched her with interest and impatience for her order.

“Uh... I’ll just have some japchae, meatless please.” Sora ordered. Her sister snickered and whispered something to her mother, who responded with a smile.

“Bwo?!” I asked her annoyed. She looked over at me with a sly smirk on her face.

“You shouldn’t be eating so much noodles, it’s already beginning to show.” She snickered. Their father clucked his tongue in disapproving. 

“I weight less than you, so I can eat what I want.” Sora declared. Nara’s face turned red in anger.

“Yah! Umma, appa! Do something.” Nara almost yelled.

“You started it Nara.” Her father stated firmly. Nara looked over at her mother pleading, but all her mother did was shake her head.

A few minutes later food came, and Sora noted amused that Nara had ordered a very bland meal of rice and chicken and began eating it lethargically. Meanwhile, Sora’s eyes became big as she grabbed her chopsticks and dug in.

“Sora, the reason why we have all come out is because your mother and I have come to a decision.” Her father said as Sora slurped a large about of noodles into mouth. She nodded not paying attention to what her father was saying.

“You mother and I think its best that you now come out of hiding. You are twenty, and secretes never stay hidden.”

Sora chocked on her noodles. “What?!” she yelled. Everyone in the restaurant looked their way.  Sora’s father bowed his head in apology.

“No. No way.” Sora began to protest.

“Sora.” Her father said calmly. “It’s already been decided. I have already informed the company and my coworkers that you will be arriving back from America.”

“You cannot decide my life for me!” Sora spat at her parents. Nara sat back looking just as shocked as Sora. “I will decide when I go public. Not you.”

Sora got up quickly and grabbed her purse and walked out of the restaurant. And began to walk. Where she was headed she had no idea.

~

Several hours later, Sora’s phone began to ring. She looked down at the screen and sighed it was an unknown number.

“Yoboseyo?” Sora answered half-heartedly.

“Is this Ahn Tunes?” Said a male voice on the other line.

“Yes.” Sora replied with a sigh.

“Is it possible to meet, now?” The person asked. Sora rubbed her forehead and contemplated. She had nothing to do for the rest of the day and she needed to blow off some steam.

“Alright, I’ll be there in twenty minutes. Text me the room number.” She said briefly and hung up before the person could give her any details. Sora pulled down her shades and began to walk to the nearest bus.

In a little over twenty minutes Sora arrived at the school, and walked towards the studio, which the client was in. When she arrived, she knocked twice and entered. Once again the studio was in the same state as it was with the last client. The lights dimmed. Subconsciously Sora looked over to the corner of the room and was remotely surprised to see the same mysterious person sitting in the corner. He inclined his head to her in recognition.

When Sora looked in front to see her client, she notices that there was no one sitting in the chairs in the front. Surprised Sora looked back at the mysterious person in the chair.

“Where’s your friend?” She asked. Her voice seemed too loud in the small room. The mysterious man got up from his chair and walked over to Sora.

“It’s only me today.” He replied quietly. He was dressed in the same manner with a low baseball hat that read BOY and large shades covering his face. He wore tightly fitted jeans with a loose white t-shirt and a black cardigan. Sora squinted her eyes at him. Why did he look familiar?

“I’m sorry, my services only exceed to students attending this school.” She replied and began to walk away.

“Wait. I’ll pay you if that’s the case.” He replied blocking her way from the door.

“I don’t need money.” Sora said as she began to push her way away from him. Yet, mid way she stopped when she recognized a faint smell of cologne. She looked up then and stepped back.

Sora began to stare at him and recognized several beauty marks laced on his face. Sora’s mouth dropped open slightly.

“W-why do you need my services?” She asked becoming nervous.

“That’s my business. Now give me your opinion.” He said as threw a CD to Sora. Sora let it clatter to the ground.

“Ji Ho-ssi. Why do you need me to look over your mix tape?” Sora asked seriously as she looked at him.

Ji Ho went still as he looked her over. “Yah. I’m not Ji Ho.” He replied looking down at his feet.

“And I’m not Sora.” Sora replied taking off her sunglasses. "Now, I know your secret." she said raising an eye brow.

                        This would be the outfit.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy! I shall upload some more tomorrow during my long breat at work!

Please feel free to tell me what you think! Or if you want any of your biases included!

Enjoy!

-A