Thirty-Two

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

The lights dimmed and then suddenly flickered then Jiho was engulfed my complete and utter darkness. He stopped mid dance and looked around, heart pounding in his chest. Abruptly the lights came back on, and the walls of the dance studio were oozing in blood. Jiho spun around and noticed that the whole studio was dripping in blood, and in the center of the floor, was Sora, unmoving. He tried running to her, yet his feet wouldn’t move. He feel to his knees and attempted to crawl, yet his hands then began to stick to the floor from the blood. He looked up desperately, trying to call out for help, and thats when he noticed them.

All six of his fellow members stood around the boxed in room. All staring hungrily at Sora’s limp body on the floor. He tried screaming again, yet no sound came out of his mouth, and when he attempted to move, he remained in the same position, on his knees.

As if on queue, all six retracted large knives from behind their backs and approached Sora in a mechanical manner, eyes hungry for blood shed. Jiho attempted to scream again, but no sound came out, he began to panic as they closed in on Sora’s body. In one swift synchronized manner, all six hands rose up in the air, and all came down at the same time.

Jiho sat bolt upright in his bed, panting hard. He cursed at himself and swung his legs over the bed, so that they rested on the cold floor. He was drenched in sweat, even though he wore little clothing; he rubbed the back of his neck and tried to control the pounding in his heart.

He looked behind him and the empty bed that he once shared with Sora. He sighed and lay back down, staring at where she used to sleep. He remembered the nights they shared, where they drank till the wee hours of the morning, confessing their secrets, her soft snores as she fell asleep waiting him to finish up with a song, her little tick of rubbing her nose when it was itchy. He sighed and wiped the tears that had escaped with the back of his hands.

Truth was, be blamed himself for everything that had happened to Sora. It was he who first brought her to the dorm to live, he who took that selca and uploaded it, which resulted in her finding out of real maternal mother, it was he who convinced her to come to the dance studio, and it was he who wanted her to come to Japan so badly. He sighed once again and rolled onto the other side of the bed, so that he wouldn’t see the emptiness.

He shut his eyes tightly, and tried to go back to sleep, yet just as he was on the verge of slumber, his phone vibrated, ruining his recluse. He tried to ignore it, but he decided against it and picked up without looking at who was calling.

“Yoboseyo?” He said in his deep husky voice. There was a clearing of a throat on the other line.

“Ah, Jiho-ah. Did I wake you?” Said a familiar deep voice. Once again Jiho sat up in bed, fully alert.

“Sajangnim... no, no you didn’t wake me. Is there any news on Sora-sshi?” He asked as his heart began to once again beat at an abnormal rhythm.

“The doctors say it’s time to take her off life support. I thought you should be here when it happens...” He said as he trailed off, they were silent for a few moments.

Jiho cleared this throat to rid of lump that had formed. He rubbed his temple and swallowed hard. “Arasso, I will be there in twenty minutes, is that enough time?” he asked in a weak voice.

“Yes, that will be enough time.” Was the only response that he received. Jiho sighed trying to control his voice.

“Thank you Sajangnim.” He said before hanging up and quickly dressing.

~

Jiho quickly walked out of the elevator and jogged over to Sora’s private room. It had been several weeks now, since she had been flown back to Korea from the hospital that she had first treated her in Japan.

He walked into the room, to find Sora’s family surrounding her bed, her younger sister with red rimmed and puffy eyes, her father who looked like he had not slept in days and Nara’s mother, who looked concerned, a deep creased etched in her forehead. Next to Sora and holding her hand firmly was Dahee, whose face was still streaked with wet tears. In the middle was a pale looking Sora, who had machinery surrounding her, making loud sounds indicating a strong heartbeat. She had several needles connected to her arms, which led to bags of clear liquids and a large tube, which was inserted into so that it would pump air in and out of her lungs.

Jiho cleared his throat as he entered and bowed low. They all turned to him and nodded they acknowledgment, and he took his place next to Dahee, still unsure of how Nara would react to him being there for her sister rather than her. Yet, much to his surprise, she gave him a small smile as he took Dahee’s place in holding Sora’s hand.

They were silent for a while, all just staring at Sora, until the doctor came in with a few nurses. They all bowed and stepped away from the bed and allowed the doctor to do his work, yet Jiho stayed firmly by her side, not letting go of her hand.

“Have you all said your prayers?” The nurse said as she addressed the family, they all nodded silently and she gave a small smile.

“Ready?” The doctor said in a hushed voice. There was utter silence in the room for several seconds, except for the sounds of the machinery that was helping Sora stay alive. Then the doctors nodded to the nurses and the machines stopped, leaving Sora’s family, Dahee and Jiho in a deafening silence.

The nurses worked quickly, and pulled out the respirator from Sora’s mouth. Her body jerked and small sounds could be heard as they pulled the long tube from . Her hand reflectively jerked and squeezed a few times, and Jiho felt comfort in the small gesture even though it broke his heart. Once the tube was removed, then one of the nurses began to gently wipe Sora’s mouth with a wet cloth. The other nurse pulled out a clear tube with two small nubs with holes, which were meant to be inserted into the nose, to help breathing.

“You have a strong one here, Sir.” The doctor said as he patted the shoulder of Sora’s father with a broad smile. He quickly wiped the tears away as he smiled and thanked the doctor and the nurses.

Nara quickly turned to her mother and began to sob as she hugged her tight. Jiho was happy to see tears streaming down the face of her mother. Suddenly he was taken aback when he felt firm arms wrap around his own waist. He looked down to see Dahee in the same condition as Nara. He smiled slightly and rubbed her back in small circles as he allowed his own tears to fall.

It was a good day. Sora was healing at a speed that even the doctors couldn’t possibly explain, and she was now off life support, and breathing on her own.

The tears that were shed were not those of mourning, but rather tears of sheer happiness and relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An update! I am sorry that it's a short one, but I thought that you all deserved to be somewhat releaved to know that there is no end to Sora!

I hope that you enjoyed this update, but unfortunalty, I wont be able to update till the weekend :S

I have a project and a job interview this weekend, so I will try to get some writing in!

Have a great night/day! <3

-A

P.S I promise that all the crazy stuff is over now, and good stuff will roll through :)