Two

Cinderella's Got Nothing on Me.

Once Sora’s mother closed her door, she fell back into her bed and fell instantly asleep. Sora didn’t care about the families plan for the next day, all she wanted to do was sleep.

Several hours later, Sora was woken by her cell phone ringing. She groaned and rolled over to answer.

“Yoboseyo?” She answered in a husky voice.

“Hi... uh...is this the producer of Ahn Tunes?” A deep voice asked. Sora, sat up and rubbed her eyes. She looked over at her clock. It was 3:30 AM in the morning.

“YAH! Do you know what time it is?!” She yelled at the person on the other end of the line. The person coughed nervously.

“I’m sorry, but this is the only time we can meet. Everything is recorded, I just need a good producer...” He replied sheepishly. Sora sighed one more time and rolled out of bed.

“Meet me by the University, I’ll be there in fifteen minutes. If you are late, I will leave and it is your loss.” Sora quickly hung up her phone and flipped on the light switch. This was one of her many employments, if you could call it. She became an anonymous producer for students in the music faculty who could not afford to get their music evaluated and produced. Sora didn’t do it because she wanted the money, but on the contrary. She did it because she loved to produce, she had a knack of knowing which sounds would flow and it helped that she could easily compose.

But mostly she did it in spite. Everyone on campus, well at least everyone in the arts, knew well whom Ahn Tunes. She was a mystery, no one knew her identity and she produced music that would receive above average grades. This angered many people on campus who charged fees to produce tracks for students. Sora loved it, seeing the frustration on people’s faces as they realized that they once again lost to the mysterious producer.

Sora walked over to her closet and opened up several draws. She pulled out a plain pair of tights, heaved them over her legs and pulled a long lose long sleeve jumper off its hanger and pulled it over her head. Next she pulled on an army hat over her messy curls. Though it was dark out, she still put on one of her biggest pairs of dark sunglasses and pulled on a hair of Doc Martin boots.

She slowly opened the door to her room, and made her way down the dark hall. She descended the steps on at a time, careful so that they would not creak beneath her feet. This was the earliest calls that she had ever received. Normally students would call her at relatively later hours, yet it was still early enough to lie to her parents and tell them that she was going out to see Da Hee.

Once Sora was close to the door, she pressed down on a few numbers to dis-alarm the alarm system in the house. A soft beeping echoed through the house, and Sora winced waiting in suspense to see whether or not it had waken anyone. After several seconds there was sound within the house, so Sora stepped out into the cool autumn night air.

She breathed in, content. Then headed for her own car sleek jet black Mercedes Ben ML500 with tinted windows and custom interior. She didn’t particularly like it, for it showed off that she had money, but it was nice and mysterious and well, it worked. It beeped softly as she pressed on the unlocked button. In no time she was past the iron gates and on her way to the university.

~

Sora pressed redial on her phone and waited patiently as a popular song rang out until there was a hushed “Yoboseyo?”

“It’s me, did you reserve a room?” she asked, whilst still waiting in the car, the hum of the engine enveloping her like a soft purr.

“Yes, it’s in room D-86.” The male voice sounded nervous.

“I’ll be there in 5. Wait inside the room.” Sora replied curtly and ended the phone call. She weaved her car around a few streets and parked so that no one would notice her car in the school parking lot.

Several minutes later she knocked softly on the door and walked in. There was no one in the school at this hour, expect for medical students studying in the main library which was another fifteen minutes away from the studios.

The room was dimly lit, just as Sora had liked it. In one of the two plush rolling chairs near the control boards sat one individual, he was wearing a hat that hooded his eyes and there was another sitting in one of the chairs in the far corner of room dressed in a similar fashion as Sora, with a army hat and large sunglasses that hid his face. Yet, still through his methods of disguise, Sora faintly recognized the face, though where she had previously seen him she could not place.

“This producer is a girl?” Said the one from the corner with some amusement.

Sora tuned and looked at him. Though the cap was covering his hair colour and the sunglasses covering a good part of his face, he had a thicker nose and nicely shaped lips, which were set in a round yet angular, face. His voice was deep and rich. Sora shivered from the sound, she had heard the voice before, many times before, yet she still could not place him.

“Please don’t mind him. He’s my friend, he asked to come.” The one who had called Sora had said. His voice seemed too loud for the room.

Sora looked back at the one who had just spoken. He was young, with unkempt hair that fell into his eyes. He had large round eyes, an angular nose and thin lips.

A typical ulzzang, she concluded.

She shrugged indifferent; as long as she stayed where he was she was fine with it. She walked over to the table and sat down in the chair, her hand out palm up. When the guy did not respond, Sora sighed and put her hand back down.

“First time?” Sora asked smirked. The guy looked baffled and didn’t respond. A low chuckle could be heard from the background.

“I require total silence from on lookers.” Sora said as she snapped her fingers in the direction of the mysterious friend in the corner as she kept her eyes on the guy in front of her.

“Hand me your audio.” Sora said. The guy in front of her fumbled in his pockets and pulled out a CD.

Sora slipped in the CD, and began to work her magic.

~

 

Sora left the studio just as the sun began to keep its way up into the sky. She yawned and stretched as she walked away from campus and down the streets that she parked. Lost in her own train of thought she did not hear the footsteps following her as she neared her car.

“Yah! Yah! Producer Girl!” A familiar deep voice yelled. Suddenly Sora stopped dead in her tracks. She whirled around just in time to step aside before the mysterious friend crashed into her.

Sora looked at him frozen. Why had he followed her?

“Yah!” He said again, as he bent down gasping for breath. “Why do you walk so fast?” He asked Sora. Sora stood her ground.

“Because I can walk...?” She replied quietly, confused. He looked up at her then, though he still had his sunglasses and hat on, she could still feel his gaze on her face.

“I wanted to give you this.” He said as he pulled out a small envelope and handed it to Sora. Sora looked down at it, and saw that in the envelope, were several bills of money.

She shook her head and annoyed. She turned suddenly, opened her car door and slid inside.

"Wait! Wait..." He said as he caught her car door before she could close it. "Do I know you?"

"No." Sora replied frankly. Her heart beat began to race. So it was mutual, they both knew each other, but could not place one another.

Sora began to feel uneasy.